“Very nice last minute find”

Sedona Summit Resort
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
“Very nice last minute find”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We had originally booked at another hotel Sedona and I came across Sedona Summit last minute. We ended up deciding on a 2 bedroom Sunset suite which is in their newer section, away from the main roadway. I believe the price difference between the regular 2 bedroom lock off and the 2 bedroom Sunset suite is about $300 so I was expecting a much better room and better amenities.

We arrived late after a delayed flight into Phoenix and drive through a massive lightening storm and did not check in until well after 11pm. The check in process was quick and efficient and the lady who checked us in could not have been more helpful. I had requested a room with a nice view on the second floor and was concerned about having to look onto the parking lot. Well it was so dark when we checked in there was nothing to see until the next morning. When I woke up, I was very pleased with the room we got. The room looked onto a hillside with trees and I could see a mountain range in the distance.

So far the service has been really good and the staff are friendly. We did not encounter anyone asking if we wanted to attend any timeshare presentations as the check in clerk indicated I was flagged as a club member and waived the daily resort fee.

I will not repeat what others have written about the pools, the lack of elevators (I knew this and still asked for a 2nd floor room), the walking required to get to the rec center (although this is nothing compared to the massive resorts in Mexico is you've been to those), sure there are a few minor little things that are showing a bit of wear and tear but this is definitely one of the nicer time shares that i have stayed at.

Note - they do not have a restaurant or grocery on site so if you arrive late, you may be out of luck getting any food until the next morning.

We had stayed in building 41, unit 444.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Dpw198

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
yardville
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at the Sedona Summit during the first week of August. The check-in was fast and never felt pressured to attend their workshops they offer for the Diamond Resort( though the perks would of been great,e.g. $100 restaurant coupon, a pink jeep tour, and others). We had a ground floor studio , including a small kitchen and patio. Everything was clean and the location in west Sedona is great. An adult pool was available , which we took advantage of. Would return to the Summit on my next trip.

Room Tip: Would like to have upstairs rather than on ground floor, can hear footsteps above us.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mpvh21
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended!! Great place to relax after a long day of hiking, also a great spot to have a great family vacation! Overall I would say this resort may have been my favorite resort I have ever been to!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jack P
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Upon walking in we were completely blown away! Tiled entryway was very welcoming. Granite countertop kitchen, stainless steel appliances (full sized refrigerator, stove with oven, microwave and dishwasher), gorgeous cabinets and we loved the wood beamed ceilings. Washer and dryer was available in the room also. So convenient! There was a electric fireplace in the living area that was so stylish below the flat screened T.V. Plenty of room for all 5 of us! My daughter slept on the pull out sofa and she was extremely comfortable. Both bathrooms were unbelievable! We loved the jet tub and the 3 of us climbed in to take a bath. So much fun!!!! Vanities were beautiful and our bathroom sink was copper colored with a granite countertop. We enjoyed our room that we took notes of how it was decorated and we will be incorporating some of the ideas in our home! Overall this suite had all the comforts of home!

Our room didn't have an award winning view but it was right out the front door! The back patio was very nice and we spent some time out there. My father and husband were able to watch the hot air balloons take off which made them very excited. We were all very happy with the rooms features and location. We were close enough to everything Sedona had to offer tourists but far away enough where we weren't effected by traffic. Absolutely beautiful room and it would wonderful if we were able to come back and stay again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at the summit last week. The facility is really nice. Our room was a one bedroom in building 37. The bathroom was large, a hot tub bath and a large shower. Only one sick in the bathroom but we managed. We had a nicely equipped kitchen and the largest pool and hot tub was just steps away.

Room Tip: This is not a hotel. It is a resort without the resort activities. 5 pools, large chess board outsi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank biotea
Bloomingburg, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Loved the Sedona Summit. View from any direction is beautiful. Just outside of town (shopping, restaurants, etc). Quiet location, plenty of pools. Rooms were spacious and clean, plenty of ammenities and even provided pool towels which was nice.

My only recommendation is they could use a little market to alleviate the need to drive into town for last minute items. Also, the water pressure in our shower was way too much. Actually hurt to take a shower - thankfully no one got sun burn. Luckily my mom's unit which was connected had an old shower head and it felt much better so my kids were not afraid to take a shower. I was told most all the rooms have the new shower head and they were unable to get us an old one. (OUCH)

Staff was very respovise to our needs...asked for extra laundry detergent and coffee and they brought it to us right away. We had a problem with one of the bathroom sinks being stopped up and maintenance came right away to fix.

Would definitely recommend this resort and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 13Danielle_F
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Sedona Summit Resort is beautiful, with amazing views and a nice location just outside the hustle and bustle of Sedona, but still close to shopping, food, and outdoor activities. I was in the Studio, and it was roomy, clean, and offered all the amenities you would want (especially in the kitchenette). I had to sleep on the pull out couch and was afraid of an uncomfortable night's sleep, but it turned out to be roomy and better than my bed at home, which offers a great alternative for families who want to stay with the cheaper room without losing on comfort. What I enjoyed most of all about my stay was the amazing staff, especially in the lobby, who went out of their way to help me and offered me nothing but kindness. I had to leave early because of a family emergency, and they helped me with shuttle services and other traveling needs while offering compassion. I would visit again simply because of the wonderful staff; the views, rooms, and family-friendly ambiance are just a bunch of extra pluses!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view (which you do, trust me) make sure to book it early and tell them in...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family