“7th visit and it keeps getting better”

Mii amo, a destination spa
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Since 2002 I have visited this spa and resort 7 times. My most recent stay was last week to celebrate, with 2 dear friends,my 60th birthday.( I celebrated "solo", my 50th birthday here 10 years ago... My, how time flies!!

I have had nothing but stellar experiences here, and was a little nervous about my experiences living up to my friends' expectations. And thankfully it did!

They/We loved the venue, the food, the wine,the smoothies,the treatments, the red rock hike, Kucina woman and the amazing courtesy, friendliness and professionalism of the staff ( who, by the way, truly spoils you by going the extra 10 percent.)

We left with a Mii amo buzz, which lasts for days and days, if not weeks..

I will definitely be back for visit # 8.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catha P

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just returned from a wonderful 7 day getaway at Mii Amo. Other than Chiva Som, in Thailand, this is the best destination resort I've been too. They have a wonderful array of services and all the therapists I had were excellent. Rooms are comfortable and close to the spa, although in need of a comfortable chair. The chairs are very upright and uncomfortable. My only other wish is that they included a cold plunge in the spa.
Food was outstanding. Kudos especially to Michael and Courtney by the pool. They always knew your name and room number....you never sign or tip....everything is included. Also had some wonderful de-stress counseling.....Beautiful hiking in the Red Rocks park. Architecturally the resort (separate from spa) and the spa have been built in a very wonderful way blending into the scenery.
There is tennis and golf.....
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This experience here at Mii Amo Spa, has elevated my spa expectations. A fantastic journey was provided by the staff and it's environment during my visit there. An oasis that makes you feel relaxed within moments you set foot in their doors. The accommodations and their amenities are top notch! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dutchman1472
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just returned from a 4 day - three night trip to Mii Amo. First of all the natural setting is unbelievable and I never tired of looking at the red rocks and the sky. I had never been to Sedona before and found it beautiful.
I stayed at the spa and had an all inclusive package. The architecture and buildings are fine at Mii Amo but need a little TLC. Do not expect to be charmed by the aesthetics. The pools are beautiful but the treatment rooms are spartan and the movement room needs new lighting. I could not bear working out in that room with the flourescent lighting and chose to do more outdoor activities. I wish they had an outdoor studio for Yoga. The guest rooms/casitas are clean and large with a great soaking tub. Next time I will ask for a 2nd floor room and perhaps have a view. My biggest complaint is that the beds seem very old. The linens, pillows and mattresses need an upgrade. Good linens and non-lumpy pillows are a must for me when I travel.
Pleasant surprise was the food which was INCREDIBLE. Healthy but creative and i always looked forward to meals. You can take meals at any time from 6 am to 10pm and they are very relaxed. Great juice bar and nice selection of wine and magararitas too! Love the Blue Corn Waffles and Miso Soup.
I also was disappointed that there were not more opportunities to break a sweat. The group hike I went on was lovely but we had to stop constantly for the least fit person and this was frustrating. I suggest if you are in good shape to ask to be driven to the trail head out on your own. I also did the trail alone the next day attached to the Enchantment property and it was amazing! Most of the classes seemed geared to people in moderate shape. There are a lot of people lounging around in robes which they encourage you to dress in at all times. Sometimes The yoga, stretching, Mediation and hking teacher was the same person and I kept having to introduce myself over and over again to her as she did not remembers me. Would have loved more inspirational and diverse educators. Not as challenging classes as you would find at a Canyon Ranch or Rancho La Puerta.
The therapists were lovely and all very good. Best massages, salt scrubs etc.... I even was open to more of the new age services including the Psychic Massage and the Reading of the Moment . Highly recommend the Prickly Pear Wrap.
The public spaces are great - the lockerroom is nice and well attended. Pools indoor and out are great. Great steam and hot tub.
Hopefulyl will return with my husband and do more hiking.

Room Tip: Try to stay at Mii Amo so you can use the restaurant and not have to walk over from Enchantment.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank rdkflk
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is one of the best spas we have been too. The service is wonderful. We loved the healthy choices at the restaurant. Our favorite part is all the activities that are available through the spa. We participated in the yoga class and the Journey of Teas. Both were very enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joan310
Reviewed 29 December 2013

It's wonderful to find a place where your stress evaporates- all of it. Some minor glitches occurred (which I suspect are rare) and they were rectified in an authentic, generous, no holds barred manner right away. I have rarely seen more people who were able to convey an honest sense of caring from the very top down. The accommodations were lovely, comfortable, spotless, and located close to the spa. The delectable dinners were prepared in an open kitchen by relaxed, Zen-like chefs. Breakfast and lunch were lovely and available for picnics or room service all served by skilled friendly waiters and amazing hostesses. The main building had many places to relax inside and outside and there are wonderful activities and a beautiful gym. There is a full bar menu including wonderful organic wines and a smoothy, juice and coffee bar. Management was always present and accommodating and the staff members seem to be honored and happy to be working at Mii Amo contributing to the contagious sense of relaxation and ease. The practitioners in the spa are incredibly skilled and multi talented and the scheduling flexible.The front desk staff were all top notch and it was easy to set up a schedule beforehand. The fact that all of this takes place in Sedona in the beautiful Boynton Canyon increases the magic. Thank you to Chris Bird and his fabulous staff who made us feel completely at home from the moment we arrived and were warmly greeted. We enjoyed all the fabulous gifts as well. I would give Mii Amo more stars if that option were available and I feel fortunate to have spent Christmas there. I hope to return soon and often.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NancyFH
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My sister and I spent 4 days there and could not have anticipated the exceptional detail was paid to us? Everyone we dealt with knew us by name and you really felt they cared. The food was unsurpassed; the spa was exceptional, the staff was unique, quirky and genuine. I loved it and I will be back. Take someone you care about and share the experience. I would recommend sisters!!!! Only 16 rooms on onsite at the spa so you can walk about in your bathrobe everywhere. Love it!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good!!!! Seriously you can walk around from the rooms to the spa in your slippers...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family