“awesome massage but shocked when we got the bill”

Sedona Royal Thai Massage
Ranked #10 of 75 Spas & Wellness in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrender to the ancient art of Thai Massage. A state of ultimate personal relaxation awaits you, and you deserve it. A plethora of styles and techniques are available. This allows greater participation by you in planning your massage session.Heat transferred from stone, fragrant aromas & the scent of lemongrass, the feeling of warm oil, the sounds of Traditional Thai music, expertise of touch and a visually stimulating environment are yours.
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“awesome massage but shocked when we got the bill”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was my second time going to Sedona Royal Thai massage, the first time was amazing Gigi did my massage I booked 2 hours and she gave me an extra 2 hours as a gift which was amazing and unexpected so I gave a good tip.
I took my friend this time and we both booked a two hour massage, Gigi massaged Marsha and Charmaine massaged me, it was an amazing massage we truly felt like queens for a day.
The massages ended up being 4 hours once again.
When we got the bill we were SHOCKED to say the least as on the website it says $150 for a 2 hour massage. I understand they went over 2 hours however if they were going to charge extra this should of been discussed not just expect that we were good with paying $250. I am currently unemployed so I was chocked and honestly not really happy as I don't think doing business this way is very professional. We asked for 2 hours and should of been charged for only 2 or asked if we would be okay paying more for an extra 2 hours, I have massage regularly and never have had something like this happen. I was disappointed as I don't think my friend expected the heafty price either, I was kind of embarassed as I recommended her to this place.
I walked away happy that we had an amazing massage but we were really was not happy about the inflated rate.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank michiemoo1974

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best massage of our lives... So much more than a massage”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Gigi and Charmaine are magical healers. With a little convincing from Gigi, my wife & I decided on the body overhaul. Not only is this the best deal in Sedona, it was the best massage of our lives. She combined thai Swedish and hot stone massage for an overall incredible experience. She works until your body is relaxed showing true passion for the work she does. Gigi, Charmaine and Greg truly work to make this an unforgettable experience. From lemongrass tea to post massage chocolates we felt like royalty. It was a special treatment & we will be sure to return in the future.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Aipock1
San Antonio, Texas
“A healing experience”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Words fail me in trying to describe this wonderful experience. This was my first session with Gigi, and she tailored it to be exactly what I needed. It included Thai massage, but it also incorporated elements from other types of body work, and Gigi's healing spirit pervaded the entire session. Her compassion and competence were palpable. I'm looking forward to returning to Sedona and to Gigi someday.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank jaju02
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Will be coming to Sedona more often.....”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Accidentally stumbled across this gem while searching for "Thai" on yelp. We were thinking lunch, which as far as Thai is pretty limited in Sedona. Thanks to this vague search, I got served "Thai Royal Massage" on the same page, with lots of stars.
I read the reviews there, and announced to hubby: OK, I'm going to be adventurous, and get a Thai massage.
After arriving for my appointment next day, I let GiGi convince me (not much pressure needed) to opt for the 2 hr minimum (plus whatever it takes) Body Overhaul. Boy, did I ever get overhauled. I've been having chronic problems with my shoulders (I sit at a desk all day, either typing, or working on small items), and I have been to PT, chiro, and work with a personal trainer. None of these have provided the relief I felt after walking out of GiGi's "torture chamber" after more than 3 hours. She ended the session with an amazing facial massage, temporarily ironing out my wrinkles! OK, the one between my eyebrows, but it's amazing! Hubby told me I looked 10 years younger, and he's not a big guy on compliments, or noticing small things.
So, after my glowing reviews, he booked his own session, and I added another one hour touch up for my shoulders with GiGi later in the week.
We are both total converts!
Thank you GiGi (and Greg) for your warm hospitality, the great lemongrass tea, and for the wonderful treatment. I will hunt Thai massage at home, but we will definitely be back to you, for regular "tune-ups"!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank SimonaDSoCal
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Speechless!!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Yes, that is exactly how my boyfriend and I left Gigi's amazing Thai Massage over the weekend. Everything from the beautiful atmosphere to the warm welcome we received from Gigi and her Husband made the experience such a beautiful one. Gigi and her employee made sure to explain exactly how the massage was going to be and even gave us tea with roses from her garden. My boyfriend and I have not been able to stop talking about how great we feel and we are already talking about when we can go back. Thank you Gigi and staff for the much needed TLC :)

-Andrea and Eric