“Great getaway in Sedona!”
Review of Junipine Resort

Junipine Resort
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
NORCROSS
“Great getaway in Sedona!”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My husband and I went to visit the Grand Canyon and then drove down to Sedona. This was a 50th birthday trip for him and he loves to trout fish. I picked the Junipine Resort because it had a trout stream and looked to have accommodations that had king beds, fireplaces and hottubs on some of the decks. We arrived at the Junipine and they did not have my reservation, even tho it had been booked with them and I had a receipt with a booking number. Nevertheless, they gave us #7 overlooking the trout stream with a hottub and two fireplaces, one in the bedroom! What a beautiful condo. It had two bedrooms but we only used the one on the main floor that had a king bed. The upstairs bedroom had two queen beds in it. After being in Sedona for only a short time, the rains began and the trout stream became a roaring river. Oh well, no more trout fishing! The rain messed up our Red Jeep Tour but we went to see the Montezumas castle and to the Hotel in Jerome for a drink at the bar! Our condo was absolutely beautiful, well appointed and had a sleep number bed. The price is not cheap for the Junipine but they bring you daily firewood and towels if you ask. The Junipine is in Oak Creek Canyon need Slide Rock State Park. Overall, a excellent trip even if it did rain! We used the jacuzzi in the rain and just enjoyed relaxing! We will come again!

Room Tip: Ask for a stream or creek view.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissyT
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. At check-in, I'm glad Rose was able to make you feel welcome and comfortable in spite of the reservation glitch. #7 is a beautiful creekhouse, and it sounds like it was an excellent fit for you and your husband.

Thank you for staying with us. I loved hearing about the highlights of your weekend. The trout will be here for your next visit ;)

Chris Bosselmann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We stayed at Junipine Resort in January 2013 for one night only, but wish we could have stayed longer ( we will return for a longer stay). The setting is beautiful and the unit we stayed in was gorgeous --- the furnishings were in good shape, the bed was very comfortable and the kitchen was very well appointed. The fireplace and the ample supply of firewood was very welcomed on a cold January evening. Would recommend Junipine Resort.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Farnorth50
We would love to have you back with us for a longer stay. The best deals are always on junipine.com where there are price breaks for booking 30+ and 90+ days prior to arrival. We also feature 'Breakfast on Us' over many dates in 2013.

Thanks for your kind comments,

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed at this resort for two nights in January. It was very cold outside, even some ice and snow. The unit we stayed in was very spacious, with lots of storage capacity. The cabinets were rather old and a bit run-down looking (especially for the price you pay), but serviceable. Kitchen was well stocked with various dishes and utensils. Cleanliness was average...the kitchen and baths were fine, but they obviously don't clean under the beds...we found toys, clothing labels, wrappers, etc. under them when we were checking before our departure. The thing which was most troublesome was that there was a very strong odor of woodsmoke throughout the unit, which bothered me a lot, as I am very sensitive to odors and to smoke. (I found it rather ironic that the property strictly forbids smoking, yet the unit reeked of wood smoke.) This persisted even when my husband closed the flues on both of the fireplaces. The night we arrived we had planned to have dinner at the Junipine restaurant. When we got there they had closed it early due to lack of patronage, and we had to drive back to town to find another place to eat. The complimentary breakfast was of good quality. One the first morning we had a very grumpy, surly waitress whose attitude kind of put a damper on the meal. On the second morning we had a delightful, perky, happy young waitress which made all the difference. The office personnel were helpful and cheerful, and very accommodating when we left one night early due to the wood smoke problem. I think this place would be nicer in warmer weather when the fireplace would not have been recently used and the windows could be opened. The other problem was that it is located a good 15 to 20-minute drive outside of town, so every time we wanted to go into town it involve at least 30 minutes of driving round-trip. Also, my husband and kids are runners and there was no place nearby where they could go running. Kind of a disappointment.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank upstatetraveler_10
Dear Upstatetraveler_10

Thank you for your recent review. I enjoyed speaking with you at checkout. As we discussed, it was one of the coldest stretches of weather we have experienced in this area in the past 30 years. I certainly understand how the weather had an effect on your stay with us. I’m also very sorry there was a strong odor of wood smoke in your house and we missed some items left under one of the beds. We will reinforce the importance of consistently cleaning under the beds with our housekeeping team. Normally, we do not have issues with smoke in the houses. I will have our engineering team double check the house you stayed in. I also wanted to explain that we forbid smoking at Junipine because of our forest environment and the fire danger that it presents. Of great concern to me were your comments regarding the Cafe hours and service. I want you to know that we have addressed them with our Cafe staff, and I apologize for the substandard service you received. We would love to see you try Junipine again. It that is a possibility, please feel free to reach out to me personally and I will be happy to ensure that you have a memorable experience.

Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

We passed through Sedona on a week long road trip through the Southwest. This resort is perfectly situated on the way to the Grand Canyon. We stayed in Unit 21 which was nicely appointed, well updated and cozy.

The resort staff had the room prepared for our children in advance and provided extra amenities to make our stay more pleasant.

We hiked a small trail behind Junipines which was perfect for our kids!

Highly recommended, we found the stag pleasant and willing to please at every turn.

• Stayed January 2013
In the mountains
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My mom and I stayed here for one night, we both did not want to leave! We had a room with a Jacuzzi on the balcony and it was just wonderful! The room was clean, nicely decorated, I appreciated the firewood they supplied us with, as we used both fireplaces, there is one in the living room and the master room! It also had a wrap around deck with a table & chairs. Just beautiful all around, the property is well maintained as well and there are many trees throughout the property the smell is great! Love the location on oak creek as well! We will be back hopefully for a longer stay! Oh and we ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast and were happy with the food & service.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OregonmommaL
Chandler
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This trip was planned by my Mom for my Bday/New Years. Our family has been going to Junipine for many years, although this was the first time in recent years.It was snowing which gave a magical quality to our time there. We rented 2 cabins- 34 & 35. They both had master suites downstairs and another room/bath upstairs. We did have an issue with #34 that wasn't resolved by the night shift. I spoke with Rose (the manager) upon check out and told her about this. She handled this first class- no excuses- she apologized and asked what she could do to make it right. Her response ensured our future business. This is a beautiful resort in a gorgeous setting. I highly recommend it and we will continue to vacation there.

Room Tip: We rented #34 & #35. #35 was much nicer (had been recently updated)and had a spectacular view o...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kimberley29Chandler
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Rose has been with us for nearly 10 years and I'm glad she was able to handle your issue with #34 quickly and fairly. That particular unit is having new flooring installed next week, which is the last piece of a step-by-step upgrade. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

I was here for a day for a wedding and stayed in room 45. I was amazed at the views, feeling and clean air. Room service was ordered and delivered extremely quickly and the staff very helpful. I would recommend driving up here for the first time during the day as the road is long and a bit anxiety producing at night but fine during the day. Just becareful and watch the roAd which is hard to do because the scenery is jaw dropping!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Catherine M
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Room service is one of my favorite little luxuries when I travel, and Junipine Cafe does do it right. No exorbitant charges, just good food delivered hot to your door six days a week. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed #45. I think it has one of the best views at Junipine, and the bathroom remodel really came out great. Thanks for staying with us, and future guests take note; keep your eyes on the road and not the red rocks when driving to Junipine ;)

Chris