“Perfection in Sedona!”

Mii amo, a destination spa
Stuart, Florida
“Perfection in Sedona!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

My Mom and I stayed at Mii Amo for the Three Night Journey. When we arrived at the security gate at the resort, the guard wished me a happy birthday and called ahead for check-in. Someone met us in front of the spa, had valet take the car and baggage, and escorted us to our room for check-in. She even returned with fresh smoothies! The staff at the front desk are friendly, accommodating, and informative,

We stayed in room 505, which has an amazing view from the balcony. The room itself is nothing special. However, it was immaculate and has a large bathroom. Also, the outdoor areas of the resort and the views are SO amazing that we were only in our room to shower and sleep. Maid service is twice a day, and every night they left a gift on our beds.

What to pack? Comfortable clothes and sneakers / hiking boots. I packed dresses, thinking that I would get dressed up for dinner. However, I wound up wearing pajamas under my spa robe for dinner every night! You really can wear your robe all the time! A clean robe is provided everyday.

The spa treatments were great! My favorite was the "How to Get a Good Night's Sleep" with Wendy. Wendy is amazing! She zeroed in on my problem / issue in about 5 minutes and gave me a REALLY helpful meditation. Since this treatment, I have slept better than I have in years! I also did treatments / meditations with Kamma and Bhadra, who are also great. This is truly a place for relaxation and renewal.

We loved the Cafe. The food does not come out of the kitchen quickly; however, the presentation is beautiful and it is delicious. You can tell that they really take pride in the food and only serve perfection. The staff in the Cafe are amazing - they are so friendly and accommodating. They remember names, room numbers, and preferences - Wow!

I seriously don't know what Mii Amo could do better! I definitely hope to return!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Aimee-Marie1221

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I've been here 15-20 times and it's absolutely my favorite destination spa on earth. I travel extensively throughout Asia and Europe, staying at several spas and luxury hotels, and Mii Amo is easily the best by far. The energy in Sedona is amazing in and of itself. The food, treatments, classes, activities, the pools, Native American influences, etc. at Mii Amo are all excellent and enriching. The service at Mii Amo is also top notch. All of these reasons are why I keep coming back. I normally don't return to the same place twice because there is so much to see and experience in the world, but I can't resist returning to Mii Amo over and over because it's so fantastic in all ways and lifts me up every time :-) <3 <3.

Do yourself a favor and experience this incredible place at least once.

Room Tip: all rooms at Mii Amo spa are good, or you can stay at Enchantment Resort and do the spa package. Th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank parker555
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

You could literally live in a robe the entire time here. In the preparation email sent to us right before our trip, I noticed a tip that you can have meals at the restaurant in your robe. I thought "ha, who does that?"

Just returned after four nights at Mii Amo with my friend. We want to make this an annual trip for relaxation and resetting. And next time, we won't be packing much!

You only need a swimsuit and clothes to work out or hike/bike in. From 3pm and on, we were in treatments or lounging around in our robes (and then straight to dinner).

What we loved:
- it is small with no children
- the staff is friendly and happy
- the food is good
- the details are taken care of
- all you have to do is remember when your treatments are scheduled
- you will leave with skin well exfoliated and hydrated
- serene and beautiful location
- casitas are large, well appointed, and super comfortable

As a Mii Amo guest, the staff really aims to please. I loved the special touches (a little gift at turndown each night, locker pre-arranged and refilled each day with a fresh robe and slippers, staff remembers your name/room number, etc).

We will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank StuckOnTravels
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This trip was unlike any other trip we have been on. It was nice to "unplug" and reconnect in a serene environment. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable- everyone calls you by your first name on day one, which is very nice. The grounds were beautiful and quiet. After speaking with some of the guests, it was evident that most in attendance were there for healing. I felt they were very fortunate to be able to experience Mii Amo in such times of need. My husband and I went for the benefits of relaxation, reflection and reconnection. We were not disappointed.

The food is amazing! Michael, the pool attendant, is extraordinary! The Spa Director is kind and knowledgable. The Front Desk crew could use some polishing, as could the Spa Attendants. The spa services were good, but we were expecting superior therapists. The extensive spa menu is wonderful. The workout room is quite awful-especially for a destination spa resort. It is small and unusual.

There are definite areas for improvement, but overall it was a pleasant stay. Things that we most probably would have made complaints about in any other resort were never reported, simply because we were too busy relaxing in our comfy robes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kfaj
Parlin, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I won't repeat all the great things left by the positive reviews, but I can vouch for most comments. The nightly trinkets left in the rooms were a nice touch. The customized service was outstanding. We had massages, wraps, facials, psychic readings, exercise classes, hikes, etc... And everything was seamless. I left rejuvenated. It is however worth it to rent a car. We flew into Phoenix and rented a car. It was nice to get out to other trails and shops-a car is necessary for this. Cell service is minimal given the location. There are many staff members with golf carts ready to take you to/from enchantment at night because it does turn pitch black out at night-no lights. Keep in mind also-it's a spa atmosphere so everything closes early.

The bathrooms could use a bit more TLC-wear is showing. We would have given it four stars but we didn't like the pool/seat saving issue. Mii Amo let's enchantment adults use the Mii Amo pool which for the prices they shouldn't be able to. It's a small pool and they have their own at their hotel. The area around the pool can also use some minor touch ups. The price however is worth it with the high quality services.

Booking tip - we almost didn't sit for the welcome dinner. We aren't highly social/outgoing people. But we did it to find out more the workings of the spa and I'm glad we did. There are so many small things we wouldn't have known if we didn't do it. It was quick and didn't take up too much of our schedule.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank blckhze
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was my first time visiting Mii Amo but definitely not my last. I experienced several losses over the last year or so and desperately needed a some time away and a girlfriend recommended Mii Amo. I found it to be absolutely beautiful and the service was impeccable. They offer a wide variety of spa services including mind-body, fitness, new-age and traditional. The rooms are spacious with private balconies. I especially appreciated the morning ritual in the crystal room. I have never encountered a more attentive staff before at any spa. The nightly turn down service also included a little gift which a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SDM3
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The Mii amo Spa, at The Enchantment Resort in Sedona, is a true "destination spa." Located on property, it offers full amenities, and in a most wonderful setting. We always try to book a day, whenever we visit The Enchantment.

Room Tip: If one is spending a lot of time at the Mii amo Spa, they might want to look into the casitas that a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business