I can only rate this 3 stars for the following reasons:
Pro's first: Grounds are beautiful
The cottage we stayed in was updated and nice
They are dog friendly
The valet guys are hardworking and accommodating
The staff had a really bad attitude from the concierge check in, the bartender who would rather cut up lemons than wait on us. The hostess at the outside restaurant did not even offer a friendly hello or crack a smile. One person who finally brought us our ice tea said we are just so busy and proceeded to throw a temper tantrum with us and several other guests watching because they were out of some sort of food.
The fact that they take dogs is a plus, but then they charge 35 dollars a day per dog, outrageous!
The mattress was almost too soft as both my husband and I had trouble sleeping because it made our bodies fall asleep, had to keep turning all night.
Went to make dinner reservations at 3pm for that evening and they were booked solid, ate a Dahl and Diluca which turned out to be a blessing, awesome food and service.
When I made the reservation I requested early check in, we arrived at 215pm and our room was not ready, she took our cell and said she would call us by 3pm. No big deal except we never got a call. I finally had to go back to the long line and find out why no one called us to say it was ready. No apologies at all. It was 330pm at this time. We cannot say enough about service in this economy. We stay at the Grand Del Mar Resort in San Diego and by the end of our stay they know us by name greet us everytime as if we are the only guest at the Hotel. We did not experience this at the L'Auberge ever. I will add that is was Labor Day weekend and they were busy, BUT this to me is why you would want to be at your best so these same people may come back again next year. I might add, it will not be us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L’Auberge de Sedona has the privilege of being one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. Surrounded by the towering red rocks of Sedona, we have an extraordinary and unique location on the banks of Oak Creek, where the air is cooler, the scenery even more beautiful and the atmosphere so tranquil and romantic that even the most seasoned traveler is awestruck. With staff who genuinely care – who greet you with warm, sincere smiles and go above and beyond to ensure you have a truly magical stay. We offer 87 meticulously appointed guest rooms and cottages spread across 11 acres of landscaped grounds. The cottages all have fireplaces and private decks; most have separate outdoor showers. Have a romantic dinner on our creekside patio, and you’ll see why L’Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek was named "One of the Top Ten Restaurants in the Southwest" by Condé Nast Traveler. We’ve also received the Wine Spectator’s "Award of Excellence" 19 consecutive times. Our $25 million refurbishment includes a new indoor/outdoor wine bar and dining patio and an expanded spa for lounging after your day’s activities. And if you want more, there are lots of extras like yoga classes, daily duck feedings, evening stargazing sessions and pet-friendly rooms.But don’t take our word for it. Just read what our guests have to say. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'Auberge de Sedona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge De Sedona Hotel Sedona
- Lauberge De Sedona
- L'Auberge De Sedona Arizona