“Average Studio Accommodation”

Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Invermere, BC
“Average Studio Accommodation”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The resort is the first place you come to in Oak Creek, so its pretty easy to find. I stayed in a studio which was average. It was roomy enough for one person, but the only windows looking outside was a small kitchen window, and the patio door which looked out on the parking lot. It was shaded and did not let in much light. The studio felt dark with such little light.
Overall the studio was clean, except for the carpet which was extremely dirty and stained. It was quite disgusting actually. The couch had a bad smell to it, so I rarely sat on it. The kitchen was efficient and well stocked and had everything I needed. The bed was average, but the sheets were very nice quality.
I attended two evening activities, which were enjoyable. I would recommend checking out the activities, as they offer a fairly good selection.
Front desk staff were friendly, prompt, and helpful. I would probably return to this resort, although I would not rent a studio again due to it lacking light and views. Sedona is a beautiful area, and well worth a visit!!!

Room Tip: Try to book a room in the newer phase, and check to see if you will have a view. The studios tend to...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank marlene-mackena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a great resort and wonderful rooms. Very clean, very well maintained, with excellent up-to-date appliances and furniture. Everything is very well placed and the staff are very pleasant. I would definitely stay here again. Free Wi-Fi too. Ask for a room on the second floor to avoid noise over your head as well as something close to a pool. They have a few of them. The only two drawbacks are: downtown sedona are about 20-25 minutes away and avoid the sales pitch. They will offer you tons to get you to go to a "90" minute presentation and after 3-5 hours you finally get to leave feeling beat up and then you're treatment goes from one of royalty to that of a vagrant.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank AMahoney1500
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked a one-bedroom unit here for my family vacation. I booked it through vrbo.com because I had read the trip advisor reviews about the time-share presentation and thought that we would be able to avoid the Diamond Resort membership speech if I booked it this way. It didn't quite happen that way, but we still were able to avoid the presentation by not picking up our "welcome packet". We're not interested in time-sharing vacations, and I'm definitely not interested in giving up any of my vacation time for a hard core sales pitch. We found out during our trip that the presentation is an hour and a half and I really didn't want to deal with that.

The unit was well appointed and the beds were incredibly comfortable. We cooked on the outdoor grill several times, and found it to be better than ours at home. The kitchen had most of what we needed for our week's stay....utensils, pots and pans, etc. I'd recommend going to the grocery on the first day of your stay and buy small quantities because you're likely to end up with stuff left at the end of the week. Housekeeping came once in our week's stay and that was fine.

There are 2 pools there, although we only went to one of them. The property has lots of hills, so it's a hike up to the pool deck. Our last day there, a kid had an accident in the pool and a maintenance man came to remove "it" but didn't immediately tell any of the guests about it. Another guest had to tell my kids to get out of the pool because she'd seen what had happened. The maintenance guy left to get chemicals to shock the pool without telling anyone what he was doing or closing the pool, so the other guest ended up having to warn anyone who came to the pool while he was gone. It was ridiculous, especially since there was a kid's activity going on at the pool at the time and there were Diamond Resort employees standing next to the pool as this was all happening. It was gross, and my teenagers immediately returned to the room and showered. Good thing our unit had a washer and dryer, because I washed their bathing suits and towels as soon as we got back to the room.

Aside from the pool incident, and worrying over a high-pressure sales pitch that we avoided, we enjoyed our stay. The location was convenient, the unit was clean and comfortable, and the people we met were all nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nancy L
Muscatine, IA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We booked this through RCI at the last minute and were truely suprised. Our 2 bedroom unit was spacious, well laid out with stunning views of the area We had a full kitchen, two balconies, everything you needed for a great stay. They will probably try to sell you a Diamaond Resort Membership but even that presentation was interesting. Concierge service was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stevenson Ranch, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Booked this condo last minute through Priceline and paid $85/nt. we had a studio for just two of us, the bed was very comfortable, the size of the room was perfect for us. It was helpful to have a large fridge and some kitchenware. The coffee maker is a joke, just go to the lobby, they had good coffee there for free. Since we were there to hike the location of the place was great...close to a lot of trailheads. The pools were nice and everything seemed clean.
The only con I had is that when we checked in I was told that none of the studio rooms have views..ok, I get that. Well, a couple of hours later, two men in the 1 bedroom next to us decided to have a very loud and physical fight and the police were called. We asked if we could be moved since they were not leaving anytime soon, they obliged..and wouldn't you know it..we got a new studio room with a beautiful view....hmm, I think someone was not being truthful to me...
Overall, I think this is a good value condo if you get it for the right price. I also trade with Interval and checked when i got home..they had this place listed for the week for $350/wk so I still think we overpaid.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

On the diamond resort scale it is in between bell rock Inn Sedona and los abrigados sedona. Nice for a couple retreat not as kid friendly and the other 2 mentioned.. the plus for couples there are hot tub scattered around the grounds all hidden very private with awsome views of the scenery.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank alejandro f
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2014

First - the room assignment. I traded in using Interval International, and was assigned a room with a view of golf driving range netting and trees virtually right up to a fence ten feet from the building - in SEDONA. (In other words, I got one of the worst views not just at that property, but in the entire town.

The 1 BR condo had some maintenance issues (small appliances), and carpeting that DESPERATELY needs cleaning. That said, it was nice having the laundry pair in the suite, an icemaker, a dishwasher, and a soaker tub (without jets, however), The pool towels were nice too.

The fitness room was amongst the best I have seen in timeshare properties - but the wifi was quite slow. (At least the resort waived the customary charges I was supposed to pay for it as an exchanger rather than a Diamond Resorts owner.)

The pools and hot tubs were less than I expected (smaller and less carefully maintained).

I'll be back to Sedona, but will probably reserve elsewhere next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family