“Absolutely Gorgeous!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Dunedin, Florida
“Absolutely Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked this resort based on location and price and I wasn't disappointed! I had never been to the American Southwest before and this was the perfect opportunity. The check-in process was fairly simple, although bear in mind, this is a timeshare resort and they will ask you to sit through a presentation.

Our one-bedroom condo was beautiful! A nice sized kitchen, dining area and living room were all nicely appointed and comfortable. The bedroom and bathroom were large, especially the tub and shower. But the best feature was our view from the porch! The view of Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte was simply stunning! If I didn't do anything else all week but look at that view, I would have been happy.

We didn't spend much time at the resort as their was so much hiking and sightseeing to do in the Sedona/Villiage of Oak Creek area but we did enjoy the pool and hot tub and had a wonderful breakfast at the restaurant located in the Club House near the entrance to the resort.

I really can't recommend this resort enough for its location, cleanliness and most of all, the amazing views. I am absolutely returning to the Sedona area and this resort is definitely on my list of places to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Bell Rock, the views are amazing!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank David34677

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Korean first
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We chose the studio which is very good for our needs. We appreciate the kitchen which is very well equipped and meant we could self cater. Safeway in sedona is wonderful and had many choices for fresh ready to go food. There is a laundry which after 3 weeks on the road wad great.
The staff and surroundings are excellent. Just a note. We did not realise this is a diamond time share resort. Be aware and prepare to say No. If it sounds to good to be true it is!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Blackwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have visited this resort 4 times the fist when they wee still Sunterra. Each visit has been a great experience (We eventually became Diamond owners on a visit to another property). On this visit I was surprised that the typical push to sit through an "Update" (pitch to buy more points) was only a pleasant low key offer (we passed this time).
I like the location because it is outside of the most built-up area of town, but close enough to be there in just a few minutes.
The grounds are well kept and our rooms clean and had updated TV, appliances, and furnishings.

The golf course the resort is next to is a separate entity. But the resort had discount coupons to pay there. Not sure if it is always available, but while we were there the best deal was a special on Sundays - big discount when adult plays round with junior (17 or under).

I highly recommend this Resort.

Room Tip: I recommend1Br rooms on the second floor of buildings 13-16 for a nice view of the Golf course and B...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Guthrie Center, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a wonderful place to relax and enjoy yourself!! The setting in Sedona and the rooms in the resort make for a wonderful combination!! Highly recommend staying here especially if you have family and want to be together!!

Room Tip: Be specific and patient!!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
Harlingen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Ridge was an excellent place to stay, the only reason I didn't rank it as excellent was because we got suckered into a time share presentation that was to be 90 minutes and it ended up being 3 hours. The place was very nice, quiet, and clean. We stayed in a studio condo, it had a small kitchen, spacious bathroom and very comfortable bed. It also had a sofa that made into a bed if needed. The only problem was that we had paid the transfer fees for this condo and then were also charged resort fees at the place for each day of our stay. Yes, it would have been more expensive if we didn't have the points to exchange, but I hate to be nickeled and dimed around every turn.

Room Tip: The studio is perfect for a couple.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Crofton, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I knew that this hotel was not in the actual town of Sedona which was fine with me. It's in Oak Creek which is about 15-20 minutes from the shops in Sedona. It is close to several of the more popular trail heads such as Bell Rock Pathway and Cathedral Rock which is very convenient.

Aside from the accessibility of the trail heads, I was disappointed our choice of hotel for the night. The room itself was big enough - the bathroom was huge! But as others have pointed out, the room is dark and ours had a view of the parking lot. When I asked at check in if we could have a room with a view, the clerk told me that all the studios had views of the parking lot. What a shame in a place like Sedona!

There is a resort fee of just over $10 which basically is for WiFi. Hard to believe that anyone charges for that anymore. If I had to do it over again, I would choose a different hotel with free WiFi, and a window that looked out on more than just my car for that price.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Overall, this was a nice place. It is in Oak Creek, as opposed to the "heart" of Sedona, but I knew that when I booked the reservation and prefer being a bit removed from the hustle and bustle of downtown Sedona (which is NOT that far away). The room I booked was a Studio. It had a very nice and well stocked (dishes, etc.) kitchen (See photo). There was a very comfortable sleeper couch (which my niece slept on) and a very nice, King size bed (See photo). There was even a very nice t.v. (with lots of good channels) and DVD player in the room (with a large selection of movies available for check out at the registration building). The room was clean and in relatively good condition. There are 2 very nice pools that have fun things for the kids and 2 hot tubs; one that is down a set of stairs with no signs pointing to it...so, it is often empty! At the bottom of each building there is also a very nice gas grill and table. So, in general, I liked this place. However, there a few minor things I would like to note in case you book based on my review:

1. If you book the Studio, be aware that there is a rather thin door(s) separating you and the adjoining, larger room. Hence, you can hear EVERYTHING that the people say and do in the next room. I literally heard them dropping ice cubes into glasses!

2. This is a "time share" facility. So, they will push quite often and hard for you to sit through a brief 90 minute presentation in exchange for something like a free Sedona Jeep tour, etc. If you have the time and want the reward, then I say "go for it." However, you can also simply say no, like I did, but be prepared to be asked EVERY time you visit the Concierge.

3. The place is geared to the "time share" clients, so be prepared for no room services except for a mid-week cleaning. Hence, you should plan on tidying up your own room, taking out your own garbage (they give you very small pales), and making a list a trip or two to the Registration area for additional coffee (they only give you one in the room), shampoo (also only 1 tiny bottle), and conditioner (also only 1 tiny bottle).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family