“Truly friendly staff, specious suite”

Sedona Real Inn and Suites
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Chicago, Illinois
“Truly friendly staff, specious suite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

Our family spent 7 nights in this hotel, from Christmas eve to New Yeas eve, and it was a great place to close 2010!
First, the staff. Exceptionally helpful and friendly but not in a fussy way. I had the opportunity to interact with various staff members throughout our stay, and without exception, regardless of the day of time, all were helpful. I travel a lot but here the people stood up.
Concierge services are available near the front desk from 8am to 6pm (with a break noon-2, I think) and we got really good suggestions for easy trails and things to do, without being pushed to purchase jeep tours and other stuff.
We had Suite 225 which is a corner suite with very nice views. Our older pre-teen son used the living room which has a sofa-bed, fireplace and a small table and a big window with great view of one of Sedona's Red rocks. Our younger son used the master bedroom which has 2 large windows to a nice rock view. This room has doors that can close, and a closet. My wife and I chose to use the front room which had a king size bed and faces the patio and provided us with more private actually. Each of the 3 room has a large flat screen cable TV and DVD (you can checkout DVDs from the front desk). Our kids are typically starved for TV because they get very little tv time, but - on vacation we are a lot more relaxed, and after half a day of hiking, some tv is something they love and relaxes them.
The suite has a refrigerator and microwave, which was good to store milk and do popcorn occasionally.
The room was serviced every day. Organic soap, shampoo etc are provided in the specious bath.

There is a single washer-dryer in the hotel which we used a couple of times. There is a small Gym which I used on a snowy day. There is a good size swimming pool but they heat it only starting February or March. There is a hot tub - which was used a lot despite very cold temperatures in the week we stayed A couple of people used the hot tub and than took a swim in the cold-water swimming pool. I just looked a shivered...

A very nice breakfast is included and available 7am to 10am. There is a Starbucks in a Safeway which is 3 minutes drive - if you like to start the day with a latte - which we do.

What we liked was also the location. This was our first ever visit to Sedona, and I had little knowledge of the town. But it turned out that the hotel is on route 89A, very close to some beautiful trail heads and about 5 minutes drive from the more touristy uptown. -- So there was far less traffic, you are near good restaurants, the Safeway (which is always convenient if your are staying for a few day), etc. This area - West Sedona, does not have the incredible Red Rocks that you will see a few minutes up in the Uptown, but there is still some really nice view of smaller Red rocks.

We originally planned to leave on Jan 1, 2011, but realized that to catch out early flight back to Chicago we will have to leave at 2am. So we left a day earlier - and while it was ok to do (no fees were involved etc), the attitude of the front desk staff was helpful and friendly (I occasionally encountered staff in other hotel, in similar situations, who treat you as if you committed a major offense by leaving early, and here it was just the opposite)

Parking is free and we were able to park close to our room even during days when the hotel was totally packed. Wireless reception was not great, at least from our suite, but was acceptable.
In conclusion, for our family this week was a much needed opportunity to spend some time together in a very amazing area. The stay at the Sedona Real Inn helped a lot in providing a relaxing, easy-going and flexible place to stay. I hope to be back there one day, and hope that the personal touch the staff provides will be maintained.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

We were "stuck" in Sedona when snow closed the road to the Grand Canyon. On the recommendation of a local store owner, we booked a room at Sedona Real. When we mentioned the recommendation, we got a 15% discount!

We stayed 3 to a suite and had a great stay. The rooms are comfortable, clean and offer a lot of privacy for each person. Most of all, though, the hotel staff is what made the stay. They were so enthusiastic about helping us with whatever we needed. They offered great recommendations and made sure we were taken care of from checkin to checkout.

This is definitely our hotel of choice the next time we ate in sedona.

• Stayed December 2010
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel! This was my first trip to Sedona and I found this hotel to meet all my expectations. The lobby was warm and inviting, the staff was friendly and the travel concierge lady was also a great plus. She gave us some great tips on where to visit while staying there, as well as some maps and coupons to local eateries. On-site parking is free, plentiful, and close to the units. High-speed internet is also free, which is definately helpful!

The complimentary breakfast provided is a nice bonus - there is plenty of variety and staff is dillegent on replinishing items as more guests pile into the dining room. The room was very clean, the beds comfortable, and overall our stay was very pleasant. Housekeeping is also friendly and provided extra blankets, soap, etc. upon our request. I also want to mention that I could not hear any noise from neighboring guests. We did have an upstairs unit, but I know the rooms on either side of us were also occupied, however I couldn't hear anything from anyone...not even a tv running.

I have no complaints and would definately stay here the next time I visit Sedona. Thanks for a great stay!

Cedar Bluffs, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2010

The staff was very helpful and friendly, helping me choose the best room type for my needs, and helping make excellent dinner and local tour recommendations and reservations for me. They always had a smile for us, and catered to our needs.

The suite was very comfortable and roomy, the fireplace was a cozy touch, and the balcony was perfect to relax on after a busy day. The pool and jacuzzi were perfect for an afternoon swim, and there is a laundry by the pool which was handy!

The complimentary breakfast every morning offered an excellent selection of items, the waffles, scrambled eggs, and sausage were our favorites. Definitely one of the best I've seen.

The location was very convenient to hiking trails, beautiful red rock views, and popular areas around town. Sedona Real is easy to get to, and is located in a quieter area of town which we liked.

Overall, this was a great experience, a great value for the money, and everything we were looking for in a hotel. I would definitely recommend it to my family, friends and anyone else planning a trip to Sedona.

1 Thank kphillips63
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

Christmas Day/Night. Wonderfully pet friendly (fee). Quiet. Spacious and immaculate accommodation. Nice hot breakfast included. Super pet "treats"!

• Stayed December 2010
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2010

the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff were efficient & friendly. the view from our end unit was spectacular. the breakfasts were excellent. tv needs work

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Spencerport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2010

This was my favorite hotel we went to on our vacation to the southwestern USA. Everything about it was great, and I can honestly say that it has one of the best continental breakfasts out of any hotel I have ever been to. Also, the pool was very refreshing as it was over 100 degrees out. It was comfy and the staff was very friendly. This is one of the only hotels that I'd keep coming back to, since it was just that good.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family