“Unbelieveable views - nice rooms”

Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 June 2011

It's hard to believe this is a Best Western. This is a classy place. The views are really awesome with nice patios off every room. Our room was on the small side and it was one the second floor so we had steps either up or down. If I had known, we would have ask for a third floor room and parked up - that way you have only a couple step and are high enough for a fabulous view. First floor rooms have no steps but wouldn't have an unobstructed view. Price includes breakfast, which is pretty good - didn't find any meat if that's important to you! People who worked there were super friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor room! You can park above it!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BarbaraHB
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Dear BarbaraHB,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

I will make note of your suggestions regarding our breakfast service.

Typically our 3rd floor rooms are given to those guests who book months in advance, and also those guests who reserve directly through the hotel over those who reserve through 3rd party channels. Next time you are looking to stay with us, please make your reservation early! (also booking a King room with a Fireplace guarantees 3rd floor placement)

We hope to see you again soon!

Saara Ronin

Write a ReviewReviews (3,217)

Reviewed 30 May 2011

we were pleasantly surprised when we entered the hotel. The staff, Saara and Joan were extremely helpful accommodating us and our dog Mollie. We were told about pet friendly restaurants and the dog park. We also used the free shuttle to go downtown and that was terrific with the busy holiday weekend. Our room with a great view of the red rocks was fantastic. We will definitely be back and tell others about it. We just spent a month driving cross country staying at Best Westerns and The Inn at Sedona was by far the best of all. What a wonderful experience to end our trip. Saara, sorry we weren't able to say goodbye this morning but home was calling and wanted to get ahead of the holiday traffic. Thanks so much for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear bebunch,

It was a pleasure having you and Mollie stay with us!

I'm sorry I missed you on your way out, but I'm glad your stay was so enjoyable. Come back soon and make sure you bring Mollie! We loved her!!

See you soon,

Saara

Reviewed 26 May 2011

This Inn exemplifies what a resort should be like. Set right in the middle of Sedona among many fine dining establishments, shops and galleries. Sit on your own patio and experience the view's that Sedona is know for. As for comfort, cleanliness and service, Outstanding.
Our only regret was the short length of our stay.

Dear richc22,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Next time you're headed to Sedona, be sure to look at our packages that include Pink Jeep Tours, rides on the Verde Canyon Railroad - or speak to our concierge about booking a hot air balloon ride, or a tour to the Grand Canyon!

See you soon,

Saara

Reviewed 22 May 2011

As always before, the rooms are nice and clean. Checking in was easy and off we were to the beautiful sitting terrace right outside our rooms. We enjoyed a bottle of wines and the views of the surrounding rocks. Since this hotel sits on a small hill the views are spectacular. In the evening we just walked a few steps across the parking lot to our favorite restaurant - Judy's.

The breakfast is still one of the best of all Best Western hotels. After breakfast I asked the young woman behind the waffle counter if she could help me get ice for my chest and she asked my to bring the cooler in through the kitchen back door. I got as much ice as I wanted.

Bottom line: This hotel continues to maintain its high level of service over the years. I've seen many other places decline from once flying high. Not here. This is still the place to stay when in Sedona. It is safe to say the we'll be back for a 7th time.

Dear AchimW,

I'm really pleased that you continue to enjoy our property! Thank you for choosing us again and again, we really do look forward to exceeding your expectations every time!

Next time you visit, don't forget to ask our concierge about booking a Jeep tour, hot air balloon ride, or a ride on the Verde Canyon Railway!

P.S. - don't forget to tell your friends about us :)

Saara Ronin

Reviewed 9 May 2011

I would highly recommend staying here. We had a basic king bed room on the 2nd terrace level on the hotel lobby side. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was so nice to sit out on the terrace and enjoy the view. The hotel was far enough from downtown that it was quiet and not "squeezed" into an area behind the shops downtown like some other hotels. The staff were very helpful and friendly and there was a free "on demand" shuttle service to take you downtown shopping or to restaurants. With so many hotels/resorts to choose from, I am so glad we stayed here, especially after we toured around some of the other hotel choices we had and we felt we got a great hotel at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Thank you! The owners of the hotel and our staff try to offer clean, comfortable rooms, friendly and welcoming staff along with reasonable prices. In this economy, we want everyone to feel like family. Sincerely, Saara

Reviewed 27 April 2011

I went to Sedona to rest and relax, escape the teenage kids that keep me up at night and the neighbors dogs that wake me up in the morning. All I wanted was to sleep in. What I ended up with was a room next to the lobby and every person in and out of the lobby or in and out of the bathrooms located in the lobby was clearly heard from this room. People talking, doors opening and closing loudly! I heard it through out the night a few times, assume it was staff. But by 7 am, it was non stop with people coming and going, getting coffee, in and out of the bathrooms. I asked the next morning if I could be switched to another room and explained my reason for taking the trip from Phoenix to Sedona and I was talked out of moving. I was told the only other room available was on the first floor with no view. Coincidentally on my way to the front desk as I walked past the bathrooms in the lobby a staff member was walking into the bathroom and let go of the self closing door like every other person does and it shut very loudly. I cannot be the first person to have complained about this room so you would think that staff would be sensitive to it. I stayed in the room and woke to the same thing the next morning but even earlier. The rooms were decent and clean enough but all I wanted to do was sleep in and that was not possible. The rate for that particular room was definately not worth it. When I checked out the person assisting me did not ask how my stay was, just handed me my bill. Do not stay in Room 301 if you want rest and relaxation.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2011

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have worked here for a time now and I can honestly say that no other guest has brought this issue to our attention. We did not realize that this was a problem with the noise coming from the lobby. I will certainly speak to the General Manager and Chief Engineer to see what we can do to solve this issue. The weekend that you were here was a sold out weekend. I wish there had been a better room to move you to but it seems that there wasn't. The only room that was available was a room with parking right out in front of the doors and I would think that car doors would also be noisy. I will certainly speak to my staff on ways to be more proactive and compassionate with each guests needs and requests. I did note that you are a Rewards Member. You have already received 4000 points for your stay in April. Due to our not meeting your expectations, I have posted an additional 8000 points to your Rewards account. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay but hope you will give us another opportunity.

Saara Ronan
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 April 2011

Had reservation at another hotel. Was not as advertised, no views except a peek of red rocks and 2 traffic lights. Found this GEM, and the views from the terraces were so beautiful. Room was great, had a fireplace and new bathroom (307) . Breakfast was also very good. Could stay all day and look at red rocks !!!! Cynthia, front desk and Joan, concierge was very good. Best Western Plus is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the side that has the SUNRISE
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words! We have a fantastic staff here at the Inn of Sedona and they all love their job. It shows in their work. Please come stay with us next time you are in town. Sincerely, Saara