“Great view, lousy service”

Sedona Summit Resort
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had prepaid for a 3 night stay in a 2 bedroom condo. We arrived around 9 pm and were told that our unit was not available! They stated that they didn't know why it wasn't available, but i had a confirmation from the booking from December and we arrived in April. The staff was totally unsympathetic to the fact that we would have to move midday to another unit. This completely altered our plans for our stay. Further, the manager, Scott, stated that he would refund the first nights stay for our inconvenience.

After returning home, I checked for the refund on my credit card and it never appeared. Further, they charged an additional $254 to my card and i never received a receipt. My balance at checkout was zero and had a receipt to prove that. I attempted multiple times to call this Scott and left voicemails. He never responded back. Needless to say, VISA is now involved as I don't feel i have been treated fairly by this venue.

However, the view was fantastic from the room. The facilities were adequate,but in poor repair in the condo. It was convenient to all the outdoor activities on the west side of Sedona.

But the views will be great from almost anywhere and I will definitely make a different choice when visiting again. We travel there several times a year and would not recommend this condo for anyone due to the bait and switch tactics they employed. The phone trailer states "relaxation simplified" by the parent company Diamond Resorts.

Needless to say, that is false in my opinion and would never consider staying at a Diamond Resort, much less invest in a purchase.

I own in Disney and SPG and have never been disappointed. Beware if you consider this company!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just came back from Sedona Summit 6/21/2014 and it was no disappointment. I exchanged through my timeshare and got two rooms here. Flat screens in the den and bedroom with laundry facilities in the room as well. Great kitchen with full fridge,blender and all common kitchen appliances. Bathroom was great with large tub and plenty of hot water in the shower. King size bed helped me sleep like a baby, very comfortable. There are 7 pools here with 1 of them being an adult only pool. The location is only a couple of miles from town as well. If you are looking for a close place to stay at Sedona, that is very nice this is it.

Room Tip: For the best views of the red rock canyon, ask for buildings 25-30. For breakfast the Coffepot in to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It is Sedona, so quiet and peaceful should be expected but we really liked this resort for a long Memorial Day weekend 2014. There are atleast two FREE guest laundry facilities, which we used several times for our 3 and 4 year olds. The pool we frequented was very child friendly with a kid specific 12" deep pool adjacent to the adult pool. We went on numerous walks in the evenings and let the kids swing on the swings at their park. The view from our room was breathtaking. We spent alot of time on our patio. The kitchen, living room, large bath and king bed bedroom were all awesome!! It was a true home away from home.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the second floor with a good view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank damnjoel
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It's only a small studio room, but it served the purpose for my husband and me. We were mostly out and about all day. We only used the kitchen for breakfast and night time snack. But otherwise it was a pretty small kitchen.

During the entire week we were there, 2-3 out of 4 pools were closed for maintenance ALL THE TIME! The only one that seemed consistently open was the one farthest from us - across and down the street. I felt pretty stupid walking alongside traffic with my bathing suit and towel O_o

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrsmopsie
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We loved sedona sumit, we stayed in a joining units with full kitchen with a group of friends. The decor is tasteful and modern, plenty of room for a group. We were surprised to find how comfortable even the pullout couches were. Called and e-mailed with the owner Jim who was helpful and responsive . We had stayed in sedona in other places we loved, this definitely will be one of the favorites and we'll be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Lllyfs
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We rented a two-bedroom lockoff unit, which was ok for our family of four. My two kids can't sleep in the same bedroom, and both of them are prize fighters when they sleep, so we prefer to have 1-parent and 1-kid per bed, as long as queen sized or larger. The main unit was really super nice (the spa tub was deep, but it had no jets), but we really liked the kitchen and cooked a lot and living space was enormous. The side unit was only so-so - it had a double bed (not a queen as we were told, so the husband wound up sleeping on the couch), a living area and a tiny cramped kitchenette - pretty much wasted space for us but probably good if you had in laws who wanted their own spot. The a/c in that unit blows right over the bed and kept my son up it was so loud. We had to keep it turned off at night, which was okay since it cooled down around 9. Half way through the trip I swapped rooms with my husband so he could sleep on a bed - the king sized bed in the other bedroom with my daughter who we call "bag of weasels" when she sleeps.

We were given a unit with no views, and it was kind of dark in there, which was nice after being out in the bright sunshine all day hiking, sightseeing etc. The DVD player in the main living room kept going out. We called for service and the technician wrote us a lengthy note on how to watch DVDs - which wasn't the issue. I think he wasn't able to reproduce the problem and so just figured we were idiots. So then, we called again, and the guy came out and just swapped the player from the other room - which also didn't help since it wasn't the player but the cables. (To be fair, we wouldn't have known it was the cables until after he did that.) So we just gave up trying to watch movies and stuck with TV instead.

One other weird thing, every night at around 10 the phone would randomly chirp - it wouldn't ring, just like half a ring. Then it repeated every 60 seconds for 4 times. It was some sort of timer or alarm, and we couldn't figure out how to stop it, short of unplugging from the wall. Front desk service was no help either.

After reading the reviews on here about the grills, we bought some steaks and corn on the cob, and our area had a line of 4 people waiting to use them - so nice feature, but you need to time it correctly. One guy in line was baking biscuits on the grill since his studio unit didn't have an oven....

The pool area was nice - we were always able to get a good spot in the shade. One thing about the game/activity area - they were really strict with us. My daughter is 12 1/2 and they kicked her out of the area since she was not "accompanied" by an adult, even though I had a clear view of her from the poolside through the grating. The rules are anyone under 14 needed to be with an adult.

The only messages from the resort we received were offers on spa services - we never got any requests to sit through a timeshare presentation or anything like that - they pretty much left us alone.

Oh, and if you get a chance, go see the "critter" lady Maggie presentation - the kids really enjoyed her.

We would definitely stay here again, if we got a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FitzgeraldFamily2014
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hazelee was the most helpful person at the Sedona Summit Resort.
Auto correct changed her name in my first review. She really needs to be
recognized for her dedication to providing good customer service and
working hard to achieve what the customers have requested in their
reservation. Hazelee was so pleasant and friendly at the end of a busy
day to try to comply to our previous requests. She went out of her way
to make suggestions for tours and restaurants for a great vacation.
Thank you, Hazelee! We enjoyed our stay at the Sedona Summit
with our friends from Georgia.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Main Road Outdoor seating facing Red Rocks
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple