“Good view, small room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kannapolis NC
“Good view, small room”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The view from the terrace is very nice, but you have to be on the terrace or standing at the door to see it. Seems like the layout of the room would be better if reversed, so that you can look out the window and see the view from the bedroom. But I guess the public terrace would make that a bit awkward to have people walking by with your curtains open. Fortunately we had good weather during our visit and were able to spend a little time out on the terrace enjoying the view.

The room overall was adequate, but small for two queen beds. Furnished with a small round table and two chairs and flat screen TV on a chest of drawers. Breakfast was fine for the standard buffet style, although the pancake machine wasn't working while we were there. All the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We had an upper level east side room. Good location.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
I am delighted to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. We make it our goal to provide the best customer service possible and I hope that is what we have conveyed in your case. I really appreciate your feedback about the room layout, it was insightful. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the views from the shared terraces and that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will think of us when staying in Sedona again!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 February 2013

When we arrived at the hotel all of the pet friendly rooms had been booked so were given regular rooms off of the terrace. Rooms were clean and the terrace offered beautiful views of Sedona's landscape. They also offer a complimentary shuttle ride to and from town.

We only encountered one problem during our stay and that was the hateful woman two doors down. Upon seeing us with our dogs she declared "we LOVE dogs!" I should have known something was up when she didn't ask to pet them. At 9pm that night a man from the front desk knocked on my door and said he had received a complaint of barking dogs in the rooms we occupied. The fact that my dog was sleeping quietly in her dog bed seemed to satisfy him.

The next morning while my father was taking his puppy for a walk he overheard the woman from the adjoining room ask the housekeepers if they had heard barking and stated that she was unable to sleep because the dogs next door (ours) barked all night long.

My theory is that this woman was looking for a free night's stay and saw our dogs as an opportunity.

I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ErikaM411
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
I am happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate your needs. We love our furry guests and are happy to help make them feel at home. It is always a pleasure to know that the shuttle was utilized and was convenient for our guests. I must say the views are beautiful and quite wonderful to look at from the shared terraces. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and allowing us the opportunity to gain your loyalty. I can't wait to see you again!

Guest Relations Manager
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I am a Best Western Gold Elite member. I just called to confirm my stay for March 26, 2013 and I spoke to Amanda. I made my reservations in October of 2012 with the request of a third floor room with a view. I was told at the time, in October, that it was a request and they would do everything they could to honor the request. Today, I called to confirm my reservation and I was told that I would have to pay an extra $100+ dollars to have my request honored due to a change of policy. This is a very curious way to do business. I am also a Marriott Gold Elite member and have never experienced such a situation with them.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank clancychow
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
I am so sorry for any confusion about the third floor request you submitted in October. So many of our guests have been disappointed in the past when they requested a third floor room and we were unable to honor their request. To try to alleviate this issue we created a new type of room, two queen beds on the third floor. Please be assured that your request for a third floor is still valid, and if one is available you will be upgraded at no additional cost. Because you are a Best Western Gold Elite member you are at the top of the list for that upgrade, and we will be happy to honor your request. The third floor room type is indeed at a higher rate, but what we are offering is a guarantee to receive our most requested room type. I hope that you understand that we are simply trying to improve our guest’s experience by taking the guesswork out of the reservation process. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to explain and we hope that if you have any other questions or concerns that you will call us directly.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My two-night stay here exceeded my expectations!
I had casually mentioned in my online reservation that the trip was for my birthday, and we arrived to a complementary bottle of wine and a hand written note wishing me a happy birthday.
Shuttle service was accommodating and convenient, drivers were very pleasant.

Clean, scenic, reasonably priced and friendly staff. We will be back and will share our outstanding experience with friends.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melissa b
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
We are honored that you would spend your birthday with us which is why we tried to make it as special as possible. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your expectations were exceeded. It is always encouraging to hear that we have gained another loyal guest. It was such a pleasure having you as our guest and we cannot wait to see you again!
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My sister and I stayed at the BWP Inn at Sedona for 4 nights in February. From our initial check in to our departure, everyone was kind, patient, helpful and friendly! The hotel has a great location with spectacular views, close to all the areas worth visiting. Even the ladies who made breakfast in the morning were cheery and caring, swiftly filling food trays as they emptied. We especially want to highlight concierge Joan Bickis, who was so helpful in constructing an itinerary for our three day stay. She made us aware of all the alternatives, pros and cons, but did not " push " anything and gave us time to make our decisions. As a result, we had a wonderful three days! Thank you, Joan, and to all the team at the Inn of Sedona.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Annairene
innofsedona, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
I am thrilled to hear about the great time you had during your stay with us. It is always refreshing to hear about how helpful our staff is and how welcomed you felt. I have to agree with you, Joan Bickis is quite helpful and a pleasure to be around. I will definitely let her know how much you appreciated her advice. The views are spectacular and I am happy you were able to enjoy them along with the breakfast and room. Thank you for your kind words. I hope to see you again soon!
Aurora, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Beautiful Property, with great views of the surrounding landscape. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, clean room, and the full, hot breakfast was a good start to the day. This motel was recommended to me, so I didn't price other motels, but would guess that it is comparable to others in Sedona.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank 9RAB9
Your pleasant review is greatly appreciated! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a compliment to hear that a guest chose the Inn of Sedona by word of mouth and had a great experience. I am pleased to hear that you really liked the views, rooms, breakfast and most important the customer service. We work hard to keep our guest's loyalty and I hope that is what we have done in your case. Please come back and see us again soon!