“Very Expensive, But You Won't Care”

Mii amo, a destination spa
Los Angeles, California
“Very Expensive, But You Won't Care”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Super pricey, but super chill. The food is fantastic, with endless fresh juices, smoothies, etc. The service is superb, and every evening there will be a gift on your pillow. They will give you a luxe bathrobe as your first gift.

The dance studio has a great morning stretch. Make sure you try the mountain biking- very challenging but worth it- the instructors are patient and you can dial down the challenge if you want without a problem.

The massages and treatments are good, but in my opinion not excellent. It is a bit of a mill at the spa because the Mii Amo guests are sharing it with the much larger mother property up the hill, Enchantment. They can also use the Mii Amo pool, but I don't believe that children are allowed.

The famous red rocks will put you in a trance and mellow you out- worth the price of admission. There is absolutely a ton of new age rhetoric here- some people found it empowering, others just a charming extra, but it doesn't get in the way of your experience.

When you book, someone will ask you about your interests, spa treatment choices, and activities. Make sure you have at least 30 minutes separating your spa treatments and activities. For example, I had a massage one day from 9-10 and yoga from 10-11- I missed the yoga class and that was the only one that day. So, double check the itinerary they send you, because the group activities won't wait for you.

Room Tip: Try to get the best view of the red rocks that you can. Go to Enchantment for a drink to catch a wi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Eors

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Alabama
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have been lucky enough to have made 3 journeys to Mii Amo (so far) and it just gets better every time. The service is impeccable, the setting beautiful; I can feel my blood pressure go down just thinking about it! Truly a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank GetawayGal63
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at Mii Amo and enjoyed all the luxuries the spa had to offer. My friend and i went to celebrate a milestone birthday. We normally go to Canyon Ranch so that is my standard. This is far more personal, intimate ( only 30 people) and spiritual. Everyone , including staff and guests are extremely friendly and help you with your choices from pre-visit to last minute changes. We did organised and self guided hikes, mountain biking, pilates and yoga (treatments clay , watsu and stone were faves). Only downsides were the hotel guests were annoying ( too chatty , hanging around change rooms and pool, late entries to meditation) and need a few more high aerobic classes on weekends). Cafe should add more green smoothie choices ( kale). No cell helped slow us down ( and chill).

Room Tip: Ask for second floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
United States
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels, and a lot of 4-star category and higher, and I've never received 5-star service like I did at Mii Amo. From the very first day, I was blown away.

I arrived early, at 8a, and my room was ready. I was greeted at the curb, received a gift, and taken to my room right away. I was in a little bit of a hurry, as I had my first treatment shortly after arrival, and Meg accommodated me in whichever way pleased me. She gave me a quick tour, I sat for a quick breakfast and was on my way. I didn't stop at the desk for registration until the end of my day, and that was completely okay!

I signed up for a 7-night Journey, and ended up staying for an additional 5 nights. I really needed a vacation where I was completely pampered and everything was taken care of, inclusive of meals and spa treatments. I actually got sick the first full week, which is why I extended. And, I could not have been in a better location while sick. Anything and everything I needed was a phone call away. I was blissfully supported and most of the staff didn't even know I was sick because I was just so happy with the service, food and spa treatments that I just worked through it. I enjoyed almost all my meals in the Café, and even if I was sneezing and filling up the treatment rooms with tissues, I was gonna enjoy my treatments too!

The food was amazing. The therapists are amazing. The treatments are varied, and great. And, I've made many new friends with the staff.
And just an FYI, the boutique has a great and wonderful selection of jewelry, books, music, spiritual items, skincare and clothes! (I found their selection to be better and of better quality than most shops off the grounds.)

I will be back! :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LisaEaseTravels
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stay at the Enchantment and spend time at the Mii Amo to relax and enjoy the spa services and activities. It is always quiet (no children) and the staff is very attentive. the indoor nd outdoor pools have large comfortable chairs and chaise lounges and everything is at you fingertips (ice water, sun screen, robes, shoes, towels). The food is fresh, low cal, and delicious. The service is spot on. They have a full gym, a studio that offers many classes including all kinds of yoga, and other activities going on all day. We have been to many of the activities including the wine tasting, tea class, and cooking class. All were fun, informative, and in the case of the cooking class...delicious. Cannot say enough good things about the Mii Amo, you will just have to try it yourself and see.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Newtown, PA
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just arrived here today on the final leg of our family's two week vacation. We specifically booked Mii Amo Spa at Enchantment for the spa reputation. Upon arrival and during the tour it was revealed that the men's locker room has NO OPERATING SHOWERS, Steam Room or Sauna and will not be renovated until well past our stay. The ladies locker room on the other hand has all of these amenities.

Are they kidding? What kind of reputable spa does not at least post this important info on their website to warn travelers in advance of this important information.

Verdict is out on the rest of the Enchantment Resort and I will post on our departure.

Room Tip: do more research before booking here!
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank palmster
Parlin, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The staff was very helpful booking proper appointments before our arrival. We received an agenda and the the staff was very courteous and prompt via email.

Check in was efficient but parking is at a minimal if you bring or rent a car. Reading the other reviews-we didn't get the feeling that everyone knew our name/homeliness but everyone was helpful. I do recommend the first night "orientation" and it's not as formal as it sounds. You see the spa and understand the routines, amenities, locker usage, and philosophy of the establishment. Quick and painless :-)

Rooms-We've had MUCH better rooms elsewhere. The bathroom needs some painting, regrouting, and scrubbing. However, the hotel leaves you personal robes to take home and other trinkets through your stay. Wi-Fi was sketchy at best in the room.

Spa-Very professional and the services were worth the money. Your locker will be restocked everyday, there is a sauna, helpful locker room attendants, and juice bars set up. Every service we had was wonderful!

Pool-I didn't like that Enchantment guests can come use this small pool at will. Enchantment has its own pool! The "saving the seats" by some guests because ridiculous. When I asked a pool attendant if he could clear some of the "saved and never showing up" seats, he pretty much ignored me. We're not vocal people so we didn't push the issue but it's very unprofessional and not fair to Mii Amo guests who want to sit by the pool between services and use those facilities.

The food was wonderful and truly all inclusive. It's definitely a quiet and serene atmosphere for relaxation.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blckhze
Doreen F, Administration at Mii amo, a destination spa, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Knowing our guests names and treating you as a priority at the pool is a standard all employees strive to meet as part of our personalized service throughout Mii amo. We are very sorry you feel this standard was not met. We are glad you enjoyed the food at our Café and appreciated having your appointments booked prior to your arrival…you should never have to “work” at relaxing while you are here! We have also added Wi-fi throughout our rooms and spa, and are remodeling our guest room bathrooms – they will be beautiful.