“Great bikes, questionable organization”

Over The Edge Sports Bike Rentals
Ranked #48 of 91 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Over the Edge Sedona - your one stop destination bike shop to ride Sedona. Providing all levels of bikes to demo, maps and trail info. The best in apparel, accessories and components. We have a full service department to get you back on the trail quickly! Located in the heart of Sedona, come on over and we'll help find your Sedona experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This is a tough review to give. Ultimately, the staff at the shop fixed our "problem," but we shouldn't have had a problem to start with!

We reserved bikes about a week ahead of time, and upon our arrival to the shop, it became evident that our reservation was sort of misplaced, and our reserved bikes were not there. Being quite particular about what we ride, this had the potential to ruin our day. However, the team at the shop ended up upgrading us, and although we did get amazing bikes to ride, it left my confidence in this shop a little shaken.

In addition, I overheard conversations that we were not the only ones this happened with. It was a very busy mt. bike weekend, but regardless, I would think a tight system could eliminate any potential problems.

Our problem was fixed, thus, we were happy. Bikes were great, staff was friendly. Give them a try, but perhaps be firm and precise with your reservation information.

All reviews
"blast"
"rocks"

Reviewed 26 April 2013

New map available that is great. 2013

Last year we rented from a couple different bike shops and the bikes were beat. This year 2013 the bikes from "Over the edge" were well tuned and well taken care of (we tried the Carbon Jet 9, Altitude 750 and a Yeti 29er) . Word of advise, make a reservation otherwise you might get the huffy and dont hesitate to ask the guys detailed questions about your ride. They are very patient and sincerely interested in your fun and survival.

Practically giving away the good times..Thanks for the hand holding when pointing out rides and taking care of us with the new bike. Over the edge..Very positive experience!!!

Mitch out

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was stoked to go to Sedona for some riding. During my planning, I contacted these guys to send me a map so I could review trails before I arrived. While they did promptly send me a map, it was essentially a xerox copy of a map. Cost me $6, can't help but felt ripped off. Really effected my decision not to rent from these guys. I went with Fat Tire Bike, hooked me up with IBIS Mojo HD, essentially new carbon fiber bike with XT built, and they lent me a guide book.

OTE Sedona A, Owner at Over The Edge Sports Bike Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Sorry to read about your dismay with our map, it would have been greatly appreciated to talk to you on the phone or in person if you were unhappy with it, rather than reading it here. I don't think it's a fair judgement to blast us without consulting first. Yes, our $6 map is a home-made map (we do offer maps from map publishing companies that cost twice as much, these were also available to you), but why do we still make this home-made map? Only a year ago there wasn't any mountain bike specific maps available for Sedona that covered our vast amount of "social" trails that tend to get visitors confused. Our solution was to gps all the trails and lay it out over an online topo program and print these out on 11x17 sheets. As trails changed over the past year, we could easily update our map and quickly have the latest info available to customers since we didn't have to commit to huge printing volumes in order to use fancy paper. This does take a bunch of time and effort to make, so we do factor a small cost with this, and in addition we donate money from these map sales directly to the National Forest District that manages our trails. It says right on the map that this benefits our Trail Fund. Please contact us if you'd like any further info.

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome and these guys really know the ins and outs of bikes, Mtn or Street! Totally recommended!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This is a great shop of guys who ride! They went out of their way to make sure we had a great experience. More than willing to talk and had great knowledge of the trails. They all ride and can give you details of great trails for you ability. The shop was swamped and they still took the time to make sure our bikes were set up right. They really want to make sure you have a good ride. We will definitely rent from them again and recommend them to anyone going to sedona to ride. They also have a small but great quality selection of clothing. Well done guys!