“Junipine Resort, Sedona, AZ”
Review of Junipine Resort

Junipine Resort
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 2 September 2014

What a lovely place to stay. For the price of a nice hotel room, you can stay in a one or two bedroom townhouse along the Oak Creek in Oak Creek Canyon north of Sedona. There are towering cliffs all around, dense pine forest, trails, and the babbling creek. Clear cool mountain air; something to really appreciate if you live in Phoenix in the summertime! The villas are individually owned so the quality of each varies. I've stayed in two different ones and both were very nice. There's a large master suite downstairs, and if you have more people, they will unlock the bedroom and bath upstairs. There's also a sofa bed in the living room (at least there was one in the two villas we stayed in), a full kitchen, eating area and living room combo. Also fireplaces in the master bedroom and in the living room. Both bathrooms are quite roomy. The master bath has a sink and dressing area besides the actual bathroom with sink, toilet and tub/shower combo. It's peaceful there and an easy drive to Sedona, and a magnificent drive to Flagstaff! Some villas have a jacuzzi on the patio.
With the beautiful mountains and forest, the phone reception and wifi is pretty spotty.
Our room included a full breakfast which was quite good.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mrsgee712

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

The location is incredible! The resort is surrounded by such beauty and is so peaceful and serene! A great place to rest and unwind. The rooms are large and we'll equipped. Plus it's away from the crowds in Sedona but yet just a 15 minute drive or less into town. If you go North from the resort towards Flagstaff the drive is much different than Sedona. You climb several thousand feet in altitude to an amazing mountain scene! The front desk personnel were very helpful and accommodating. The big drawback that kept me from giving it four stars, no A.C. It didn't list air conditioning in the room description but it didn't point out the lack of it either. If I had realized it I wouldn't have booked the room. I'm not blaming management but the website I used should include important information such as this to avoid these types of situations. I would return in the winter but definitely not during the warmer months.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank thunderfan7777
Chris B, General Manager at Junipine Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Junipine from your recent visit. We really appreciate all the compliments. I’m sorry that you did not have advance information on our climate control. Were you by chance on our website, Junipine.com? We like to be transparent and our website does state that we do not feature air conditioning under the accommodations section and we offer suggestions that our front desk agents share with guests on how to keep any creekhouse cool even on the warmest days in mid-summer. If it was a third party site, sometimes these websites do not have all the content that we do. If perhaps you were on a third party site. I would be grateful to know which site you were on so that I can have that information updated or corrected. You can also always get the best rates and seasonal specials only on our website. When you are ready to return in the winter months, please check in with us directly via our website or by calling us at 800-742-7463 to answer any and all questions you may have regarding your future stay. We look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Cute place with decent sized rooms located steps away from oak creek canyon. Some villas are better than others. Forest view is best since oak creek is covered in trees. Better to walk For 2-3 min to enjoy creek. Breakfast is not great.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I’m sorry that breakfast was not great for you. We have been including a complimentary breakfast with all stays and will continue to do so through 8/28/14. I’ll bring your comments to our Chef and restaurant staff so they are addressed properly.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We went to celebrate my husbands belated 30th birthday August 1st-3rd. Had an amazing time! Junipine creek homes are all individually owned and decorated. We stayed in creek house #30. Very nice home with a forest view and jacuzzi on the patio. Wifi is a little spotty and the trails by the creek are very difficult to navigate. Overgrown brush but very pretty! Home was very spacious, comfortable, and everything you needed was provided in the home. We will be returning!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank FMW1984
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I stayed 5 nights at the resort and were very pleased with it. Very quiet and peaceful. The accommodations were great and the cafe on site was excellent. I loved eating on the patio of the cafe for breakfast. Highly recommend Junipine Resort to you.

4  Thank Janice R
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I came to get away from the heat of Phoenix and take my grandaughters for a couple days of relaxing before school starts. I LOVE this place, it is so relaxing and the staff are all helpful and friendly. I have to say initially they said no air conditioning and I did sort of panic but due to being down in the canyon the apartment stays quite cool. The furnishings were all very nice and comfortable. All you need to do is bring your food and suit case. The full kitchen is great and a definate savings from eating out all the time when vacationing, although breakfast is included with the nights stay. I will be back for sure.

Room Tip: There are creek view apartments and forest views, we had a cheaper forest view and was totally impre...
1  Thank Lorie M
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had a lovely stay. Units are set in the woods and it is very peaceful setting. Staff is fantastic and can not do enough to help. Food in the restaurant was good but menu was limited. Service was fast and ford reasonable
We stayed in unit 29 which was nicely decorated and spacious. The couches were the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on and need to be replaced. When I sat down I sank almost to the floor then tipped to the side. Do no rent this unit unto they replace the couches
Located about 8 miles north of the town of Scottsdale. All the walking trails in the area are currently closed because of the fire in May and the creek is off limits because of the pollution from the fire

Room Tip: Avoid unit 29 until they replace the couches. Can not sit on them they are so bad
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate your comments, and we will address your comments regarding the sofa/loveseat in #29. We do have a great staff, and I will share your comments with them. All of the restrictions in Oak Creek Canyon should be lifted by Labor Day Weekend. Thank you for staying with us and dining at The Table at Junipine.