“What a view!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“What a view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

This hotel was better than we expected- it was super clean with updated rooms, free breakfast, heated pool and the best view you can find out your back door! The staff were so friendly and helpful- the concierge lady mapped out the best drives for us to see the beautiful red rocks- she hit the Neil on the head perfectly with our sightseeing itiniery. Will return!!

2 Thank Lburke71
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
I am delighted to hear we surpassed your expectations! We try to provide as many “extras” as we can at a reasonable price. I am glad to know that the staff was helpful and really added to the enjoyment of your stay. Please come back and see us soon, there are always more red rocks to see!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
La Habra, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Best Western Plus quality is better than what I was expecting. This hotel closely matches the Marriott Fairfield Inn, which I stay in often for work.

The room came with a mini fridge. The shampoo and soaps are dispensed from a wall dispenser, not the standard mini bottles (great for the environment). The blow dryer required a button to be held down for it to work, this was a little tiring.

Breakfast served each morning, including eggs, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, and breads. It was a good selection, but after 9am they started to run out of items.

The pool is heated, so bring your swim suit even in the winter.

Pay the extra to make sure you have a view. We stayed in room 306 which had a great view of the redrock, perfect sunrise and even good sunset. The patio is a shared patio amongst multiple rooms - this did not bother us, but a private patio would have been nice.

I was very impressed with the concierge in the lobby. She provided a great recommendation to Fay Canyon hiking trail. This is a service I did not expect in a Best Western, but found very helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. ROOM 306 had a view, but shared patio.
Green Features: The soap dispensers were eco friendly and convenient.
3 Thank ALinCA5512
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
I am delighted to hear that our hotel was above what you were expecting. I am further glad to hear that the staff really added to your enjoyment of your trip. Fay Canyon is a wonderful hike, and I'm glad you loved it, too. I apologize for any food that was in short supply in our breakfast room; I will share your experience with the breakfast manager. The blow dryer button shouldn't need to be held down; I'm thinking yours may have had a malfunction of some kind. I will have our maintenance staff repair or replace it. Thank you for making us aware of the situation. Thank you for your review, we hope you'll find your way back to us soon!

Leiden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This is a Best Western with an extra touch. Located in Sedona you pay a steep price for a mid-range US hotel, but the location and breathtaking views are worth it. The hotel feels different when compared to a standard Best western, mainly because of the styling of the exterior. This gives it an foreign touch. Front desk staff was extremely polite and helpful and ensured a swift (early) check-in. Make sure you reserve/ask for a room facing the valley, they are soo much nicer than the ones facing the parking lot and pool area. Breakfast is a little better that in a standard Best Western, but the room in which the breakfast was hosted was a real turn off. Compared to the rest of the hotel at least. I know that US hotels don't seem to care about the standard of their breakfasts, but I don't understand why they don't just make a little more effort. Increase the size of the room and dress it up a little. We've just woken up! Have some cheese, ham/salami and fresh fruit juices. It makes all the difference. Not to mention coffee. If they want to induce a retro-feel to breakfast by serving the most appalling filtered coffee ever (we couldn't even find tea), then they've succeeded with honors. C'mon management, buy a machine and produce a decent cappuccino or espresso. In general we we're very pleased staying at this hotel (apart from the breakfast). WIFI was present, fast, but very choppy.

A small tip when it comes to hospitality. When a guest asks for an AC adaptor Europe/US. Provide one. Ask for e.g. $20 which can be reimbursed once a client returns it. No. In stead they offered one that I could buy for $45. It made me laugh, which forced an apology from the very helpful staff person.

All in all, a very nice hotel. Would come again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank William D
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us in Sedona. Thank you very much for your compliments for our facility and staff, we found your words to be very encouraging. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with the breakfast room. We always appreciate your feedback on how we can improve things there. I think your idea of renting the the travel converters is a great one. Please know that I will be sharing all your thoughts and suggestions with the general manager. Thank you for taking the time to review, we hope to see you here again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

My sister and I stayed for 2 nights to see Sedona. Absolutely beautiful views. Promenade of hotel was wonderful for red rock viewing and enjoying lunch outdoors. Location was great to stay out of the hassle of the tourist trap area, but close enough to get to in minutes. Airport vista is 1 mile away. Hotel personnel very friendly/helpful. Room lighting could be bumped up a bit, but tons of outlets available. Lobby had hot cider at all times, which was wonderful in front of the fireplace after a chilly Pink Jeep tour. Only real negative was extremely noisy kids next door, but that is a parent issue, NOT hotel issue. I'd stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Helen S
Thank you so much for taking the time to review. I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, we can't get enough of that view, either! Thank you for your kind words for our staff and facility, we're glad you felt at home. Please know that lighting upgrades are in the works for all our guest rooms, I apologize for any inconvenience the lighting may have caused. We are certainly looking forward to your next visit!

Elk Grove, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We spent three nights there and the view from our second-level terrace was awesome. There area little table and four chairs out in the veranda for a nice glass of wine to take in the view. The Hotel staff was extra courteous and helpful. The room was nice although the walls are a bit thin. Some of our neighbors got their showers at 5 a.m. so it was hard to get sleep after that. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a great view straight out of your room, choose the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hannah688
innofsedona, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
I am so glad to hear you got to spend some time on our terraces; they really are perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine. However, I am sorry to hear about the noise early in the morning, but I'm glad it didn't interfere too much with your enjoyment of the rest of your stay. Thank you for your nice compliments for our staff, we all work hard to make sure our guests feel right at home. Please do come back, we'd love to see you again soon!

United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

This particular hotel wasn't accurately advertised. Several of the pictures on the Inn of Sedona Best Western website actually feature pictures of the Arroyos Robles location. All of the pictures for the hotel on priceline were also from the other (better) location. Based on the pictures, I was very excited to surprise my husband for his birthday with this hotel stay. We were surprised to arrive and find we had paid more than we normally would have for a completely ordinary hotel. It was quite the disappointment. I feel bad because the staff was great--very helpful and friendly. However, we just couldn't shake the let-down feeling that we didn't get the experience we thought we were paying for. The room was average, the amenities were pretty standard for a chain hotel, there was no indoor pool or hot tub (as advertised), and the outdoor hot tub was lukewarm. Unfortunately, I will not be recommending this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Traci M
Thank you for the feedback. I am so sorry you were disappointed with your stay. We strive to provide an accurate depiction of our hotel on every site we work with. After reading your review, I went onto the actual Priceline website and did not find any misleading information. We have a complete virtual tour and photos that only advertise the Inn of Sedona. It is very possible that the photos you were viewing were indeed from the Best Western PLUS Arroyo Roble page on Priceline, not the Inn of Sedona. I apologize for the confusion and hope you will give us another chance to meet your expectations. Thank you for being our guest.

Johannesburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We decided to stop in Sedona when we arrived there and saw how beautiful it was and we were lucky enough to get a room at this hotel. It is beautifully positioned, blends into the environment and has great views. Our room was on one of the large patios and overlooked the beautiful red rock formations but sadly the bed was lumpy and the shampoo etc dispensers in the shower and basin area were empty. The breakfast food and service were great. After checking out we did some sightseeing and then decided to spend a further two nights in the area and so returned to the hotel. We got a new room in the same area as our previous one but this time had a great bed and everything worked perfectly! The hotel is easily accessible, is close to a good variety of restaurants and the staff are super helpful and friendly. A really great choice in Sedona.

1 Thank BagLadyJohannesburg
I am so glad you enjoyed your room and those wonderful terraces! I am sorry to hear about the bed and shampoo dispensers. If you run into issues with your room in the future, please let us know; we can usually get things resolved for you immediately. I'm very glad that the second room worked out better for you. Thank you for your kind words for our staff, your comments are very encouraging. Please come visit us again soon!