Where do we even begin? It has to begin with the people! From the second we pulled up we were made to feel ‘special’. It was our 10 year anniversary and we were looking for something beyond special and we found it. The Valets were beyond courteous, greeted us warmly and congratulated on our anniversary. When we checked in Scott went above, beyond, and then some to make us feel welcome. He reviewed our itinerary and although our room was not quite ready [we requested an early check-in at 2:00pm] Scott immediately asked we would like a ride into town to look around while we waited. When we returned approximately an hour later we were greeted with fresh cookies and in no time we were on our way to our room where our luggage had already been delivered. Little did we know this was only the beginning of what would prove to be our best vacation, ever. Wherever we walked on the property the staff always greeted us with a warm, sincere smile. People truly can make or break any experience regardless of the surroundings.
L’auberge de Sedona has it all.
Dinner was an extraordinary experience. We had the pleasure of having Joel guide us through our dining adventure, and what an adventure is was. He was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, humorous, and attentive. The quality and presentation of the food was top shelf and the entire kitchen staff is to be commended. David Schmidt is an Iron Chef! Before I go on, the Lobster Bisque was to die for and I actually enjoyed it three times during our stay. I can honestly say I have never had its equal, and this is coming from a guy who was born in Maine! Everyone needs to dine along Oak Creek at sundown. “Magical” is the only work to describe it. Again, without Joel, it would not have been the experience it was. Thank you Joel!
The next day at breakfast………another homerun by the way, the hostess [Kailyn] was very nice and on subsequent visits knew us on site, called us by name, and made us feel at home. We ended up dining on the property for all but one meal. Next time we will make it 100%! Everything from the Omelets, the French Toast, the Beef Tenderloin Salad, the Butter Poached Lobster, did I mention the Bisque? Absolutely everything was truly elegant.
Among Scott’s other excellent recommendations, we went on a couple of hikes during our stay and they were exceptional. In fact, everything Scott suggested was perfect. On Saturday I scheduled a couples massage and the staff at the Spa were also exceptional. We have not felt that relaxed in a long time.
I could go on forever regarding the Property, the People and the Food, but I’ll sum it up by writing this: WE WILL BE BACK! And we’re telling anyone who will listen that they need to plan their next vacation at L’auberge de Sedona.
Thank you Scott, Joel, Kailyn and the entire staff for an outstanding 10 Year Anniversary!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L’Auberge de Sedona has the privilege of being one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. Surrounded by the towering red rocks of Sedona, we have an extraordinary and unique location on the banks of Oak Creek, where the air is cooler, the scenery even more beautiful and the atmosphere so tranquil and romantic that even the most seasoned traveler is awestruck. With staff who genuinely care – who greet you with warm, sincere smiles and go above and beyond to ensure you have a truly magical stay. We offer 87 meticulously appointed guest rooms and cottages spread across 11 acres of landscaped grounds. The cottages all have fireplaces and private decks; most have separate outdoor showers. Have a romantic dinner on our creekside patio, and you’ll see why L’Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek was named "One of the Top Ten Restaurants in the Southwest" by Condé Nast Traveler. We’ve also received the Wine Spectator’s "Award of Excellence" 19 consecutive times. Our $25 million refurbishment includes a new indoor/outdoor wine bar and dining patio and an expanded spa for lounging after your day’s activities. And if you want more, there are lots of extras like yoga classes, daily duck feedings, evening stargazing sessions and pet-friendly rooms.But don’t take our word for it. Just read what our guests have to say. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your L'Auberge de Sedona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge De Sedona Hotel Sedona
- Lauberge De Sedona
- L'Auberge De Sedona Arizona