“$20. For a Lecture on timeshares and a waste of a day.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sedona Motion Picture Museum

Sedona Motion Picture Museum
Ranked #133 of 149 things to do in Sedona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“$20. For a Lecture on timeshares and a waste of a day.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

$20 for a class on selling me a time share, a free night in Sedona. Or as I thought. They took my credit card numbers and told me nothing to be charged if I attend a class with my girlfriend the next day, well they took my $20 and also charged my $170 for the room. I tried to dispute the charge but ended losing $190 and a whole day. Two words, organized crime.

7 Thank KelMock

Sedona, Arizona
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 479 helpful votes
“Historic Uptown Sedona at it's FInest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Before Sedona became a sickening commercial mecca of tourist junk shops, oppressive rules, Barney Fife policing of the population, and controlled roadways that put 50% of businesses OUT of business, Sedona was an awesome place. The Motion Picture Museum has been there for a very long time and takes people who never knew how wild and beautiful Sedona was, back into time, Many old westerns were filmed in Old Sedona. The stark contrast between then and now comes to light at the museum. One can't but long for the 'good old days' when men were men and women were like Sedona Schnebly.

2 Thank WorldSprinter18
Rosebud, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“keep away - not worth the hassle”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

We went in thinking we would see lots of movie related displays. Ok, there were a few old photographs and stills from some movies that were filmed in the area, and a couple of cardboard cut out stars ( Clint Eastwood was leaning against a wall in the background ). But we were pretty much pounced on immediately by a sales guy trying to get us to go and look at a resort and sign up for some kind of time share deal. Being Aussies, we had no idea if or when we'd come back to Sedona. This did not stop him. He was extremely persistent and even offered us $100 to look at this nearby resort they were promoting. It put a real downer on our time there. Be warned.

Visited June 2011