“Solid choice in Sedona”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dan's Bistro is a small friendly Bistro style restaurant with great fish, steak, seafood, pasta's, salads and deserts, all at great prices. Chef Dan is one of Sedona's most popular Chef's both for his cuisine and his personality. Open for Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I almost titled it "Good, not Great". We had a very agreeable meal here. The pate was excellent. Most in our group of eight ended up ordering the chicken special and all agreed that it was really very ok---just not memorable. Temperature control in our back room was a challenge. Our waitress was very friendly and very professional. BYOB--very reasonable corkage. We would go back, just not in a big hurry.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Unassuming from outside but best to book as busy. Simple interior decorated with photos of various places in Italy. We started with a plate of antipasta to share then had baked penne pasta with lots of vegetables and the pan fried trout which were both delicious. The byo charge of $6 makes the drinks price very reasonable.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Had a nice dinner with my parents while on vacation. My entree was well done but the standout was definitely the creamed spinach served as a side. I was disappointed with the attention we received from our server. Considering the restaurant choices in the area and the price point of the meal I expected more.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

After reading the Trip Advisor reviews and seeing the ranking, we expected a bit more. The food was good, but the service was just adequate. Not much atmosphere and the lighting was a bit harsh.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Wow. Dan's Bistro doesn't impress from the outside, but what a fantastic dining experience. The quality and presentation of the food are absolutely top notch. I had Salmon, which was excellent, while my wife selected a filet mignon, which was tender and perfectly prepared. The chef used a wide variety of spices, each complimenting the dishes with which they were served and raising the level of the meal to perfection.

Then came the bill. It was so ridiculously low for the meal we had just enjoyed that I had to make sure they charged for everything. Great food, first-class service, and very reasonable prices don't usually fit into the same sentence, but Dan's Bistro is an exception to the rules. If you sind yourself anywhere near Sedona, make the drive to Dab's. You won't regret it.