The Sunset Chateau is an interesting concept - neither your typical BnB, nor a traditional hotel.
The three of us stayed in Sedona for 2 days in December and were hoping to find a nice establishment overlooking the Red Rocks. The Chateau did not disappoint and we were were thrilled with our stay.
Sedona is BnB heaven: there are numerous places you could stay at but only a few places have rooms/units big enough to allow you to stay with more than 2 people. The Chateau is one of these places. We stayed in one of the Premium Casita units (#18). The unit was very, very large. Excellent living area, great kitchen, and beautifully decorated bedroom. The second bed is actually a true, foldable bed. We had a great view of the coffee pot rock. The location is also ideal in my mind as it is of the main 'strip' and yet close to restaurants. You could even walk to a few restaurants. (less than a mile away).
Reservation was painless - all done online, and the owners are responsive to email requests.
Check-in was also easy and fast.
The Chateau feels more like a resort - in a way, it is a hybrid between a BnB and a hotel. However, I feel that it is not for everyone. Those looking to enjoy a more quaint stay in a smaller BnB, with only a few guests, all sitting at the same table should look elsewhere. The Chateau is a fairly big operation. The grounds (beautifully maintained by the way), are larger than any other BnB I have been to; Numerous rooms, and a large breakfast area with several smaller tables that are not conducive to interactions with other guests. If you're more of a 'private' person in the morning and want the BnB experience, then this is for you. While in some aspects it can feel closer to a hotel, the Chateau is not a full blown hotel either. Don't expect 24/7 front desk attendance or room service.
The room, the property, and the food made for a excellent stay. I would highly recommend the chateau. We could not have picked a better place for our Sedona vacation. The owner have managed to merge the BnB and hotel concepts together (they actually call it a boutique hotel (or BnB?) successfully. I would highly recommend the chateau.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sunset Chateau is a 25 room Bed & Breakfast located in the heart of West Sedona. We have a quiet, hilltop setting with unparalleled views of the red rocks. The property has lush gardens, several patios with tables/chairs, swings and hammocks, a pond/ stream/ waterfall, a heated salt water pool, outdoor Jacuzzi, and a kiva fireplace. Each suite includes organic soaps, shampoos and lotions as well as Starbucks(R) coffee. The B&B is owned and run by two artists, which give it a unique, artistic charm, with original paintings and murals throughout the property and individually decorated rooms. We additionally offer a free complimentary concierge services for setting up tours, dinner reservations, and day planning, as well as in-room massage for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your A Sunset Chateau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Sunset Chateau Hotel Sedona
- A Sunset Chateau Sedona, Arizona