“Nice place, layout confusing.”

Sedona Real Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I travel to Sedona often as it is a nice retreat only a couple hours outside of Phoenix. This was my first over-night trip going on my own instead of using a shuttle service out of the airport. The location seemed nice out in west Sedona and the price was good. I had King suite which was lot more room than I really needed.

Room was nice and quiet. Was asked if I had a floor preference and I informed them top floor. They did give me a room on the top floor. Room was clean and well appointed. TV was a bit on the small side (may be I am use to my 42-inch at home). My only complaint about the office staff was they could have explain that the 'holder' for my room key card contained a map of the property. I had a heck of time trying to find my unit and returned back to the office. This time around they showed me the map on the 'holder'.

Be warned if you have allergies or are sensitive to perfumes, the bedding seems to be washed in a very scented detergent. It took a little getting use to for me, but was okay after a couple hours.

Won't be back, but nothing to do with the hotel. I just prefer to try out different hotels when I stay in Sedona. It is rare that I stay at the same place twice when I am up there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Robert_Holeman, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback and suggestion. I am definitely going to make sure our front desk staff points out the property map as well as amenities locations to our guests. I apologize for any confusion you experienced. Also, for those concerned with scents, we use Tide and Downey for all our laundry which is done here on property. It’s not something we hear complaints about, but I will certainly keep an eye out for it in the future. Overall, I am pleased you enjoyed your room and were given the preferences you desired. Please consider another stay with us! All return guests receive a 15% discount and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed 12 March 2013

We just got back from a visit to Sedona with our grandson. We live in the Phoenix area so we go to Sedona quite a bit. This time we stayed overnight at the Sedona Real Inn, which was a great decision. I found their website and booked from it so I got a great rate. We got 2 queen beds, fireplace and a balcony. The reservation was for 2 queen beds and fireplace and we were upgraded to a room with a balcony facing the Red Rocks. BEAUTIFUL!

When we arrived we were greeted by the best staff, so friendly and upbeat. Some hotels tend to have an attitude.

That evening we were going to rent a DVD, however we could not find the one my grandson wanted, but the front desk still gave us popcorn and hot chocolate! What a great touch.

We would definitely stay here again and will recommend to our friends as well.

My grandson said it was the best hotel he ever stayed in, he is 9.

Thanks Again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the red rocks.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Judygolfing

I am happy to hear you had a fabulous visit with your grandson. His seal of approval made my day! Thank you for your excellent recommendation and kind comments about our team’s friendly and welcoming attitude. We look forward to that return trip! Please don’t hesitate to contact me personally through the hotel if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed for 2 nights February 19-20 and found the room very warm, quiet and comfortable despite the unusual snow storm. The desk staff was very welcoming and friendly and the full included breakfast an unexpected plus. Being centrally located was perfect for our daytime excursions to the terrific shops and galleries and because of the weather did not have to drive too far to good restaurants. This was our third trip to Sedona but our first to this hotel and we are sure to return.

Room Tip: While we had an end room, double queen beds, our impression was that all rooms were quiet and well a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the awesome review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with the TripAdvisor community and your willingness to stay with us again. We look forward to hosting your family this spring or summer!

Reviewed 1 March 2013

We stayed in a suite which was just a two queen room with a living room all together but great room! Nice amenities, had been done over recently. Great location in beautiful Sedona! The best part of Real suites were the people! Front desk VERY welcoming and helpful, the breakfast slightly better than what you would receive at a Fairfield Inn or similar hotel. They do cook fresh eggs though! They also have coffee and tea offered for 24 hours which is great. Beds comfy overall a great bargain and great for families!

Room Tip: go with a suite!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Robert_Holeman, General Manager at Sedona Real Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for your bringing attention to the warm and welcoming attitudes of our front desk staff. I will be sure to give them recognition for your compliment. We recognize there are several choices for lodging in Sedona and want to say thanks for mentioning you felt that for your rate; the value and quality were there. Please come and visit us again and don’t forget to call ahead so we can greet you as a returning guest!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed in two places in Sedona and this was by far the best for everything. We stayed here during the storm Q and so visibility was poor for a few days, however we entertained ourselves by driving around to local shops, ordering take away and enjoying the free breakfast and yummy fireplace in our room. We got the the upper floor corner two room Suite - we upgraded right on the spot from one room to two - which was worth every penny. A tv in each room, a warm gas fireplace, and good hot breakfast choices downstairs, (the stair risers were quite easy to climb and I have mobility issues.) Service was great - I asked for a tray for my room, and more glasses and more shampoo and everyone went overboard to help. There is someone in the Lobby who's job it is to help you plan your trip and give you maps and info about nearby sites, and as well help you navigate the weather and the roads, something we desperately needed given the storm. We didn't have a fabulous view but we didn't mind since we couldn't see across the street anyway. But this place is so close to everything and very quiet, you won't want to stay too long inside anyway!

pros - free Wifi, great service, friendly helpful staff, great free breakfast, free coffee all day, concierge to help plan your days, very helpful front desk staff, great housekeeping, nice fireplace, very comfortable beds, quiet rooms, free parking, great location - only a short drive away to everything.

cons - hmmm....can't think of any

Room Tip: Spend a bit extra and ask for the best! Know that it is a privately owned not corporate hotel, so t...
1  Thank RubyRedress

Thank you for the awesome and very helpful review! I enjoyed reading it. We are grateful to be able to offer so many different room configurations and options. It sounds like the second floor 2-bedroom suite was perfect and clean. We designed all our suites for maximum comfort and convenience. I was also happy to read so many compliments about our service team here. We all work together to create a harmonious environment for our guests. Thank you for pointing that out!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed for 2 nights February 5-7 and found the rooms to be very clean and modern. We appreciated the mini fridge and microwave. There was also a coffee maker available. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. There is a computer available in the main office area that can be utilized for internet access, which was helpful because we didn't bring ours. We appreciated that upon checkout we were asked if we enjoyed our stay and if we would stay again. The concierge helped us with suggestions for hikes based on our personal interests and gave us some very good ideas for restaurant meals. All the information that we received was of excellent quality. The breakfast that was included in the room rate was varied and we found the quality to be good. It included items such as eggs, salsa, sausage, yogurt, cereal, waffles, muffins and juice. The lady that was cooking the food was very friendly and did her best to keep everything fresh and filled up. This hotel was within close driving distance to many restaurants and hikes, yet in a quiet area. We were on the inside section and not by the main road and couldn't hear any road noise. We asked for a room on the second floor and were immediately accomodated. We would definitely refer this hotel to friends and were very pleased with the weekday rate. We received a promo rate from Trip Advisor that we noticed when we were reading the reviews on their website.

Room Tip: We liked the second floor room, since there was nobody above us.
1  Thank Marie K

Thank you for the thorough description of your recent visit. We strive to offer the best amenities and service (with the best rates) in Sedona. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and concierge service, in addition to the plentiful in-room amenities. There are so many things to do in the area; getting quality information and suggestions can be extremely helpful. I am glad we came through for you. We hope you will stay again and keep an eye out for more specials here on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We had a really nice long weekend here. Room was nice, clean; concierge was very helpful. Breakfast ok. Don't let them put you in Building 5 though. ;) Their pillows were too flat, so we asked for extras and got them, no problem. Lots of parking. Close to just about everything but far enough away so you can get a good sleep at night (well, we did, anyway).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

I am pleased to hear you had a restful and comfortable weekend at Sedona Real. Thank you for your review!