“Best place to stay--but not perfect”
Review of Junipine Resort

Junipine Resort
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The Junipine Resort is perfect for those who visit Sedona for its natural beauty. You are a good 15 minutes from town, secluded in a canyon with the Oak Creek running through it. You are not close to restaurants, bars, movie theaters, or any other urban amenity, which is a good thing in Sedona. The Junipine is a gorgeous and very comfortable place to stay without the typical high-priced resort accoutrements of tennis courts, swimming pools, etc.... The only reason for the 4-star & not 5-star review is that their on-site restaurant/cafe is sorely lacking, and their wi-fi is spotty. I stayed in Cabin 25, and the only place we could get wi-fi was standing in the doorway, not ideal if you want/need wi-fi. Still, I'll come back because it's natural beauty and serenity that I seek when I visit Sedona.

Room Tip: If you care about having wi-fi, be sure to request a room that REALLY has it, not just theoretically...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2toughteacher
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear 2toughteacher:

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our location/grounds and that you felt like Junipine was a good value. Your comments regarding the Café have been directed to the Café owners as that is an indendently owned and operated business. Regardless, there’s no acceptable reason for sorely lacking service. The wi-fi can be spotty, as our location prevents us from featuring the service we are all used to in more densely populated areas. We have a seating area in the main lobby and we have a reliable signal there in case you have to get to an e-mail or a document. Thank you for staying with us, and I’m glad to hear that we will see you again.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Enjoyed our stay. It's about a 10-15 drive into Sedona, which was fine for us, but those who want to be closer to town, restaurants, etc. should just be aware. Staff was extremely friendly. Strongly suggest the "creekside" units - the others are "parking lot side" and not very special. We had a corner unit right on the creek and was well worth a few extra $$ for the location. Sounds like there is quite a variation in units - ours was just on the edge of being run down (3 of 4 burners on the stove didn't work, needed some touch-up, etc.), but it was fine - we're not all that picky. Just be aware these are not "luxury" units. But we liked the quiet location with nice deck on the creek, being away from the hubub of the downtown, and the very friendly service.

Room Tip: Spring for the Creekside. Otherwise you're surrounded by parking lots.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nvd_stowe_vt
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and our location. I have reached
out to you via e-mail regarding the stove troubles you experienced. We
want to get any and all maintenance issue resolved quickly and I'm sorry
you had that problem. I also wanted to mention that many of our houses
have an entrance that is in front of their respective parking space but
every house also has a back deck that features wonderful views of the
creek, the canyon, or looks out upon the forest. Thank you for taking
the time to post your review and I look forward to hearing back from you
soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Junipine Resort as quick weekend getaway. We stayed for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) in a Creek View 1 bed/1 bath cabin with a hot tub (#39). The staff in the office and at the restaurant were extremely nice, helpful, and accommodating. The grounds were beautiful and the views were absolutely spectacular. The views from the deck were amazing during the day and the perfect backdrop for relaxing. We had a tiny view of the creek when we looked over the deck, but we could hear it whenever we were outside, which was more important to us. Add in stargazing and fireplaces in the living room and bedroom and it was a truly romantic setting. The only reason that I did not give an excellent rating was the condition of the cabin itself. I did my research and requested a recently remodeled cabin when I made my reservation 3 weeks prior. While some things in the cabin seemed updated (wood floors in the living room/kitchen and tile in the bathroom) other items seemed extremely outdated (old, dark carpet and walls) and the kitchen was just old. Everything worked fine, but the edges of the cupboards were chipped and worn (with some water damage) and some of the cupboard doors weren't even hanging straight on the hinges. The refrigerator also froze about a 1/3 of our food which we had to throw away. That being said, the positives significantly outweighed the negatives and we will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: The lower number rooms appear to be closest to the creek, and do request a recently remodeled unit w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah S

Dear Sarah S:

We love #39 too because of all of the points you described above. It is one of our more frequently requested creekhouses. We’ve been upgrading many aspects of the house over the last two months, and the upgrades will continue through August. New appliances, fresh paint, master bedroom carpeting, and a kitchen remodel will all be completed by mid-September.

I’m so sorry you lost some of your food to a refrigerator that was turned up a bit too high. I’ll look forward to hearing back from you regarding a reimbursement for your trouble.

Best to you both, and we hope to see you back soon.

Junipine Resort

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Rick and I live in Phoenix and like to get away from the summer heat with short trips up to Sedona. Our recent stay at the Junipine Resort in Sedona was nothing less than spectacular. The 360 degree views were breathtaking coupled with the beautifully upgraded cabins made for a relaxing and peaceful 4 day weekend.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful and the cabins were immaculate. This hotel is far enough away from all the traffic and crowds, yet only minutes away from the downtown excitement. And, Slide Rock Park is walking distance.

There really is no better place to stay in Sedona.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yvonne M
junipine, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Yvonne & Rick:

It was a pleasure having you with us, and I appreciate your comments regarding our views and location.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I've stayed in many hotels over the years but I never met a friendlier staff than at the Junipine. I arrived after our luggage was lost on the flight, and the staff at the Junipine literally did everything they could to make our stay there more comfortable.
Three days after we arrived the airline finally found our luggage and sent it to us. However, due to a mixup (my fault!) one of our toddler car seats wasn't delivered by the messanger. The staff at the Junipine tracked down the delivery guy (by calling friends at the airport!) and arranged for one of their staff to pick up the carseat in Sedona and bring it to the Junipine for us. They literally saved the day!

The place itself is also beutiful with lovely (and roomy) cabins, a great view and a bubbling creek right behind it.

I would recommend the Junipine to all of my friends1

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Gidon s:

I was just speaking with Rose about tracking down your bags, and the story took some wild twists and turns. I'm just glad everything worked out, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of our crew, and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Chris

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Sedona accomodation has so many different option and highs and lows. Junipine is beautiful both for the great cabins and the oak creek setting.

It has great privacy with its own riverfront picnic spots. Caught a few small brown trout in the creek so no complaints

The kitchen is well equipped, everything is spacious and beautifully decorated.

I gladly recommend Junipine and will be back myself.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 22 May 2013

If you want a retreat in the woods by a rapidly flowing stream, Junipine Resort is the place for you. The units are 1-3 bedroom (including loft) with 1 or 2 bathrooms a kitchen and a nice deck. The units have owners and they differ in the degree to which they have been kept up, but none are truly shabby. The location is, indeed, idyllic. The best located units are those closest to Oak Creek; it's a pleasure to fall asleep to the sound of rushing water. The food at the cafe is undistinguished. We either cook in the unit or go into Sedona to one of the excellent restuarants in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple