“Amazing Night Sky!”

Sedona Star Gazing
Ranked #18 of 159 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sedona Stargazing is pleased to offer you a personalized and custom astronomy experience by professional astronomers. You will meet us at our observing location which is a 20 minute ride from West Sedona in the Village of Oak Creek. Your tour includes an overview of the constellations using a high power laser pointer. We then give you an up close view of planets, galaxies, star clusters and nebula through one of our large powerful telescopes. Our astronomers are exceptionally knowledgeable and provide you with an educational and entertaining experience. Chairs,blankets and oversized parka jackets for adults are provided. Sedona Stargazing has received the Award of Excellence 7 years in a row from TripAdvisor resulting in our induction into the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. We have been featured in National Geographic and the New York Times and ranked by TripAdvisor as one of the top 10 Space Based Attractions in the entire United States.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 12 March 2011

The highlight of our trip to Sedona was the star gazing trip. Everybody gets a chance to use the telescope and we were led through a tour of the night sky that included history and easy to understand astronomy. The owner Cliff, called me daily to try to schedule the best time to view the stars in a mostly cloudy week. I cannot thank him enough for an unforgettable experience. Don't miss this experience if you are visiting Sedona!

1  Thank Mike_D1005
StargazingCliff, Owner at Sedona Star Gazing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Thanks for your review of our tours Mike. We are always delighted when our guests appreciate the Sedona Night Sky under our guidance. Come back and visit us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)
All reviews
"evening sky tours"
in 32 reviews
"rings of saturn"
in 24 reviews
"the international space station"
in 23 reviews
in 15 reviews
"binary star"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 11 March 2011

We were provided chairs and blankets to stay warm. The tour guide provided a wealth of information. He used a lasar to point out various constrellations and stars. After that we all had several chances using the telescope to view the moon, several clusters and saturn. It was thrilling to actually be able to see the rings of saturn. I would recommend this tour to anyone interested in star gazing.

1  Thank jet083

Thanks so much for the wonderful review of our tour. We are glad you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 27 February 2011

If you are an astronomy fan, this is a great way to spend a few hours. Even though the weather was getting down to around freezing the night I went, it was worth it. Sedona and the location they chose was phenomenal for stars, planets, satellites. My guide was very informative and friendly. Views of Jupiter's moons, nebula and various costellations were great, dont expect the Hubble though. Dress warm on those nights as it can get mighty cold, they do have blankets for you. Must come back on a warm summer night!

1  Thank SeanBOS1
Reviewed 11 February 2011

We were stranded in Sedona because of the blizzard back home and so made a last-minute call to Evening Sky Tours. Got a call back from Cliff and were included in that night's tour. Wow. We bundled up and they provided chairs and blankets. David, our guide, was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I've never seen so many stars, and now I know some of their names and history. My husband and I though it was worth the money. Do it if you can. A wonderful experience.

1  Thank Troutbaby
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We went to this expecting to see more than we really did. The night sky was beautifully clear and the guides were very welcoming and informative. There were about 15 people there and we split into two groups to look through the telescopes during the last portion of the tour; with a group that size you were waiting in line for quite a while until it was your turn to look at whatever the guide was bringing up on the telescope. The images in the telescope were not that impressive either, I didn't feel that I was seeing anything that I couldn't have seen just looking up at the sky. Maybe my expectations were too high based on all the positive reviews I saw on Trip Advisor - either way I was really disappointed by this. The cost was incredibly steep for what you get. While the guides were very polite I would not recommend this tour to anyone.

StargazingCliff, Owner at Sedona Star Gazing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

It is always dissappointing when one of our guests does not feel that our experience fulfilled their expectation. The vast majority of people who come on our tours have an amazing experience. We concur that your expectations of our tour might have been unrealistic. Hubble Space Telescope images can't be seen even with the most powerful telescopes with the naked eye. However, looking through the telescope at Jupiter and seeing the detail on the face of the planet and the moons cannot be seen by simply looking in the sky. Our guides provide an educational and entertaining experience using some of the largest portable telescopes available. Combined with the spectacular night skies of Sedona, there are very few better places to observe the night sky through a telescope guided by a professional astronomer.

Had this customer called me after the tour and explained that they were not fulfilled, we would have refunded the entire cost, which we have only done once before in 6 years.