L'Auberge de Sedona
US$238
US$195
Official Site
GreenTree Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$135
The Views Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$129
AscendHotels
  • Breakfast included
Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$158
Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$336
US$275
US$292
US$259
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$543
US$489
TripAdvisor
3,640 results
All reviewsoutdoor showercreek sidecreekside cottageno tippingduck feedingvista suitecreekside diningthe cottagesvalet staffwood burning fireplacebeautiful creekred rocksturn down servicebeautiful propertygolf cartspa servicesthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Maybe our expectations were too high. We've stayed at some amazing, world-class places...but this wasn't one of them. I've no doubt it's the best thing going in Sedona, but (as noted in my review of the restaurant) that's a fairly low bar.

So, if you're going to pony up the big bucks to stay here...

The creekside location is lovely, though I don't know if I'd love it so much if we hadn't been in a creekside cottage -- the sound of the rushing water is so soothing -- or if we'd been in one of the cottages on the ends which are less private and less scenic.

The cottages are very nice, and so much better than a hotel room at the end of a hallway, but it's nearing time for these to get a reno. In ours, the AC unit was loud, the LED lighting consisted of harsh, tiny spotlights, and we absolutely hated the pillows, which were incredibly hard, and weirdly cased.

Though the valets, concierge and check-in staff were pleasant and prompt, we were very disappointed in the veranda bar service and morning coffee-scones service. Management is to blame, of course. They short-staff the bar, so you wait an eternity for service. And they don't appear to make any one person responsible for the morning service...which means it's not kept clean or well-stocked -- both mornings we came down there was no decaf coffee, and no rush to replenish.

Net-net...we'll stay there again, but our expectations will be lower...and we'll bring our own pillows!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MeghanRudolph, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. As we do with all our reviews, we will take this to our management team to discuss. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and will look at the points that you have made and implement changes. In the end, we are happy to hear that you are planning to return and we hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel was wonderful, very comfortable and clean. My boys really enjoyed the pool and the creek. We had a corner room in the Lodge. All of the employees we talked to were so nice and helpful to us. I was able to enjoy a facial at the spa, which was heavenly, while my husband took the boys on a Pink Jeep tour. We would definitely stay here again. The only reason it wasn't a 5 star experience was because the air conditioning made a very loud noise when it cycled on in the middle of the night. We were thankful to have the cool air, but it woke us up a few times each night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank johndee21

Thank you for your review, the title of your review is something we strive for! We're glad that your family enjoyed your stay and you were able to get in a little extra R&R at the spa. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at the resort this month for a friend's wedding. While the location is absolutely beautiful, there was nothing outstanding about the accommodations by any means. We stayed in a creek side cottage. It has a good amount of space. If you're at all interested in watching TV while in bed, most of the cottages are not conducive (unless you lie on your side the whole time :). The bed was only semi-comfortable and the pillows not at all. I was surprised to find things not well-kept as you'd expect for a suite costing $500/night. One of the stoppers on the toilet seat was missing, the pictures on the wall in the bathroom were very low quality and one frame was very obviously broken. The hot/cold/on/off indicator ring in the bathtub was hanging loose over the handle. The WORST thing about this experience was that there was a housekeeping storage shed attached to the back of the building and when housekeeping would access the room and close the door, there was a very loud bang that rocked the whole back wall...coming twice at noon nap time as well as three times between 11 pm and midnight. If you're looking for a beautiful location, this is a great spot, but for the cost....I would expect a much more put-together room. I've slept more comfortably at rooms for a fraction of the cost.

There is complimentary coffee and scones/danishes each morning. The first morning it was very well attended with an employee cleaning up and refilling thing three times in the ten minutes I was present. The second day I left and came back after waiting ten minutes for coffee and creamer to be refilled. No one came. When I returned the items had been replenished, but no one attended the area for quite a while.

The concierge came through with printing something quickly for me that I needed and I appreciated her attentiveness. All staff I experienced were polite and friendly without being intrusive.

I'd give the grounds, staff, and location an A+, but the room itself in quality and comfort gets a C.

Room Tip: Choose a "modest" room with a great view and walk down to the creek to enjoy it's beauty.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carrie J

Thank you for your review. We're delighted that you enjoyed our location and our staff was attentive to your needs. We appreciate your comments on the details of the rooms and will review this with our team, we agree with you that the details make the stay.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My fiancee and I have been enjoying the L'Auberge experience since December 12, 2008, the day we actually got engaged on the property. L'Auberge was in on the surprise engagement and made it so memorable that we will only stay on the property. (As a matter of fact, we will decline and/or refuse free offers from others in the area!) We travel to L'Auberge 1-3 times a year. Every time we stay on the property, the staff continues to exceed our expectations, and they are pretty darn high. We recently spent the 4th of July here and were catered to and spoiled rotten. LOVED IT!

The property is very dog friendly which allows us to bring our Cocker Spaniel, Bree. She too receives alot of attention. Staff is super friendly and courteous. We are greeted warmly with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne and our fur baby receives a doggy care package as well with goodies from the local dog bakery.

We have enjoyed several couple's spa packages catered to our needs, delicious meals at the bar, and OH GOODNESS GRACIOUS you must try the all-you-can-eat brunch on Sundays along Oak Creek. There are several activities everyone can enjoy. One of my favorites is yoga by amazing local instructors. You can not help but meditate and relax.

I must give HUGE "KUDOS" to one individual who always goes above and beyond to assist us with any needs... Ryan Pederson. He has been in on all the surprises over the years including our most recent to celebrate my upcoming birthday! He always checks in with us to make sure our trip is wonderful. We can not say enough GREAT things about Ryan.

Staying at L'Auberge is peaceful, tranquil, and relaxing. The views from the cabins are breathtaking. This is definitely the place to unwind, take in the phenomenal environment nature shares, enjoy a tasty glass of wine, and be with your loved ones.

L'Auberge is where it's at. All that is missing... is YOU! You will not forget your time spent here. It's a beautiful place to create your own memorable experience. Let the folks at L'Auberge spoil you!

Thank you L'Auberge for being a part of my life. I can not wait for our next experience with you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NawlinsVoodooQueen
MeghanRudolph, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review of L'Auberge and your continued support throughout the years. We're so honored that you choose to spend your important celebrations with us. We'll be sure to give Ryan an extra pat on the back for taking such great care of you. We'll see you soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Wow- the only reason it is 4 stars experience, because the Food and Beverages aren't organic or non-GMO, so dining experience for us, although it has an amazing location right on the river bank.
We loved the privacy of the cottage, its decor its working 'real' fireplace and its close proximity from valet. You could go dip your feet in the ice cold water of the stream and listen to it to. As for value, if you have been in Four Seasons or the Ritz, this probably won't measure up. In other words it is expensive for what it is.

Room Tip: Stay low in the creek!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We're so happy that you enjoyed our location along oak creek and took advantage of getting your feet in the creek!