Sedona Summit Resort
US$238
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Breakfast included
GreenTree Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$362
US$290
US$192
Orbitz.com
Bell Rock Inn(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$498
US$341
Orbitz.com
1,863 results
All reviewstime sharesunset suitesales pitchmesa suitetimeshare presentationfull kitchenpools and hot tubsred rocksone bedroom unitadult poolwasher and dryerfree giftmid week cleaningliving roomhigh pressureparking passtimeshare exchange
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Sedona Summit is a beautiful resort with lovely accommodations. We spent 6 nights there for a girls getaway. We reserved a 2 bedroom Sunset Suite in building 40. The view was off to the side, but it was spectacular. The room had 2 very large bedrooms, both with King beds and huge bathrooms. The living area was roomy and comfy. The kitchen was extremely well equipped. Washer & Dryer and Ironing board were also a plus. The resort was located within a 10 minute drive to downtown Sedona. Everything was within close proximity to the resort. The pool was clean and water temp. perfect. The staff was very accomodating and actually switched us from a room that did not have a view to one of the most requested buildings in the area. Thank you Erin. All in all, one of the most beautiful and well run resorts I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Try to get building 40 or 41. Good views.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank sarahsmile7
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thank you very much for your excellent review. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us on your special get away.

We are very fortunate to have Erin on our team. Our team here at the Summit is all about providing great service to our guests. We are grateful for everyone that walks through our doors. Be assured that when you are staying at the Sedona Summit you will be serviced by a dedicated hospitable staff.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

We just returned from the Summit and were pleasantly surprised! We had traded our timeshare for a 2 bedroom unit at the Summit and were very skeptical after reading other reviews on it. However, our unit was the best! We overlooked the pines and the red rocks...It had been completely updated (granite countertops, walk in showers, etc) and the balcony could seat 8 comfortably! The kitchen was very well stocked (darn it...we had to cook more often then...)! And once we told them we could not attend the presentation, they never bothered us again!
The only negatives were that the unit seemed dark on the inside (however after looking at all of the other complexes, it seemed like a common problem in Sedona due to the way the complexes are built) and you can't get poolside service.
We had an outstanding dinner at the Elote and breakfast was yummy at the Golden Goose (dinner was okay....maybe just eat again there for breakfast).
The Summit was a perfect location and a perfect spot to celebrate my husband's 70th bday! Thanks Sedona Summit!

Room Tip: Get a room on the periphery facing the outside on the west or north ends!
5  Thank Suzie C
MichaelPena, General Manager at Sedona Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us here at the Sedona Summit. We thank you for sharing your special celebration with us here at the Sedona Summit.

We appreciate your business with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

WE had a nice week at the Summit. If you are going to stay there you need to ask for one of the newer rooms. We had no view and the highway noise was very loud. The refrigerator was also very loud. The furniture was not comfortable. We were shown a newer unit and they looked very nice. Diamond resorts is very hard sell with their timeshares. I had to tell them that we had lived up to our contract and we were leaving, over their great protests. We had a one bedroom. The resort offers many activities. Personal at resort were very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view as the are farther from the highway noise.
1  Thank MLTMarie

Thank you for your review here on trip advisor.

It looks like you were in a standard studio unit. The noise from the refrigerator (normal operation) will be heard given the coziness of the unit. The unit shown on the presentation is the 3 bedroom Sunset and a 2 bedroom unit.

I would always recommend to all who stay with us to book the unit of their choice. If you see a low price option anywhere it probably means you are getting the smallest unit. Spend the little extra money like many of our guest do and get the one bedroom unit or bigger so your preferences can be accommodated and expectations set. Many times we run very full and asking for a newer unit (an upgrade) is not available.

We have Standard, Mesa and Sunset units. You just have to book the one you want. I am confident that when you come back that you will enjoy your stay and your expectations will be exceeded. We appreciate your feedback at our resort and wish you the best on all your travels.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I stayed in a one-bedroom the week of 4/14 to 4/21. We came in through a timeshare exchange using RCI. We had stayed at the Sedona Summit years ago so I was expecting it the way it was several years ago - very nice. I did not find that it met expectations of my last visit.

When we checked in, we were told to come to a continental breakfast the following morning served from 8:00 until 10:30. When we arrived at 9:45 we were told that they had run of of food! When I mentioned that breakfast was until 10:30 and showed them the paper given to me the night before, the concierge took the paper from me, scratched out the 10:30 and replaced it with 9:30! She said we could come back the next morning. One of the other guests stopped me and told me not to bother because all they really offered were tiny little sweet rolls and coffee.

The layout of the suite was fine, but the housekeeping left much to be desired. We had a mid-week "cleaning," however, the room attendants did not do any cleaning. The only thing they did was leave new towels. That is not my idea of cleaning, especially since the room needed servicing. The sheets that Sedona Summit uses are flat instead of fitted corners for the bottom sheet so they are constantly coming loose during the night. In addition, I found the bed to be very soft.

The most annoying of all was the fact that this property charges $30/week for WiFi. I normally stay at Hilton properties where WiFi is always free. When I say $30/week, let me be clear. That is $30/week per device, so if you have a laptop and 2 iPhones that means that the cost is $90/week. That's ridiculous. The only way to bypass paying this charge was if you already had AT&T service, and phoned them daily in order to sign in. Most annoying either way.

Since there are many timeshares in the area, I don't think we will return.

3  Thank TravelAdvisor99

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Sedona Summit.

We are fortunate for our RCI guests and I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will get with our marketing team to address your concerns about the continental breakfast as this will help our marketing team to improve on the continental breakfast.

The midweek service on the fourth day does entail a trash and towel service with a tidy element on the floors and bathroom. I will get with my housekeeping team to make sure that they focus more on cleaning services. Please except my apologies for this inconvenience.

The AT&T Wi-Fi internet is managed and operated by a 3rd party vendor. The resort does not collect payment for this fee and makes no revenue. We provide Wi-Fi as an option to our guest who selects to use it. Please know that we have 2 free to use kiosks (2 more coming soon) in the lobby.

I thank you for your exchange with us and I wish you the best on all your future travels.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I am a Diamond Resorts owner, and I carefully researched which property I would stay at for my trip by reading many reviews here on Trip Advisor. That led me to the Sedona Summit, and we could not be happier. When we made the reservation for a Mesa view, I immediately wrote the manager, Michael Pena, to request a second floor unit with a view. He answered right away telling me he'd put the request in, and that he'd try. I followed up a few days before we left home and received a response that indicated that it was looking very good. And in fact, we had a very lovely Mesa View suite on the second floor.

We arrived on a Wednesday around 6:00PM and checkin couldn't have been easier. Yes, the Diamond Resorts people were there to "schedule" a meeting. I firmly told them I was not interested, and that was that. We never heard another word from them, nor were we called or bothered at all.

The unit was beautifully decorated---had anything we could possibly need for our stay. It was quiet, clean, and the personnel were very friendly. There is coffee available 24/7 in the lobby. We had no trouble getting a washing machine/ dryer the one time we needed it, and it was located right in the adjoining building---how convenient is that? Most of the time we were able to park our car directly in front of the unit--only once did we have to park across the way---and since we didn't get in until almost midnight that night, that would have been the reason for that!!

We loved being a little way away from the main hub-bub of town since the idea of this trip was to be able to enjoy nature. There was a lot of hiking available within just a few miles. There also was a SafeWay supermarket and several very good restaurants nearby. There was some road construction going on towards town, so you did have to allow about 15 minutes for the trip.

There is a full complement of activities available for very reasonable fees (or free) during the entire week. We attended the Native American jewelry exhibit on Tuesday evening. From what we can see, the prices were pretty good....more reasonable than those prices in town.

We stayed for 8 nights. We had no problems crop up whatsoever. We were advised at checkin that our room would be straightened up and clean towels, etc. would be supplied (though if we needed more to just contact them) on a certain day, and that happened.

We had snow while we were there, and there was nothing as beautiful as looking at that mesa view with snow on it!!

In all, we were most satisfied, have no suggestions for improvement (why mess with something as good as it was?), and would highly recommend this resort to anyone who might want to be out of the way a bit, has transportation, and likes being in nature.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have better views, although once you are out of the room the views all around are magnificent.
4  Thank marigail

What a pleasant review to read about the Sedona Summit.

Please consider us your home away from home while staying with us. I am content in reading all the great things you outlined about the Summit and that helps us to know we are moving in the right direction. Many owners and guests request rooms with a view, some of them book a year out to get a room with a view. I am happy to read that we are able to get you that room with a view and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are here to serve and rest assured that you and all that are staying with us here at the Sedona Summit will receive world class service.

“We will back!!!”- We are looking forward to it and until the next time we thank you for your business.