“A must stay -- I'll be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Penrose B&B

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Penrose B&B
Ranked #11 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Northern Virginia
“A must stay -- I'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2005

Returned this week from a wonderful two-night stay at the Penrose. The views from the home were spectacular and the owner/hosts (Whitney and Christie) were very friendly and helpful, and made sure we enjoyed our stay. Our breakfasts were outstanding, with very polite, attentive service. Stayed with a friend in the Mariposa room, with the pull out twin being quite comfortable. The room and home were very clean. Except for the many quails outside (which I liked), it was very quiet and peaceful throughout our stay. I also enjoyed having Whitney and three employees singing Happy Birthday to me (in two languages no less)! Great hikes lay at the B&B’s front steps, and Whitney was helpful with suggestions and trail maps. Our Pink Jeep tour was awesome, as well. When we return to Sedona, we will definitely plan to return to the Penrose!

• Stayed May 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank obxforus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2005

Having found The Penrose from its terrific web site, we stayed there for 3 nights mid April. What a fantastic b&b for our Sedona vacation. The inn is a beautiful house in a spectacular location. It is in the Village of Oak Creek, and I was thankful not to be in uptown Sedona or on the strip that is 89A. Instead, The Penrose is in a quiet neighborhood with fabulous views of the red rock formations that make Sedona famous. Whitney, who owns and runs The Penrose, knew of every hike we wanted to take and provided us with maps, locations, and a run down of what to expect. The breakfasts were delicious, and the cook accomodated my every picky need. The accomations were comfortable, squeaky clean, tasteful without being pretentious. We couldn't have asked for anything better and we would definitely stay at The Penrose again when we make it back out to wonderful Sedona. Check it out for a fabulous base for your Sedona vacation.

• Stayed April 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank chippie
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2004

I had an excellent time staying at the Penrose.My room was very clean with a spotless and modern bathroom. The food was delicious, with good variety. You can get free drinks anytime from the little refrigerator in the breakfast room. They also have a good collection of DVD's.The view really sets the place apart. The Penrose is up on a hill, with a commanding view of the valley. Plus it is right up against the red rocks, with a great view of Bell Rock. I hiked all around Sedona, and the view from the Pernose parking lot alone is hard to beat.All in all a great place -- highly recommend.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2003

Superb setting very quiet and close to the Red Rocks. The owners were hospitable, served us excellent breakfasts, and very helpful in planning our days activities. We spent four nights in this beautiful home, and highly recommend "The Penrose Bed and Breakfast"

4 Thank 2468
bham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2003

For our honeymoon in May, we went to the Southwest. First stop was Sedona. We stayed three night at the Penrose. We both highly recomend it. First and foremost, the owner, Whitney, was just great, as was the entire staff. Whitney was super nice and very helpful and accomodating with all our requests. Everything was first rate, first class. The breakfasts were wonderful and varied. The views there are to die for. Go to their website, it is very professionally done and really depicts what it is like there. The rooms all have great views and wonderfull balconies. We loved the time we spent there. After staying there, I just can't imagine staying any where else if we ever make it back to Sedona.

7 Thank curlyomar
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2002

I recently visited the Penrose Bed and Breakfast in Sedona, Arizona after visting its comprehensive website. Although there are many beautiful pictures on the webpage, none really captured the awe-inspiring beauty of the view from my room (the Mariposa). Bell Rock could be seen in the distance, while Castle Rock is literally in the backyard (and makes for a enjoyable hike on its own). The combination of the light, airy, but cozy room with the undeniably scenic, peaceful, and varied landscape made me feel happy just to be alive!

I would also like to say that the owner/host Whitney Pope, was phenomenally accomodating and attentive. He was quite happy to arrange DVD selections, sight-seeing trips, and dinner reservations, all at no extra cost, leaving me to enjoy the beauty with no hassle at all.

The breakfast was delicious, the rooms were perfectly clean (including the bathroom, about which I am very particular), the host was gracious. All in all, the Penrose met my expectations in every way and I would recommend it without qualification.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member