“Beautiful views, good location, adequate rooms.”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Illinois
“Beautiful views, good location, adequate rooms.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

The views from the terraces (on both sides) are beautiful. The shared areas were not a problem or issue. We thought the location was very good and more convenient than most others. The rooms are adequate, but older with small bathrooms. The bedding needs to be upgraded to at least something comparable to the typical HI Express or Hampton Inn. I'm not sure if I would pay for a terrance room with fireplace again. With a terrace room we were on the top level with an entry door from the parking lot and a door at the other end of the room opening to the shared terrace. It appeared that the rooms on the two lower levels had one door that opened from the terrace, with comparable views. It was too cold to use the pool and the hot tub was not really hot, so we did not venture in. Breakfast was a standard assortment of toasts, pastries, cereal, juice, a daily yogurt choice and waffles. The Concierge and desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 27 March 2011
Thank you so much for your input on areas that we can improve upon. It helps us to know what the guest sees and what is important to them. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

My Best,
Saara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

Great location and service - Had designated rooms for visitors with pets... Rooms were good and service was excellent.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 24 March 2011
Thank you for being our guest and thank you for the nice review.

Saara
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

I probably would not normally consider a "Bestwestern" for my stay, but having read other reviews and seeing the pictures of this property convinced me other wise, and I'm glad I did. This hotel is a truly unique property, with many wonderful features.
First the design of the place is totally special, a "scalloped"style bulit into the hillside and the natural topography of the region, make for optimal unobstructive views of the red rock's and canyons. The accomodations where very nice, well kept, and extremely clean.
The staff is extraoridinary! From the front desk, to the concierge,to the shuttle driver. I needed a ride in the afternoon, and the shuttle was unavaialble, so Saara, the front office manager offered to drive me personally.....WOW, such dedication!
Inn of sedona, is an excellant choice, just far enough away from the touristy main street, yet a stone's throw from it all....
Highly recomend it!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This was so wonderful of you to write in about us!!! It was a pleasure meeting you and wonderful to take you in my car instead of the shuttle. I can't tell you how pleased I am that you had such a nice time. I hope to see you again. If you are coming back, please call me directly. Sincerely, Saara
Shawnee, OK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

My family and I found ourselves stranded in Sedona on our way home of Phenoix due to weather around 5am. I was waited on by a very well kept professional looking women. The problem was she had no compatation what so ever. I asked if there was a room available. The next words that came from her mouth left me speechless for a few seconds. She said "Right now? Check out time is 11am." She seemed very put out for even having to speek to us. After about 10 min of digging our car out of the snow covered parking lot we left. I will absoutly will never go back to a hotel and the experience turned me off from ever wanting to visit Sedona on vacation.

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank rjgray
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. As you can see by our other reviews, we take great pride in our service and our property. I will certainly make sure my staff understands about perception. We spent a lot of time during the snow helping guests with reservations and directions. I do not know what happened but please accept my sincere apology.
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

We arrived at 7pm at night and had not booked the hotel. I had read great reviews, and was suggested to stay there by the local ATV store where we had booked a tour for the next day. It was exceptionally clean in the lobby and the attention at the front desk was great. We were given a great "last minute" rate and the room quality was far above what we paid. Two queen beds, four pillow each, seperate dressing room and then shower/toilet area. All very clean and no funky hotel smell. Breakfast was included and totally worth it. My daughter made her own waffles with banana and whipped cream. All kinds of selections. Checked out at 7am and over to the ATV store in less than two minutes.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that our property and staff exceeded your expectations and that you and your family got to enjoy Sedona by ATV. There are so many great ways to see our area. Please come stay with us again! My Best, Saara
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

My girlfriend and I came to Sedona the week of the BCS National Championship game (War Eagle!!) and could not have been happier with our stay here. There really is not a lot of "in town" in Sedona so I thought the location was great and the views are simply breathtaking. We drove in late at night and did not have a chance to see the Red Rock Mountains that evening. I woke up at sunrise the next morning and stepped out on the balcony and was simply blown away.

As you can see by all of the responses by the hotel on tripadvisor, the hotel takes its guest's happiness and comfort seriously and in that regard I do not think you could pick a better place for your stay. On that note, I would like to personally thank Emily for upgrading us to a room with a great view and a fireplace! It was wonderful and because of that little gesture we plan on staying here again when we return hopefully in the fall. You helped make our first trip to Sedona wonderful Emily!

Our room was nice and as stated above had a fireplace which made it a little more cozy. The continental breakfast was exactly what one would expect but that was great for us as we could not wait to get our days started and get out hiking through the mountains.

All in All a great, memorable trip to Sedona and it all started with our stay at the Best Western.

Thanks again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We really appreciate all the comments and information that you wrote about. I will certainly pass along your thank you to Emily. I try to empower each staff member to go above and beyond when possible to make each guests stay a wonderful and memorable one. Thank you again, Saara
Vancouver Island, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2011

With a fairly empty hotel, it was disappointing to be relegated to the back of the building with a view of the parking lot. I understand these are management pet policies however as our schnauzer is a seasoned well behaved traveler, we would have been more then happy to pay a refundable pet deposit to secure a room with a view to enjoy the brilliance of Sedona. Upon registration, the desk staff were less then friendly and I felt it was an inconvenience to ask them questions. Really were looking forward to Sedona and this experience soured it somehow.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelwithval
My apologies for how you felt you were treated when you checked in. I don't want guests to ever perceive us as being apathetic. And I am even more sorry that I wasn't at the desk to meet you and your wonderful schnauzer. I am a pet owner too and I know that there are some pets out there that are fantastic travelers and wonderful hotel guests. Please do not let that sway you from coming back again. I will personally upgrade you to a top floor, puppy dog included next time you come to Sedona. Please give me an opportunity to make it up to the three of you. Sincerely, Saara Ronan, Front Office Manager