“Good Choice”

Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Good Choice”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My sister and I both enjoyed our stay at Sedona Real. All staff were helpful and concerned with our well being. The breakfast buffet wa adequate. Location was good. The concierges were particularly helpful in booking, confirming, and advising.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pat B
megan-community, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
I am pleased to hear you both enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Excellent job by the gentleman the at desk who booked our room. I left a well deserved tip for him after check-in. He booked and blocked a king corner suite for us. The room location was perfect. The suites are well laid out, large, clean and quiet.

Breakfast is more than typical continental.
Breakfast includes eggs, sausage, bagels, waffles, fruit... You name it!

Concierge is quickly accessible and very knowledgeable, 5 stars there too.

We have stayed often and will return again soon.
Sedona Real is always the best and they are our first choice.
This trip was a get away for wife and myself, but we have stayed with the kids too. No Problems!

I would recommend to all, and everything is close to the location.

Room Tip: All are good.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review! I hope you can make it up this summer to cool off!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I keep coming back because I find the rooms to be cozy and I am always accomodated when I arrive early. The staff was nice and the location was good too. It's right across from Dry Creek Road which is a beautiful drive. Probably the most beautiful area that I have seen. I enjoyed the pool area, but the only thing I think needs improvement is the whirlpool. The temperature was perfect but the jets could be stronger.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for your feedback and loyalty to our hotel! I am looking into your comment regarding the whirlpool to see if we can adjust it. Looking forward to your next visit!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We had a room away from the road so it was quiet, clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. Free breakfast in the lobby had good assortment of hot food and cold plus several beverages and fresh fruit. Everyone was very helpful. I thought it was very good value plus it is a great location if you want to explore the area - to Oak Creek Canyon, to the Verde Valley, and around Sedona.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road - there are several buildings so they should be able to accom...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and recommendations. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This hotel was a major disappointment in just about every way. Very poor value. The room (I believe that they called it a suite?) was gloomy, and poorly appointed. We had a balcony that faced a highway, Traffic noise was constant. The bed was uncomfortable.The setting is not as in the photos. The "unique" breakfast was anything but unique. The breakfast fare was very mediocre. We expected the breakfast to be self serve, but we did not expect to see three tip jars in the breakfast area. Tips? For what? We checked out after the first night. Fortunately the accomodation for the remainder of our Arizona holiday was far superior. When I advised that we were leaving early, no one at the front desk asked why. Perhaps they are used to this. Find another place. You can do better for less.

Room Tip: If you must stay, ask for a room at the back of the property, away form the road noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
megan-community, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Overall, it sounds like Sedona Real was not your cup of tea and I sincerely apologize for your disappointment. As a result of your review, we are making a few changes. We have a photo shoot of our new family and pet park coming up and I am also going to have the photographer take a few property and view photos to add to the Tripadvisor slideshow and website gallery. You can also see our views from the photos that previous guests have posted on our listing. Highway 89A does run along the north side of our property (along 2 of our 5 buildings), but if you look up you get a full panoramic view of red rocks. It’s really a personal preference and we strive to accommodate guests in order to give them the most of what they desire whether it be views, pool or serenity. We were actually getting guest requests for tip jars in the breakfast area which is why I allow them there. I have removed one of them; we will see what the result is. Lastly, while there are less expensive hotels in Sedona, we feel that our pricing is more than competitive for the quality and extensive amenities we offer. Thank you again for your review and if there is anything you would like to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly through the hotel.
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 April 2012

For the most part, everything was fine, if pretty average. After all I had seen and heard about their great customer service/conscierge service, I was bummed that, even though I had requested when booking early check-in, I was not able to. In fact, when I got there around noon, the "housekeeper" (only 1 for a pretty large property ?!?) was at lunch. I was told to check back, so I went to lunch (well over an hour and a half, including drive to/from). When I called back to check, the 'housekeeper' was not back from lunch yet. So much for customer service.

The property itself looked pretty nice, but they had some tacky signs along some water features- "Beware - Man-Eating Fish"; "Piranhas"; "Sharks", etc.; detracted from the otherwise pleasant property.

The location isn't the best either- it is quite a ways west from most of the restaurants/etc.- not huge, but there are plenty of lodging options closer to the action in similar price range.

Minor stuff, yes. Stay was fine- breakfast was decent- room was a bit dated, but good sized.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
megan-community, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for your feedback. My first thought is that a few of the suite types are of limited quantity and there is a turnover time between check-out, cleaning and check-in. Regardless though, I apologize you were not able to get into your room at the desired time. Our policy is always to accommodate the guest whenever possible even if they arrive at 8am. If the room (or alternative of same room type) is ready, we give you your keys right away. Please contact me directly in advance of your next visit to Sedona so that I can personally manage your reservation and arrival. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon!
nyc
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The room I had was a decent value at best - its interior was clean but hard-worn and kind of strange smelling. The staff all seemed nervous; since people are usually at ease around me, I found myself wondering what that was about. I'd try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends