So, let’s start with the good… The staff, the location, the price (comparatively), and the view. The staff is very nice, helpful, and welcoming. They have tons of helpful advice on the area, discount coupons for the restaurants they own, Pink Jeep Tours, etc. The location is right in the middle of things and you can walk to shops, restaurants, tour companies, etc. Since parking is a little difficult in the area, the location is a good thing. The price seemed high to me but, apparently for Sedona it wasn’t bad. The view was really nice. We had a balcony that overlooked the Red Rocks but, no chairs with which to sit and enjoy it.
Moving on to the bad… the fireplace, the “inn”, and the noise. My husband booked this “inn” for the fireplace. Well, yes, it’s there but, gives off zero heat. There is no exaggeration here. It really doesn’t give off any heat at all. I guess it’s a good thing the AC/heater worked. This place is really a glorified motel. The design, the quality, the lack of charm, comfort, etc make this an old motel with a deceptive name. The noise… Ugh. Bring earplugs because you will here every little thing that goes on in the rooms adjacent to you and outside your door. There is no sound insulation at all. Oh, and the wind blows in beneath your patio door making that a bit loud as well.
Wi-fi is complimentary although ours didn’t work too well. Still, it was nice that it was offered and free. There is also an internet station in the lobby. A basic breakfast was included but, we would recommend dining elsewhere if you can. There is a pool (we did not use) on site and I believe it is heated.
Our room was on the 2nd floor. This seemed to be a bit more appealing. Do keep in mind that there is no elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named the #1 Hotel in Arizona by Expedia Select for 2011, Orchards Inn has earned a loyal following of return guests who love the hotel's central location in uptown Sedona, spacious accommodations, affordable rates, breakfast packages available, friendly service, and above all else, MAGNIFICENT VIEWS! We know our brand new room design will quickly become one more reason to welcome you back. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Orchards Inn of Sedona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orchards Inn Of Sedona Hotel Sedona
- The Orchards Inn Of Sedona Arizona