“Centrally located, walking distance to town”

The Orchards Inn of Sedona
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
New Haven, Connecticut
“Centrally located, walking distance to town”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

An exceptionally clean hotel, great views off balcony. Would suggest asking for room on 2nd or 3rd floors as first floor is patio walk through for every room on that floor. Front desk person (can't remember name but guys name started with T) was unenthusiastic about his job and acted like he didn't want to be there, but was helpful in relocating our room. Breakfast offered was at restaurant across the parking lot and was a surprisingly well stocked. Oatmeal cups, fresh fruit, bread, yogurt and drinks. International crowd. Though we were just passing through, I would stay here again when we come to Sedona.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
OrchardsManager, General Manager at The Orchards Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time so share your experience with us. Your feedback helps us better serve our guests. Our Healthy Start Breakfast is a great way to start the day. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We bought a Deal Chicken coupon after checking out the reviews on this hotel. Once there we extended for an extra night. Every room has magnificent views of the Red Rocks. Rooms were spacious, very clean and well maintained and all had balconies. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Bed was very comfortable. The location was unbeatable.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an upgraded room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xnycop
OrchardsManager, General Manager at The Orchards Inn of Sedona, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for sharing! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. Our views are as you said Magnificent. Thank you again. We hope to see you in the near future.
Gilbert, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were quite delighted upon our arrival at The Orchards Inn. It is clearly an older property, but the rooms were comfortable and updated. What really sold me on the hotel was the view from our balcony as we looked out onto the red rock mountains. There was also a swimming pool on the premises tucked in back that was surrounded by trees with the same view of the red rock Sedona is so famous for. Location was another plus as we were within a 15-20 minute drive to trailheads for multiple hikes we enjoyed and there were many restaurants and shops within walking distance to choose from, including Tlaquapaque. We would definitely return on our next Sedona over-night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing. We are delighted to know you were comfortable while with us. As you said, “Our location offers breathtaking views of the famous Sedona Red Rocks”
Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you again soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Facing giant red rocks under pink and purple sky, dimly lit walking paths behind the hotel. Very soothing and sort of romantic. After dinner we took a stroll through the shopping district directly out front.
Free breakfast was served at a close by buffet, -go to the back windows for the best views. I did however pull several expired milk cartons from the self serve area and threw them in the trash.
We went to Sedona for outside adventure and wasn't to concerned where we stayed but I was impressed with our room. It had a kitchen and fireplace. I liked the screen window tops in the shower. Having it open made the noise level from the street ten times louder. Patio was private and the furniture was new, the bed was great. The front desk wouldn't put our post cards in their out going mail and we looked for a post office in a golf cart. Fun times.

It is smack dab in a tourist trap, located right behind a public bathroom.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for sharing! Our location and Red Rock views are unique. We are excited to know you enjoyed your stay. From all of us at Orchards Inn, Thank you again for your time and business. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
City
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at The Orchards Inn this past July. We had booked a Deluxe Room and requested a second floor. When we arrived, we had been assigned a bottom floor room. I know that all requests are just that and I didn't want to be a pest, but for me, I cant' stay on a lower floor, so we asked for another room. It seemed they were fully booked, but when I explained my issue the manager Kevin came to the rescue and upgraded us to the top floor. We did have to pay extra, which was fine for us. We weren't looking for anything for free, just to be comfortable in our stay.

We were assigned a top floor corner room that was awesome. It had a balcony with a view of both front and side AND while in the bathroom, I lifted the blinds and there was another view. Wow! … is all I can say. Views while paying my dues!! Some will tell you that room and hotel choice doesn't matter because you don't spend much time there, but I disagree. It just makes the experience that much better. It’s not necessary, because you will see it all, but nice just the same. It looks like the hotel is an old "Motel" that sits on a prime spot. I thought that I had read that it was recently bought out and all the refurbishing has begun. If my room is an example, they are doing great, so I'd agree that requesting a refurbished room would be a good idea.

We had a nice balcony, comfy beds, fridge, microwave, coffee pot and a sink area for cleaning. The bathroom was adequately sized with a large window. There are no elevators, so you will get your exercise. It's centrally located to everything, whether you walk there or hop in the car and spend a few minutes driving there. As far as the free breakfast, it was no big deal, but good for fresh fruit, a yogurt and a bagel or pastry for later. There was nothing hot. It is served across from the hotel in the back of the Mexican Restaurant. This was a nice place, would return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jada6_
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. Kevin’s guest services are amazing. Your comments have been shared with our entire team. From all of us at Orchards Inn, Thank You! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
california
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I choose this hotel based on the reviews and I was disappointed with our room. The staff was nice but I checked a couple of times to get an updated room. Unfortunately the deluxe queen suite is not updated. After tripping over the cracked concrete in front of the door I felt like I was entering a 70's motel room. Aside from the stain on the carpet the room was clean and the beds comfortable. The light fixture in the bath was literally falling out of the socket and the granite bath in the website photos I was later told was the lobby bath. Yes the views are wonderful and it is in a good location for walking and shopping, but I felt bad that I choose this hotel. It just wasn't what I thought I was getting. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an upgraded room!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank phoenix100
Thank you for taking your time to share you experience. Your feedback helps us improve our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our entire team. Thank you again for your time and business.