“What a fabulous property for a leisure break but especially a wedding”

L'Auberge de Sedona
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 11 September 2010

My fiance and I chose L'Auberge for our wedding and honeymoon because we wanted something very special. Boy, did we get something special! Well beyond our wildest dreams! Location, service, amenities, personnel, food, cleanliness, creekside private cottage, assistance in arranging our creekside ceremony and the warmth and personal attention; all were outstanding. A very special nod to Deborah Koontz who pretty much made it all happen. You rarely find the kind of customer service Deborah provided. We'll be back for many anniversaries to come!

Richard and Susan
Cleveland, OH

Reviewed 9 September 2010

I have planned a trip to L'Auberge de Sedona for a family and worked with Deborah. She was so attentive to their requests during the booking process and very thorough in answering all of my questions. As the first contact at the resort, she set the tone for what will be a great destination for a family reunion.

Elizabeth N
Travel Consultant

Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We spent a most memorable Labor Day weekend at this intimate resort in the heart of Sedona based on recommendations from friends and a recent review in our local newspaper. We were not disappointed. The location along the banks of Oak Creek is surreal and totally unexpected when compared with the rest of (very dry) Sedona. A tall tree canopy provides shade and cooler than average temperatures perfect for relaxing creekside. Service from everyone was warm, personal and efficient without a hint of pretension like you sometimes find in the Scottsdale resorts. We were fortunate to be upgraded to one of their new hillside cottages which provide to-die-for views of the neighboring Red Rock formations. Enjoyed a delicious (albeit a bit pricey) lunch creekside at the hotel's restaurant (you are paying for the location and views) and once again felt as if we were in a totally different world of lush foliage and running water. Truly the best of both worlds! Looking forward to coming back in October to see the colors changing.

Reviewed 8 September 2010

My partner and I stayed in the hotel for only 1 night as part of a short trip to the grand canyon.
First the pros. The hotel is ideally situated with beautiful beautiful surroundings. The creek along which the restaurant/cabins are situated is a highlight. The cabins are clean and nicely decorated. Bed is average but I slept through the night just fine.
Now the cons. I booked the hotel with Amex Platinum Travel via the Fine Hotels and Resorts program, which automatically comes with daily breakfast and free lunch(only at this property as a special). Upon checkin, I was told by the front desk clerk that I dont get these benefits. I didn't want to argue so I let it go, planning to call my travel advisor later to verify. What really ticked me off is when I asked if there is full breakfast in the hotel and when the hours are, I was told there is only Sunday brunch from 9 to whatever, but there is full breakfast in the Orchard's restaurant uptown in Sedona(Turns out they serve a lovely breakffast menu daily from 7-9am in the creekside restaurant on property). Since our room is not ready, we planned to have some lunch. All of sudden, the front desk clerk called a golf cart for us and told the driver to drive us to Orchard's restaurant for lunch. Ok then, we decided to check it out. Turned out the restaurant was a *DUMP*. The staff must get some kickbacks for referring guests here. I thought it was absolutely distasteful for a supposedly high-end property to do this to its guests. We ended up having lunch at the Cowboy Club, which was actually quite nice. Much kodus to Amex travel service(they were professional and never let me down), they called the hotel and clarified breakfast/lunch free benefits do exist. Unfortunately at check-out the next day, I was presented with the bill with breakfast/lunch stil on it. I had to remind them again to take it off. I hate to do this b/c it's a hassle on my otherwise lovely vacation, but is it that hard to get what I paid for? If they do not want to offer the benefits, then don't list on Amex preferred hotel list. Simple no?
Overall it was a nice one night stay sans the service hiccups.

Reviewed 8 September 2010

I can only rate this 3 stars for the following reasons:
Pro's first: Grounds are beautiful
The cottage we stayed in was updated and nice
They are dog friendly
The valet guys are hardworking and accommodating
Con's:
The staff had a really bad attitude from the concierge check in, the bartender who would rather cut up lemons than wait on us. The hostess at the outside restaurant did not even offer a friendly hello or crack a smile. One person who finally brought us our ice tea said we are just so busy and proceeded to throw a temper tantrum with us and several other guests watching because they were out of some sort of food.
The fact that they take dogs is a plus, but then they charge 35 dollars a day per dog, outrageous!
The mattress was almost too soft as both my husband and I had trouble sleeping because it made our bodies fall asleep, had to keep turning all night.
Went to make dinner reservations at 3pm for that evening and they were booked solid, ate a Dahl and Diluca which turned out to be a blessing, awesome food and service.
When I made the reservation I requested early check in, we arrived at 215pm and our room was not ready, she took our cell and said she would call us by 3pm. No big deal except we never got a call. I finally had to go back to the long line and find out why no one called us to say it was ready. No apologies at all. It was 330pm at this time. We cannot say enough about service in this economy. We stay at the Grand Del Mar Resort in San Diego and by the end of our stay they know us by name greet us everytime as if we are the only guest at the Hotel. We did not experience this at the L'Auberge ever. I will add that is was Labor Day weekend and they were busy, BUT this to me is why you would want to be at your best so these same people may come back again next year. I might add, it will not be us.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
LaubergeDeSedona, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments and experiences with us. We very much appreciate your patronage and your time. We have shared your observations with our service team so that we may improve our resort. We do hope that you will reconsider and give us a second chance in the future,

Greg Velasquez
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 7 September 2010

I returned home yesterday after my 4th stay at this resort in the past 12 months. During this 12 months I have witnessed many changes including their recent expansion to include rock view cottages which are now complete. I have stayed in all of their various accommodation including The Lodge, which is warm and cosy in addition to very cost effective, the Creekside cottages, which include open fireplaces and outdoor nature showers as well as elegant indoor shower and tubs. The latter of these rooms offers peaceful surroundings where a vast number of trees offer canopied shade and beautiful views of a lively stream complete with a stream filled with lots of wildlife freely flowing past your verandah and living areas. Wonderful way to rest and recharge, also extremely conducive to a romantic getaway!! This visit I stayed in the new Hillside Cottages which offer a quite different experience to the Creekside Cottages. Uninterrupted, amazing views of Sedona's famous "red rocks". These cottages are elegant and tasteful, offering a separate living room and verandah, with views of the red rocks from the living, bed and bathrooms. Outdoor nature shower, which offers complete privacy, as well as a separate indoor tub and shower. Most significant is the exceptional attention paid to guests by ALL STAFF!! Not just management. Your name is remembered and used whenever possible. Everyone from the valet's to the Resort Manager make certain you feel welcome, that all of your needs or requests are fully accommodated and on the rare occasion something might go slight amiss - they rectify both gracefully and immediately. Their attention to detail is excellent. The resort is immaculate, the restaurant offers first class service and food ... all in all I cannot recommend it highly enough. I am very particular and enjoy to give credit when deserved. Well done L'Auberge!! A special Thank you to Ryan and Scott who always go out of their way to make my stay as close to perfect as possible.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bella Maree L
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Beautifully situated right alongside Oak Creek underneath an umbrella of mature Cottonwoods and other trees, this unquestionably the finest place to stay in Sedona; food is excellent (albeit a bit pricey); service top notch - not just professional, but extremely friendly. Private cabin accommodations are very nice. And pet friendly. Our boxer had as great a time as we did.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family