“Beautiful!”

Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Phoenix
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 30 September 2009

We had THE BEST view. Out the bedroom and patio window we could see Bell Rock. The only problem was the golf course and golfers being a little too close for comfort but whatever it was nice. The kitchen was cute and the decor was calming. The jacuzzi tub so relaxing and it was very quiet the whole time. The only complaint I have about this place is we didn't get to go swimming in any of their pools because there was too many loud obnoxious children in there, but that is not really the resorts fault although I do recommend to them that they make an adult pool. About the housekeeping fees: READ EVERYTHING THEY GIVE YOU! I was not charged any house keeping fees because I did what I was told to do on my check in info they give you. Simple: throw all your garbage in the garbage cans, put all your dishes in the dishwasher and turn it on (dishwasher liquid is provided) turn up the a/c to 80 degrees, and make sure all the doors and windows are locked. Basically, be courteous and don't be a pig.

When they try to get you to go to a time share presentation upon check in just say no. It's that simple. That's their job to sell timeshares, just be persistent and say no. They do respond well to a polite "No Thank You" several times.
Overall great stay and probably will stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank trmpundfoot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2009

We checked in September 6th for a week. I had booked a 1 bedroom suite and then a month later a studio unit. I was told I could call 2 weeks before check in and request they be adjoining. I called and they did give us an adjoining rooms, so we were able to share the kitchen/living room. The main suite had a gorgeous view of the golf course and mountains beyond. The rooms were very clean, not sure if they were updated, but we were very pleased with the unit. Kitchen even had a blender. Balcony was smallish but 4 of us could sit out there comfortably and have breakfast. The lady at the front desk did try to get us to book a timeshare but she wasn't really that pushy so it was no big deal. The check in process took maybe 20 minutes but it also consisted of the clerk giving us maps and detailing where various restaurants, grocery stores, and attractions were. She was VERY helpful and sweet. The grocery store (IGA) was a block or two away and it had everything we needed. Overall we were very pleased with the resort, especially since I'd read such horrible review regarding dirty units, long checkins due to them pushing timeshare requests on people, but we experienced none of that.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank Sandy L
Upstate, New York
Reviewed 11 September 2009

The grounds appear well kept but don’t let that mislead you. Big effort at the beginning of arrival to get us to sign up for excursions and the time share sales pitch. We did neither, since lodging was obtained through Priceline. We were given a studio which was quite small – tiny table, with sofa/tv/bed in very congested space, patio is a joke in a 3 x 6 concrete space crammed into edge of parking lot, with 3 ft. concrete ledge border. The studio unit was dirty - dirty bathroom door (both sides), grungy toilet seat that looked 30 years old, 4 bugs throughout the unit, food left from previous residents, huge blood stain on sofa mattress, staff could not find any linens that fit sofa. Air conditioning unit could not fully cool the unit. Safety lock on door adjoining the neighboring unit was not fully functional. The unit has thin walls, could hear neighbors every night – talking, their unit appeared to have a whirlpool tub. The unit had no windows facing the beautiful view of bluffs that surround Sedona (25 min. away). The only natural light came from parking lot via small kitchen window and patio door facing concrete ledge. The pool was nice. Some staff friendly, others rude; they seemed incompetent at responding to the common tourist inquiries. Seriously overrated, I would give it either 1 or 2 stars, definitely not 3 or 4.

4 Thank JanaUpstate_NewYork
Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 September 2009

My family and I chose Sedona, AZ as part of our family vacation for 2009. We were advised to visit the area by several family members as well as other friends and associates. We were gifted with a free week of time-share from some associates of ours. It is a long story as to how that happens but nonetheless it did happen. For that we are VERY thankful.

Anyway, we were assured before we went that because we were using the resort as pseudo owners we would not have to take the tour for future ownership. The assurance came from the folks that gifted this to us, so I can in no way blame them nor do we fault them for anything.

The confusion started when we realized that the ownership of the vacation package we were using was different than that of The Ridge at Sedona, AZ Golf Resort. Therefore we were lured into the wonderful 2.5 or almost 3 hr sales presentation. We were told that there would be NO HIGH PRESSURE sales gimmicks. I stopped counting after 25 times that we told them NO in several different ways.

After we exhausted the FIRST sales guy, we were introduced to a second. He was kind, but also tried to lure us into a smaller (weekend package) vacation plan for a "Deal of the Century". We were told that it would be a one time and final offer NEVER to be duplicated again. We still said NO a few more times.

Afterwards we were introduced to yet a 3rd member of the sales team. We had to say NO several more times, only AFTER signing a document that stated something like we "will NEVER be offered this one time deal ever again".

After this we were escorted to the lower level of the sales building and then we met more of the sales team. These folks were not nearly as pleasant. In fact, one of them tried to only give me ONE of the TWO vouchers for day trips we had previously paid for at the front desk. The total was well over $1000.00 for both. I was thankful I saw what he was doing and I reminded him that I had TWO coming and not just one. (One of these vouchers was for a helicopter ride, the other was for a first-class train ride) It is also important to note that these VOUCHERS are also your (ONLY) receipt. Had we walked out the door without the second voucher, we were told that we may have been "out of luck" if you know what I mean.....We were directed out of the building by the lower level BACK door, not the front or the way we came in.

All in all, we had a wonderful time. The remaining staff was knowledgeable (to a degree) and friendly. The facilities were pretty well kept up. Our unit was a one-bedroom unit. The bathroom needed some repairs but was clean over-all. The kitchen utensils and dishes were minimal, but we managed. The nearest and largest grocery store is about 10-12 miles away. Lots of round-a-bouts between the resort and the store too.

2 Thank KM1815
DEVON UK
Reviewed 30 August 2009

My wife and I had decided on this location before we looked at Tripadvisor. We were using it as part of our timeshare deal with Interval International and only had their brouchre picture and discription to go on. However, after checking out Tripadvisor, I had some serious concerns and put them in an e-mail to the resort. I was unhappy with their reply so I phoned them up. They reassured me that I hadn't anything to worry about.
As it turned out, I didn't. We were very firm when confronted with the sales pitch and told them that we were not interested. After the 5th or 6th time they got the message,but their atitude changed completely. It could have upset our holiday but we did'nt let it.
We had a great apartment overlooking the golf course with plenty of parking space. The rooms were clean but the firniture needed updating. It was quiet eventhough our neighbours were a family of 4. I guess we were just lucky with that. We were contacted from time to time with more "sales pitch" but I just said no! The only other problem was that nobody would have changed our towels or bedding unless we requested it.
To sum up: This is not a hotel and we were using it as part of our timeshare deal. I could not recommend this property otherwise.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LORDGIBBO
Reviewed 30 August 2009

We asked and received a renovated studio on the second floor. It was really nice and we couldn't hear neighbors. The studio has a cooktop which was an unexpected bonus. The Ridge offers a few guest activities although we didn't participate. I loved the location of Oak Creek Village. We were about 5 miles south of the central Sedona location, but it was less hectic and near the golf courses. The 10 minute drive to downtown Sedona was scenic.

Most days we toured around the area, golfed and spent time at the pool. We took a day trip to the Grand Canyon. I walked to the Outlet stores. Here are the restaurants we liked. The Sedona Ridge golf course has a fantastic breakfast we spent $25 for 2 and what delicious breakfast with a tremendous view. We love Shugrues, although a little pricey, they have less expensive menu items that are available - hamburger $13, Taco salad $15. The sunset views are wonderful. Right next store we ate at Javelina Cantina, Mexican and it was fantatic as well. My husband had his best meal at the Marketplace Cafe. The Ridge gave us a BOGO coupon. He got a Shrimp Pasta special. We also had appetizers at the Hilton next door and that was really nice, saw a great rainbow. Bring your camera everyhere.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gopatriots
Maryland
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We recently stayed at The Ridge and it is a very nice resort. We stayed in a studio unit that was very nice and tried to upgrade to a one bedroom but no luck. The resort is very clean and well maintained. The front desk staff is quick, efficient and knowledgeable. Diamond Resorts runs the resort and they are very serious about converting timeshare owners to their point system. They made it seem like attending the presentation was mandatory which I didn't like. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready so we went to the presentation to kill time; it wasn't bad but I HATE timeshare presentations.

The resort has beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. The pool and spa was very nice and clean and depending where your unit is a short walk. There are restaurants and shopping at the bottom of the hill which is very convenient. A grocery store is very close to the resort so you can stock your fridge with everything you need.
The Grand Canyon is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours away but many other local attractions are very close.

Overall this is a excellent resort; just be prepared for the timeshare presentation.

3 Thank DayDreamer89