“Incredible View, Great Experience”

Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Menasha, Wisconsin
“Incredible View, Great Experience”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The front desk staff and concierge were very helpful. The swimming pool and hot tub are outside. The pool was a decent temperature although unheated.The hot tub was hot but some of the jets were not working properly. The workout room was very small. It had 1 treadmill, 1 bicycle, 1 elliptical, and 1 universal weight-lifting machine. The continental breakfast was very good. All food that was supposed to be hot was hot. Had a fair selection of choices and the attendant was helpful. The room was cozy, not overly large but also not too small(Right size for 2 people. Maybe a bit crowded for 3-4 people). It had a front and rear door. The rear door opened to a beautiful shared patio with tables and chairs to relax in. The view from the patio is incredible. The room had a nice flat-screen TV, iron and ironing board, coffee-maker, small round table, and a refrigerator. The bathroom has a classy, modern look including a stainless steel ice bucket and real glass glassware. The room does not have a microwave but there is a microwave that can be used in the lobby. The lobby also had a coffee machine, a fireplace with comfortable seating, 2 computers with printers, and a concierge to help guests with any questions or problems. The hotel is about a mile from the "downtown" area but there are other restaurants and shops nearby. There is also a shuttle service which runs from early morning to about 9:45 PM.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kenbouck
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you for your helpful review! I'm sure other travelers will appreciate the effort you put in. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and scenery; we do have some incredible views! I am further glad to hear our staff was helpful and friendly, we strive to make your experience with us a happy one. I have reported the issue with the hot tub jets to our engineering staff, and they will resolve the problem. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please come visit us (and Sedona) soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
Lewiston, Maine
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We had a great vacation at the Best Western Inn of Sedona! We stayed three nights, wish it was more. We were visiting Sedona for a spring "training" vacation. We rented the mountain bike from Over the Edge bikes just down the road and they pointed us in the way of approximately 50 miles of trail accessible out our room door! After 6 hours of trail we hit the hot tub, pool, or wandered over to the tap room of Oak Creek Brewery for beer and the best hot dogs ever (who knew!). In the morning the hotel offered the best hot breakfast - Fresh eggs, pancakes, breakfast meats, yogurt, granola and fresh fruit. Plus they have really GOOD Coffee - very important! The staff was wonderful, the rooms were very comfortable and extremely clean. Sedona is beautiful, and the Inn of Sedona took very good care of us!

Room Tip: Rooms with a terrace were the best - even on the first floor. Amazing views from our room on the N...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for the very nice review! I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us. It is always a pleasure to hear about the great adventures our guests get to experience during their stay with us. I am happy to hear that you felt very well taken care of by the staff and that you enjoyed the rooms, location and breakfast. We strive to make each guest feel welcomed and comfortable and I feel like we accomplished that in your case. I hope you will come see us again soon!

New Jersey
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This Best Western definitely earns its "Plus" designation. My husband and I were very pleased with our one night stay here in our third floor room (which is the same floor at the lobby given the slope in the back). From reading the reviews on here we were aware that the balcony was a shared balcony and that the location was away from the downtown, but we were fine with both. The balcony was very quiet and lovely to take in the views during the day and the stars at night (not very crowded since it was February but I could see how it might be crazier during the busier months). I didn't observe much of the sunrise though despite being on the sunrise side but I'm not sure if that was because it is blocked by the rocks. But still great views. We preferred the off-street location to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown but getting to the main street was a breeze with the shuttle service. Literally just a couple of minutes to get there and when we called for the shuttle to come pick us up, it was there immediately. Great service and everyone (front desk, driver) was very friendly. We LOVED the in-room gas fireplace too. Made for great ambiance in the dark winter months and really heated up the room. The free hot/cold breakfast was pretty standard fare, but still more than adequate for our needs.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are best. One side of the hotel supposedly gets sunrise views and the other, sunse...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Numero10
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you very much for the detailed review! I am so pleased to see that you were able to capture the beauty of Sedona from the shared terraces. I am sorry you didn't get to see the sunrise as well as you have expected. Sometimes the clouds and mountains can hide the view. I am elated to learn that you specifically picked our location and your expectations were met and perhaps exceeded. I look forward to welcoming you to Sedona again in the future!

London
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We left another hotel in Los Abrigados in disgust, and so we were dubious about finding better in Sedona, which seems (despite the natura beauty) to be a highly commercialised environment.
In fact, the Best Western restored our faith. Excellent reservations and check-in (Amanda on both occasions), a good, clean - although basic - room, a reasonable breakfast.
I wouldn't describe it as the height of luxury, but it served us well.

Room Tip: Higher levels = better views
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
I really appreciate your willingness to share your satisfaction about your stay with us. It is unfortunate that you began with a bad experience but I am ecstatic that we were able to provide you with an exceptional experience. I am delighted to hear about Amanda's helpfulness and I am privileged to have had you as our guest. I hope you will come visit us again!

Kannapolis NC
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The view from the terrace is very nice, but you have to be on the terrace or standing at the door to see it. Seems like the layout of the room would be better if reversed, so that you can look out the window and see the view from the bedroom. But I guess the public terrace would make that a bit awkward to have people walking by with your curtains open. Fortunately we had good weather during our visit and were able to spend a little time out on the terrace enjoying the view.

The room overall was adequate, but small for two queen beds. Furnished with a small round table and two chairs and flat screen TV on a chest of drawers. Breakfast was fine for the standard buffet style, although the pancake machine wasn't working while we were there. All the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We had an upper level east side room. Good location.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
I am delighted to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. We make it our goal to provide the best customer service possible and I hope that is what we have conveyed in your case. I really appreciate your feedback about the room layout, it was insightful. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the views from the shared terraces and that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will think of us when staying in Sedona again!