“Good food where the locals eat”

Cafe Jose Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 195 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Despite the name, Cafe Jose serves good old-fashioned home style cooking. It is a classic American diner which also happens to serve good Mexican food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served all day. Cafe Jose is a favorite spot for local residents. It has won the local award for the past several years for "Best Home Cooking," "Best Breakfast," "Best Family Dining." "Friendliest Wait Staff," and "Best Overall Bargain." The food is not fancy, but it is tasty and served with a smile. The portions are large, but meals are priced to fit anyone's budget.
Louisiana
“Good food where the locals eat”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We headed to Café Jose to get away from some of the touristy restaurants with high prices. If you want to eat where the locals do, then this is your restaurant. The food was good, the price was right and the service was prompt. The menu offers a lot of different entrees.

• Visited August 2014

Mesa, Arizona
“Hidden gem in Sedona”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. The portions are large, fresh and hot. The coffee service is unending. Be sure to try the Machaca and eggs or one of their spinach and cheese omelettes.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Gary M
Sedona, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum Yum”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Been here many times. Always Great food, Great service, Great atmosphere, A must go to if your in the area.

1 Thank CindyTayl0r
Cottonwood, Arizona
“Good Food Quick Service”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When I go for lunch in the middle of the week I normally don't have much time and Cafe Jose is a great place because you can get in and out quickly. The food choices are plentiful, the prices are moderate and that makes for an appealing place to have lunch.

1 Thank GailBash
Marietta, GA
“Worst spaggetti ever”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Ketchup in my spaghetti would have tasted better than what they used. I am notorious for eating my food, so I grudgingly ate my Italian sausage spaghetti. My daughter could not handle hers. We had a to-go order. My wife complained about her linguine pasta, she ate most of it and we tossed the rest. I took my daughters back for a refund only wishing I had taken mine back.

This spaghetti was PACKED with a salt overdose, worst ever hands down and I love and understand good flavor for spaghetti.

One saving grace I will offer, they did refund me and wish me well when I left, although the cashier did put up slight resistance instead of just taking it back.

• Visited July 2014
ramblinrose52, Owner at Cafe Jose Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We have been making spaghetti in this restaurant for 15 or more years with the same kitchen staff doing the cooking. Our food is very consistent. This is only the second complaint we've ever received about our spaghetti With the volume of business we do, we have sold hundreds of spaghetti meals over the years.

We understand that everyone has different tastes when it comes to food; however, we make our marinara sauce in-house and it sounds like someone accidentally overdosed the salt. Mistakes occasionally happen in the kitchen. It is unfortunate the kitchen staff did not catch the error by tasting the batch prior to serving. We apologize for the poor meal you had in our establishment. This is not our usual standard, by any means.