“Nice place to be for a week”

Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
New York City, New York
“Nice place to be for a week”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked a one-bedroom unit here for my family vacation. I booked it through vrbo.com because I had read the trip advisor reviews about the time-share presentation and thought that we would be able to avoid the Diamond Resort membership speech if I booked it this way. It didn't quite happen that way, but we still were able to avoid the presentation by not picking up our "welcome packet". We're not interested in time-sharing vacations, and I'm definitely not interested in giving up any of my vacation time for a hard core sales pitch. We found out during our trip that the presentation is an hour and a half and I really didn't want to deal with that.

The unit was well appointed and the beds were incredibly comfortable. We cooked on the outdoor grill several times, and found it to be better than ours at home. The kitchen had most of what we needed for our week's stay....utensils, pots and pans, etc. I'd recommend going to the grocery on the first day of your stay and buy small quantities because you're likely to end up with stuff left at the end of the week. Housekeeping came once in our week's stay and that was fine.

There are 2 pools there, although we only went to one of them. The property has lots of hills, so it's a hike up to the pool deck. Our last day there, a kid had an accident in the pool and a maintenance man came to remove "it" but didn't immediately tell any of the guests about it. Another guest had to tell my kids to get out of the pool because she'd seen what had happened. The maintenance guy left to get chemicals to shock the pool without telling anyone what he was doing or closing the pool, so the other guest ended up having to warn anyone who came to the pool while he was gone. It was ridiculous, especially since there was a kid's activity going on at the pool at the time and there were Diamond Resort employees standing next to the pool as this was all happening. It was gross, and my teenagers immediately returned to the room and showered. Good thing our unit had a washer and dryer, because I washed their bathing suits and towels as soon as we got back to the room.

Aside from the pool incident, and worrying over a high-pressure sales pitch that we avoided, we enjoyed our stay. The location was convenient, the unit was clean and comfortable, and the people we met were all nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nancy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Korean first
Muscatine, IA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked this through RCI at the last minute and were truely suprised. Our 2 bedroom unit was spacious, well laid out with stunning views of the area We had a full kitchen, two balconies, everything you needed for a great stay. They will probably try to sell you a Diamaond Resort Membership but even that presentation was interesting. Concierge service was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stevenson Ranch, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Booked this condo last minute through Priceline and paid $85/nt. we had a studio for just two of us, the bed was very comfortable, the size of the room was perfect for us. It was helpful to have a large fridge and some kitchenware. The coffee maker is a joke, just go to the lobby, they had good coffee there for free. Since we were there to hike the location of the place was great...close to a lot of trailheads. The pools were nice and everything seemed clean.
The only con I had is that when we checked in I was told that none of the studio rooms have views..ok, I get that. Well, a couple of hours later, two men in the 1 bedroom next to us decided to have a very loud and physical fight and the police were called. We asked if we could be moved since they were not leaving anytime soon, they obliged..and wouldn't you know it..we got a new studio room with a beautiful view....hmm, I think someone was not being truthful to me...
Overall, I think this is a good value condo if you get it for the right price. I also trade with Interval and checked when i got home..they had this place listed for the week for $350/wk so I still think we overpaid.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

On the diamond resort scale it is in between bell rock Inn Sedona and los abrigados sedona. Nice for a couple retreat not as kid friendly and the other 2 mentioned.. the plus for couples there are hot tub scattered around the grounds all hidden very private with awsome views of the scenery.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank alejandro f
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2014

First - the room assignment. I traded in using Interval International, and was assigned a room with a view of golf driving range netting and trees virtually right up to a fence ten feet from the building - in SEDONA. (In other words, I got one of the worst views not just at that property, but in the entire town.

The 1 BR condo had some maintenance issues (small appliances), and carpeting that DESPERATELY needs cleaning. That said, it was nice having the laundry pair in the suite, an icemaker, a dishwasher, and a soaker tub (without jets, however), The pool towels were nice too.

The fitness room was amongst the best I have seen in timeshare properties - but the wifi was quite slow. (At least the resort waived the customary charges I was supposed to pay for it as an exchanger rather than a Diamond Resorts owner.)

The pools and hot tubs were less than I expected (smaller and less carefully maintained).

I'll be back to Sedona, but will probably reserve elsewhere next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Joe G
Alaska
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed her for three nights for a wedding late May 2014. The area was very pretty (Sedona is beautiful) and the condo was decent, Check in was a little weird, the front desk staff were nice, but not especially helpful during check in or check out. No one tried to "pitch" anything to us but it was pretty clear that this is a timeshare. We had a standard studio condo on the bottom floor with a view of/patio just off the parking lot - needless to say we did not use the patio area and we kept the curtains on the sliding glass door shut for privacy reasons.
_________
The Good: convenient location since the wedding was at the Main Clubhouse.
It was clean.
The Hotel is near a grocery store, go one roundabout up, and go to the left in the roundabout, then the store is on the right.
There is a pretty great little coffee shop (Firecreek Coffee, within a short drive up past a couple of roundabouts and on the left.
There is an Italian restaurant (Cucina Rustica) just off the roundabout in the strip mall area. It had good appetizer's and wine - the wine and buffalo mozzarella appetizer were the highlights - both our main pasta courses were just okay as was the dessert - we sat outside and it was a lovely evening - they had someone playing music - if we went back we would just order drinks and appetizers while sitting outside.
The condo was stocked with a few items: wine glasses, corkscrew, silverware, etc.
_________
The Bad: We were suppose to be placed near the bridal party in the same building or adjacent building - instead we were several streets down and had to either drive back or walk back in the dark each night (they do provide flashlights in each room) - not that big of a deal, but slightly inconvenient.
The room was extremely noisy, the wall in the bathroom made a constant hideous mechanical noise.
The condo needed some repairs - the light/ceiling fan in the bathroom was dangling by wires.
The room was extremely dark and one of the lights did not work.
It was actually very hot in Sedona while we were there and the air conditioner did not work as well as it should have.
_________
Our friends (parents of the bride) had a much nicer room on the second floor in one of the buildings down the street from check in. They had a 2 bedroom unit w/ 2 bathrooms, with a fireplace, and a balcony that faced the golf course on the back side of the building - if I had that room I would rate it a 4 instead of the room we had which is more like a 2-3.
_________
Overall the condo was fine, but nothing to write home about - would I stay her again - perhaps if the price was right and I got one of the nicer room with a balcony facing the Golf Course or if the studio apartment was super cheap between $50 and $100 per night total with tax, etc. - otherwise I would be inclined to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aurora_21
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Had a studio for 3 nights. Great accommodations. Kitchenette, dvd player, balcony with a view. Two pools and three Jacuzzis. Bed and couch in unit not so comfortable. With all the upgrades like granite counters and huge bathrooms you'd think a comfortable bed and couch would be included. Nice pool area with ice and vending machines. Even have gas grills throughout the grounds! Will stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple