“First and last time at Best Western”

Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

When you read the descriptions on-line you are lead to believe your stay will be filled with amazing views, great food, and amenities. The reality is the only rooms with any worth while view are at the top of the hotel. The location is near a strip mall like area and you need a car or shuttle to get to anything worth while to shop or walk downtown. The room was an average mid to low range hotel room and was clean and updated. All these things would be acceptable if just staying for a night on your way elsewhere.

What made the decision for my wife and I was the lack of service. We booked our stay on-line and took advantage of a Pink Jeep Tour package, the Grand Canyon Deluxe. After getting an email confirmation we were contacted by Joan, one of the concierges, to see if we had questions etc. I emailed back and forth with my questions, one specifically about our rate. I didn't really get anywhere until Amanda, another concierge got back to me. She actually paid attention to what I was asking and made adjustments and said nothing changed except our room and rate via email. Worked out saving us a little and having a King bed instead of two doubles.

Upon check in we had a question about massages in the area. Joan helped get us some info but was more interested in being heard than understanding what we needed.

The next morning we were to be picked up at 7 am for our all day Canyon tour. So naturally we got up around six and got ready and headed to breakfast. We made it to the breakfast area at 6:25am. My wife and I along with five other couples could see the food was out and ready, however just got a dirty look as if "can't you read" when we checked to see if the doors were unlocked yet at 6:29am a minute prior to the opening time. Breakfast was nothing like descriptions on the web. Purely basic, frozen bagged food. Fast food would have been better. On top of having to rush eating since we only had less than a half hour to eat before our trip the coffee ran out. Only twenty people or so had come in to eat so not sure how that happens.

I travel for business and stay in hotels two to three nights per week. This was a combo of business and pleasure for my wife and I. From the lack of listening, poor breakfast, and forgot to mention our Canyon tour reservation was screwed up we feel ripped off. A partial refund would be appropriate over a response with explanations of why our stay was lacking.

• Stayed: September 2012
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

I apologize that your stay was not as wonderful as you had expected it to be. Our staff strives to give the very best customer service possible so I am shocked that you feel that is not what you received. I am sorry that you did not have a great experience during your stay. I would like to talk to you personally if you could please give me a call at 928-282-3072 extension 143 at your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,192)

Reviewed 25 September 2012

The room felt like an apartment with our large balcony which had a view of the red rocks. The room had fridge which was very convenient for keeping our water bottles cold. The breakfast was remarkable- (better than the restaurant at the PHX airport Best western), I loved the machine that made me a pancake!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

I am so happy to hear about the fantastic time you had with us! I am even more pleased to hear that you loved our pancake machine! I will definitely let our Breakfast Manager know how much you enjoyed them. Thank you so much for being our guest. I hope that you will come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel, well located, great views. But as a business owner, I was very impressed with staff. Initially we got a bad room (due to Expedia booking) and an insensitive employee. Another employee became concerned and the rest of the staff took over. They gave us a view room, called me to make sure I was satisfied and were apologic for former emoyee. "Meredith" sent a bottle of wine to the room and continued to make sure we happy. It was an excellent recovery of what could have been a disaster. (Do not book with expedia. Book directly with hotel to get view rooms)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank AtlantaNPowell
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Thank you so much for the awesome review! I am so happy that Meredith was able to go above and beyond to make your stay amazing. Our goal is to leave every customer satisfied and seems as though we were able to accomplish that in your case. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Nice views of mountains at Sunrise and Sunset. Breakfast was good. Rooms are spacious. Veranda was good for relaxing and just looking at mountains. No restaurant on the property but many choices on Rt 89A. Close to Airport. Drive up to airport for better views of the town and mountains. Our room Air condititioning was noisy amd may need upgrading. Overall good experience.

2  Thank Surati
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

What an awesome review! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how wonderful your trip turned out. I am so pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank so much for pointing out the amenities you were able to utilize. I will pass the message on about the A/C Unit to our Chief Engineer. I surely hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

There are not enough words to describe the experience at the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona. The views of the red rocks were spectacular, from sunrise to sunset and each minute in between, Each level has it's own vantage points and when we realized the side we were located on had the most "photo" ops we were delighted with our location. We were also able to move one level higher during our stay, which just made my photo taking a lot easier.

The concierge, Joan Bickis, is incredible at what she does. Contacting her in advance, explaining what we wanted to see and experience, saved some time once we arrived. She was able to fit in all the events we wanted, leaving time for exploring on our own. She arranged for guides that felt "hand-picked" for our visit.

Shuttle service is excellent to get into town, however, most of our trips had hotel pick up included. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and a "special" thanks to Michael for helping with the room change.

Rooms are nice size, beds comfortable, clean and well kept.

Breakfast was delicious with variety and ample supply for all tastes.

Pool and hot tub were clean and in good working order - at first glance the water appeared "cloudy" but that was totally due to location where I was standing - the inside pool stones are brown in color - water is crystal clear!

Location, location, location!!!!! This place is awesome with staff who truly care about their customers. When I return to Sedona, I plan to stay at this facility.

Room Tip: East side rooms have more views - 2nd and 3ed levels being the best.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank cyncyr2205
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

What a wonderful review!!!! Thank you so much for all the positive feedback. It seems as though you thoroughly enjoyed every bit of your vacation with us. We aim to leave each guest so pleased with our hotel and customer service that they will come back. Clearly that is exactly what we did with you. Thank you again for letting us know what a great job we are doing and what a wonderful hotel the Inn of Sedona really is. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed here for my Son's wedding and have to say that it is a wonderful place to stay. Prices are very reasonable for this level of hotel. Stayed 3 nights in August 2012 and had a two queen room overlooking the Red Rocks of Sedona. Free full hot breakfast each morning & fitness center. Will definitely stay here again for my next weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the Red Rocks
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Congratulations on your son's wedding! It truly was an honor to spend the special occasion with you and your family. Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We really appreciate your opinion. It definitely our pleasure having you as our guest. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We enjoyed 2 nights at The Best Western Plus in Sedona. It is in the west part of Sedona and so is about 1.5 miles to the heart of town. We walked there in the morning before it got too hot. After that we took advantage of the shuttle to get back and forth to town.
We had a terrace room so had a fantastic view of the Red Rocks. It was beautiful.
We did walk to dinner the first night and were a little disappointed that there was no sidewalk down from the hotel to the street. I would also be a little concerned for anyone with mobility problems staying at this hotel. We were on the 3rd floor which is right next to the lobby and near the hot tub, pool and breakfast room.
If you were on another level you would have to walk up the stairs for breakfast or a swim. There is no elevator or even a ramp. Same sort of deal if you are walking to a restaurant. No nice easy way down to the street in the dark.
Breakfast was fine, typical Best Western fare. Staff was quite friendly and again the views and the shuttle made this a good place for us to say. We enjoyed our time there.

1  Thank Spriglet

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It looks as if you really enjoyed yourselves! I'm sorry you weren't shown the 'non-stair' routes to your room. Every room here can be accessed without having to use stairs, though some are, of course, closer than others.

I appreciate your comments as they bring up an excellent point. I would urge any guests with mobility issues to make them known at the time the reservation is made so we can do our best to accommodate their needs.

Again, thank you for your review and I certainly hope to see you here with us again!

Saara Ronan