“Nice location, close but not too close to Sedona Shopping”

Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbia, Maryland
“Nice location, close but not too close to Sedona Shopping”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Have never been to Sedona before so enjoyed the unique Red Rock formations throughout the area. Our room was located on second level, each level has their own particular view of area so I now know to try and request an upper level room next time. Yes, we would be happy to come back again. Our bathroom tub did have a leak of water after taking a shower that left a puddle but since we were very tired and did not want to get relocated we just grinned and bared it. I did report the problem to front desk staff and they reported it immediately to their maintenance crew. Breakfast was a bit more elaborate than the typical "continental" breakfast which was a nice bonus and service staff was very nice and helpful. Since there is a shared patio outside of room we did have to ask a young couple to be less noisy with their dice and card game and they graciously complied. All in all a nice comfortable stay, we never had the time to use the pool and spa but they did look inviting.

1 Thank KaimukiGirl24
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
I am so glad that you had such a nice time during your stay. It is always refreshing to have a guest that is a first timer to Sedona. It was an honor welcoming you to Sedona and being able to make your visit very memorable. I am excited to see you again and I hope it will be very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay in Sedona with family (total of 3 rooms). Everyone had nothing but positive experiences with the hotel. The rooms are large enough even with two beds to not feel crowded. The beds were comfortable and each of the rooms has a mini-fridge and coffee maker. Our favorite thing about this hotel is the large patios with tables and chairs outside all of the rooms. They provide a great place to relax and watch the colorful sunsets. Breakfast is as good as the other reviews have mentioned. They offer a variety of hot and cold breakfast items which allows you to have something different every day if you are staying a few nights. There are a few places within a short walk of the hotel, but it is best to drive most of the places. The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle around town which works out nice if you have only one car and everyone doesn't want to do everything together. There is a small fitness center which has one bike, one treadmill, one eliptical and a small universal machine. It is okay for a quick workout, but it is tough to get a complete workout. The pool and spa area is somewhat small, but I never saw it crowded. Every time I contacted any of the staff, they were very friendly, helpful and nice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vacationgirl_0707
It is always such a pleasure to hear about the wonderful time our guests have with us. I think you were able to fully enjoy not only the hotel and the amenities we offer but Sedona as a whole. I really appreciate all the positive feedback you have given and I especially like the compliments. We strive to make each guest's stay memorable and I think we did just that in your case. Please come back and see us again soon!
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

When you read the descriptions on-line you are lead to believe your stay will be filled with amazing views, great food, and amenities. The reality is the only rooms with any worth while view are at the top of the hotel. The location is near a strip mall like area and you need a car or shuttle to get to anything worth while to shop or walk downtown. The room was an average mid to low range hotel room and was clean and updated. All these things would be acceptable if just staying for a night on your way elsewhere.

What made the decision for my wife and I was the lack of service. We booked our stay on-line and took advantage of a Pink Jeep Tour package, the Grand Canyon Deluxe. After getting an email confirmation we were contacted by Joan, one of the concierges, to see if we had questions etc. I emailed back and forth with my questions, one specifically about our rate. I didn't really get anywhere until Amanda, another concierge got back to me. She actually paid attention to what I was asking and made adjustments and said nothing changed except our room and rate via email. Worked out saving us a little and having a King bed instead of two doubles.

Upon check in we had a question about massages in the area. Joan helped get us some info but was more interested in being heard than understanding what we needed.

The next morning we were to be picked up at 7 am for our all day Canyon tour. So naturally we got up around six and got ready and headed to breakfast. We made it to the breakfast area at 6:25am. My wife and I along with five other couples could see the food was out and ready, however just got a dirty look as if "can't you read" when we checked to see if the doors were unlocked yet at 6:29am a minute prior to the opening time. Breakfast was nothing like descriptions on the web. Purely basic, frozen bagged food. Fast food would have been better. On top of having to rush eating since we only had less than a half hour to eat before our trip the coffee ran out. Only twenty people or so had come in to eat so not sure how that happens.

I travel for business and stay in hotels two to three nights per week. This was a combo of business and pleasure for my wife and I. From the lack of listening, poor breakfast, and forgot to mention our Canyon tour reservation was screwed up we feel ripped off. A partial refund would be appropriate over a response with explanations of why our stay was lacking.

• Stayed September 2012
I apologize that your stay was not as wonderful as you had expected it to be. Our staff strives to give the very best customer service possible so I am shocked that you feel that is not what you received. I am sorry that you did not have a great experience during your stay. I would like to talk to you personally if you could please give me a call at 928-282-3072 extension 143 at your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The room felt like an apartment with our large balcony which had a view of the red rocks. The room had fridge which was very convenient for keeping our water bottles cold. The breakfast was remarkable- (better than the restaurant at the PHX airport Best western), I loved the machine that made me a pancake!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
I am so happy to hear about the fantastic time you had with us! I am even more pleased to hear that you loved our pancake machine! I will definitely let our Breakfast Manager know how much you enjoyed them. Thank you so much for being our guest. I hope that you will come back and see us again soon!
Atlanta
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel, well located, great views. But as a business owner, I was very impressed with staff. Initially we got a bad room (due to Expedia booking) and an insensitive employee. Another employee became concerned and the rest of the staff took over. They gave us a view room, called me to make sure I was satisfied and were apologic for former emoyee. "Meredith" sent a bottle of wine to the room and continued to make sure we happy. It was an excellent recovery of what could have been a disaster. (Do not book with expedia. Book directly with hotel to get view rooms)

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank AtlantaNPowell
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome review! I am so happy that Meredith was able to go above and beyond to make your stay amazing. Our goal is to leave every customer satisfied and seems as though we were able to accomplish that in your case. I hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Nice views of mountains at Sunrise and Sunset. Breakfast was good. Rooms are spacious. Veranda was good for relaxing and just looking at mountains. No restaurant on the property but many choices on Rt 89A. Close to Airport. Drive up to airport for better views of the town and mountains. Our room Air condititioning was noisy amd may need upgrading. Overall good experience.

2 Thank Surati
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
What an awesome review! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how wonderful your trip turned out. I am so pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank so much for pointing out the amenities you were able to utilize. I will pass the message on about the A/C Unit to our Chief Engineer. I surely hope to see you again soon!
amherst,MA
Reviewed 17 September 2012

There are not enough words to describe the experience at the Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona. The views of the red rocks were spectacular, from sunrise to sunset and each minute in between, Each level has it's own vantage points and when we realized the side we were located on had the most "photo" ops we were delighted with our location. We were also able to move one level higher during our stay, which just made my photo taking a lot easier.

The concierge, Joan Bickis, is incredible at what she does. Contacting her in advance, explaining what we wanted to see and experience, saved some time once we arrived. She was able to fit in all the events we wanted, leaving time for exploring on our own. She arranged for guides that felt "hand-picked" for our visit.

Shuttle service is excellent to get into town, however, most of our trips had hotel pick up included. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and a "special" thanks to Michael for helping with the room change.

Rooms are nice size, beds comfortable, clean and well kept.

Breakfast was delicious with variety and ample supply for all tastes.

Pool and hot tub were clean and in good working order - at first glance the water appeared "cloudy" but that was totally due to location where I was standing - the inside pool stones are brown in color - water is crystal clear!

Location, location, location!!!!! This place is awesome with staff who truly care about their customers. When I return to Sedona, I plan to stay at this facility.

Room Tip: East side rooms have more views - 2nd and 3ed levels being the best.