“Just loved my stay here”
Review of A Sunset Chateau

A Sunset Chateau
Ranked #6 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I spent 5 nights at Sunset chateau with a group there for yoga and hiking and really enjoyed my stay. The grounds are attractive, the view beautiful, the rooms enormous and comfortable, the staff so friendly and the food amazing. I would highly recommend this boutique hotel to others. If you stay here, there is an incredible hike trail that begins at a path just across the street that is not to be missed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Beautiful room with every detail covered. DVD player, comfy couch, candle by the bathtub, etc. They even had extra blankets around the room and on the porch. Breakfasts were also delicious and it felt a bit more like a restaurant than the typical B&B where you sit at the same table and are forced to shmooze. Breakfast also has a beautiful 180 view of the red rocks. We'll be coming back and we shant be staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Its worth an extra few bucks to get in room 19 or 21 which have the highest vantage point and the be...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Would highly recommend A Sunset Chateau! From the first inquiry by phone until time to check out, the service was some of the best I've experienced. Janet's knowledge and suggestions of restaurants and things to do was excellent! She even booked and recommended a time slot for our Sunset Jeep Tour. Be sure to request her lists of recommendations. They will be all you need to make your trip perfect.
Each morning we were greeted at breakfast (fabulous food ) by either Janet, Phillipe or Jean Christophe. They did everything possible to make our trip special. A lovely setting for any traveler!

Diane - San Antonio

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My original plans for our vacation were upset by the government shut down, so I had to find another place to go and a place to stay. We have always loved Sedona, but go there often from San Diego and I wanted a special place and saw the pictures for this wonderful place. We hoped and kept our fingers crossed. It was AMAZING! Such a specially decorated, and landscaped "hotel". Before I left, I was calling it "home" when I referred to going back there after a day of touring. The owners have completely outdone themselves. The breakfasts they include and serve each morning were truly "gourmet" and delicious. The owners would go around and chat with different guests each morning and were very charming and warm. It was fun to learn their history and why they came to Sedona. I cannot say enough about this place, the shopping for decor for each room, the landscaping, the fireplace at the jacuzzi, absolutely everything is perfect in my book. The "girls" young ladies who served breakfast (and then I found out that they were the maids as well) were so beautiful, charming, friendly, energetic, sweetest ever. Our room was always perfect, you felt you were friends with them as they deliverered your breakfast or you ran into them cleaning your rooms or they waved at you from down the walkway. I cannot recommend this place enough. I don't want to sound fake. This was a step UP for us as far as pricing, but was worth every dollar in value, peace, beauty, charm, helpfulness, genuine caring for guests etc. I love this place and will always go back. Love, love, love it. It is worth the extra or every dollar that you will spend on a lovely peaceful and beautiful vacation. I don't agree with another review that breakfast was not up to par. It was always delicious and while I did not have special needs, I noticed other groups/people who did, and they were served with what they wanted/needed with no problems. The breakfasts that I had were absolutely delicious.

Room Tip: The "front" rooms ( I had room 8 and would probably pick 8 or 5 as my next choice) had exc...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

What a magical place , the grounds, the food, the pool all a wondeful ecperience! The ownwers have a great bussiness here. I would love to stay here again. There is a 2 mile hike right out the back door. The view from my room was perfect . The view when we ate our amazing breakfast was also just breath taking! Fun for a girls get away or it would be a very romatic place to spend with your partner! Please check this place out worth the price!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We traveled to Sedona, AZ. for a family gathering. We booked the Sunset Chateau not knowing much about where to stay.
WE ARE GLAD WE DID! It is absolutely beautiful on the grounds and in the rooms. We really didn't want to leave the B & B to go anywhere.
The only thing I would improve on is the breakfast. I was disappointed with the breakfast. The staff were wonderful and very kind. The food was not something to look forward to.

Room Tip: beautiful all over!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Goodlifesupplement
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were greeted in a very friendly and helpful manner, given lists of things to do and recommendations for places to eat. Our room was beautifully decorated. The breakfasts were great. They are happy to accommodate any special needs such as food allergies, gluten free, etc. They serve Starbucks coffee! The pool closes at dark, but the hot tub stays open 24 hours a day. After dark you may have to remove the cover and replace it, but it does not weigh anything. There is a gas fireplace next to the hot tub which makes for a very romantic setting. The bed was very comfortable, nice pillows. thick thirsty towels, very nice bath and shower products were provided. We were very happy with the accommodations and the service. I would highly recommend this lodging to anyone visiting Sedona.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple