“Pleasant course...”

Oakcreek Country Club
Ranked #44 of 106 Outdoor Activities in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by the acclaimed father and son team of Robert Trent Jones, Sr. and Jr., this par-72, 18-hole championship golf course is characterized by classic tree-lined doglegs with fairway bunkers placed in strategic locations throughout the course.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I visited during a golf vacation in the Scottsdale/Sedona area. Oakcreek Country Club's course was pleasant. The surrounding views of the red rocks were spectacular. The homes surrounding varied in interest. The course was good in condition and offered challenge for both low and high handicap golfer. Play was painfully slow. Staff were very nice. We found the lack of a bag drop and across street parking unusual.

If you were limited to only one Sedona area golf course, we recommend the Sedona Golf Resort course over this one.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We played this course twice during our trip to Sedona. The course is very pretty and well kept. The service was good, and if you play after 2:30, the price is reasonable. The views of the red rocks are amazing!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I played here twice while in Sedona. Course is very well maintained and fun without being too difficult. Greens were in great shape. Staff very friendly and attentive. Been in operation for 50-60 years which gives the course maturity. Some beautiful views of the red rocks of Sedona. Excellent value.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I am a 62 year old woman and hit my drives 175 yds. I played my brother there yesterday and he hits his drives 250 yds. The women's tee boxes are 25 yds plus or minus ahead of the men's. Unless you are both playing with handicaps, it does not equal a fair or equal game. It felt to me like they just placed the women's tees in front of the men's without really calculating the average woman play. The club has added some forward tees and I called from the course to see who they were for. "weaker golfers or juniors". When I asked "who qualifies as weaker". They didn't have an answer. So, I give the course a poor as an average woman golfer. Just my opinion.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This course is better than average but I cannot say that it is very good. All fairways are tree lined which makes for a nice parkland course but the trees also block many of the views of the surrounding red rock country. There is also an over abundance, in my opinion, of sand - usually guarding the inside of the doglegs on many holes but also significantly guarding the greens. In combination with the tight fairways, you do not have a lot of room for error. On the plus side, even in winter everything is green and the course is in good condition. The people are all very friendly, there is a good driving range and practice area and pace of play is at 4 hours.

3  Thank Rich B