I booked a one-bedroom unit here for my family vacation. I booked it through vrbo.com because I had read the trip advisor reviews about the time-share presentation and thought that we would be able to avoid the Diamond Resort membership speech if I booked it this way. It didn't quite happen that way, but we still were able to avoid the presentation by not picking up our "welcome packet". We're not interested in time-sharing vacations, and I'm definitely not interested in giving up any of my vacation time for a hard core sales pitch. We found out during our trip that the presentation is an hour and a half and I really didn't want to deal with that.
The unit was well appointed and the beds were incredibly comfortable. We cooked on the outdoor grill several times, and found it to be better than ours at home. The kitchen had most of what we needed for our week's stay....utensils, pots and pans, etc. I'd recommend going to the grocery on the first day of your stay and buy small quantities because you're likely to end up with stuff left at the end of the week. Housekeeping came once in our week's stay and that was fine.
There are 2 pools there, although we only went to one of them. The property has lots of hills, so it's a hike up to the pool deck. Our last day there, a kid had an accident in the pool and a maintenance man came to remove "it" but didn't immediately tell any of the guests about it. Another guest had to tell my kids to get out of the pool because she'd seen what had happened. The maintenance guy left to get chemicals to shock the pool without telling anyone what he was doing or closing the pool, so the other guest ended up having to warn anyone who came to the pool while he was gone. It was ridiculous, especially since there was a kid's activity going on at the pool at the time and there were Diamond Resort employees standing next to the pool as this was all happening. It was gross, and my teenagers immediately returned to the room and showered. Good thing our unit had a washer and dryer, because I washed their bathing suits and towels as soon as we got back to the room.
Aside from the pool incident, and worrying over a high-pressure sales pitch that we avoided, we enjoyed our stay. The location was convenient, the unit was clean and comfortable, and the people we met were all nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golf Digest gives a big thumbs up on this spectacular and challenging course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ridge On Sedona Golf Hotel Sedona
- Ridge On Sedona Hotel
- Ridge On Sedona Resort
- Ridge Sedona Golf Resort
- Ridge On Sedona Golf Resort Arizona