When you read the descriptions on-line you are lead to believe your stay will be filled with amazing views, great food, and amenities. The reality is the only rooms with any worth while view are at the top of the hotel. The location is near a strip mall like area and you need a car or shuttle to get to anything worth while to shop or walk downtown. The room was an average mid to low range hotel room and was clean and updated. All these things would be acceptable if just staying for a night on your way elsewhere.
What made the decision for my wife and I was the lack of service. We booked our stay on-line and took advantage of a Pink Jeep Tour package, the Grand Canyon Deluxe. After getting an email confirmation we were contacted by Joan, one of the concierges, to see if we had questions etc. I emailed back and forth with my questions, one specifically about our rate. I didn't really get anywhere until Amanda, another concierge got back to me. She actually paid attention to what I was asking and made adjustments and said nothing changed except our room and rate via email. Worked out saving us a little and having a King bed instead of two doubles.
Upon check in we had a question about massages in the area. Joan helped get us some info but was more interested in being heard than understanding what we needed.
The next morning we were to be picked up at 7 am for our all day Canyon tour. So naturally we got up around six and got ready and headed to breakfast. We made it to the breakfast area at 6:25am. My wife and I along with five other couples could see the food was out and ready, however just got a dirty look as if "can't you read" when we checked to see if the doors were unlocked yet at 6:29am a minute prior to the opening time. Breakfast was nothing like descriptions on the web. Purely basic, frozen bagged food. Fast food would have been better. On top of having to rush eating since we only had less than a half hour to eat before our trip the coffee ran out. Only twenty people or so had come in to eat so not sure how that happens.
I travel for business and stay in hotels two to three nights per week. This was a combo of business and pleasure for my wife and I. From the lack of listening, poor breakfast, and forgot to mention our Canyon tour reservation was screwed up we feel ripped off. A partial refund would be appropriate over a response with explanations of why our stay was lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With amazing views of Sedona's red rocks from Promenade Terraces; upgraded amenities including a full hot breakfast; and caring service from a great team of friendly people, this Sedona hotel will become your home away from home whenever you visit the red rocks. We love Sedona, and we want you to love it too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn Of Sedona Hotel Sedona
- Best Western Hotel Sedona
- Best Western Sedona
- Sedona Best Western
- Best Western Plus Inn Of Sedona Arizona