All reviews bedroom loft indoor pool full bath laundry room bath downstairs hot tub starter kit shared laundry glass sliding doors gas fireplace grand canyon wet bar games room sleeper couch two story beach towels wrought iron
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We liked our room at the Villas of Sedona but did not have a good check-in or check-out experience. We arrived around 3:30 for check-in and were told I could do the paperwork now but was encouraged to drive around for 30 min or more since check in was not until 4:00 p.m. My son was not feeling well, which I told them so driving around was not an option. They said we could go to the clubhouse on property and wait there, which we did but since the resort was empty would have appreciated being able to check in 20 -30 minutes early. The staff in the clubhouse were great, friendly, personable and helped us feel comfortable as we waited. They had a wii, tv's on and pet snakes for the kids to look at. I received a call close to 4:00 saying my room was now ready. We went to get the keys and entered the room. We found the room had a queen bed downstairs, and master suite upstairs and a murphy bed in the loft outside the mastersuite. We have two kids so this layout was not appropriate for us. I returned to the office to inquire if they had any other configurations, was told no since they don't have 3 bedrooms. I said I didn't want a 3 bedroom just a two bedroom with two bed in one room. The manager then came out, selected another room and walked us over. This unit had 2 twin beds in the downstairs bedroom and the mastersuite upstairs. I wished they would have offered me some choices when I checked in initally to avoid this hassle of having to haggle for the right configuration for us. Ask when you check in what the room configuration will be before you leave the office. Once in our room we had a great time. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook here and eat our meals. The area had lots of hiking trails, shopping and restaurants. We ate at the Cowboy Club on our last night, expensive but a fun atmosphere and menu (rattlesnake meatballs and catus fries are still being talked about in our house). We also at at Picazzo's pizza, which we walked to from our unit. Yummy fresh organic food. We wanted to return but ran out of time. We hiked Doe Mountain and Bell mountain and took a side overnight trip to the Grand Canyon. At time of check out we were loading the car at 11:00 a.m. We had a knock at the front door which was housekeeping indicating that we were supposed to be out by 11:00. We apologized we were running a few minutes late and said we would be out as quickly as we could. A minute after housekeeping left our front door, the phone rang. It was the housekeeping office telling me we were supposed to be out at 11:00 and they would give us 10 min. If we were not out by 11:15 they would need to charge us a late fee. I said yes I was just informed we needed to be out and we were loading up the car. Less than 3 minutes later as we are cleaning up the kitchen and carrying luggage out the phone rang again. This time is was the office letting us know we were supposed to be out. I told them I had been so informed, did not want a late fee and that if they stopped calling me to tell me to leave then I could help pack up the car. We rushed to get everything out of the unit. We have done trades with RCI for 10 years and have never been so harrased at check-out time. It took away some of the nice times we had at this resort. If check out is so strict then there should be some communication about that at check in or a reminder call at 10:30 to all guests about this very strict check out policy.

We did use the pool which was nice. We used the laundry which was not far from the unit and not busy. We stayed here as an RCI trade of our 2 bedroom unit for another 2 bedroom unit. Good trade if you can avoid the check in and check out issues we had.

Date of stay: February 2012
6  Thank wasras
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom/loft unit--very clean and nicely decorated--- well supplied and comfortable for 6 people ---kitchen and bath upgrades were excellent but the units definitely need new carpet. The living room was very spacious but had comfortable seating for only 3 people---we had six in our family so some had to sit on the floor. This unit could use another easy chair or love seat. Location was great and very convenient. Unfortunately, the game room closed at 6:15 PM every evening of our visit for entertainment which was a BIG disappointment for our grandchildren---since we were out all day sightseeing and hiking, they did not really get to use the game room facilities. The indoor pool was also very disappointing since it was really too cold and not comfortable in the winter. The ice cream social turned out to be a sales pitch for tour groups. All in all we really enjoyed our vacation in Sedona and our condo was very comfortable but we wish the activities had been available for our family.

Room tip: 2 bedroom/loft units have 2 full bathrooms which really helps for a family group
Date of stay: March 2012
3  Thank hotgrandmacwt
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Friendly staff. Good location. Units are tired and need updating. Nice big flat screenTVs are newest things. Bedroom upstairs so no good for ADA issues. 1 1/2 baths isn't adequate if people using pull out beds plus master. Nicely located around pool and rec center. Fun planned things for kids, etc. Villas next door were updated and nicer.
Sedona nice place for thanksgiving. Fall foliage + all those rocks was beautiful. Once you've even enough rocks..trip to Jerome is fun for lunch. Odd place but worth it. Also sunset at airport is a must. Pink jeep tour was fun. look at, buy jewelry out of Sedona...at markets..if at all.
Been there, done that, got the t shirt.

2  Thank bingoFl
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed here the last week of Nov for a week with 3 others. Would have appreciated another bath, only 1 full bath with a 1/2 bath downstairs. The spacious bedrooms were upstairs, living room/dining/storage were also very spacious. I didn't partake in any of the activities at the facility, although there was a variety of things to do for all ages. Several of the clerks at the activity desk were slow to help when asked for assistance and appeared to have just woken up. Nicely located in West Sedona with a grocery complex across the street and drug store next door.

5  Thank Karol60
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Great location - easy to get to all the sites around Sedona.

Plenty of room for my family of 6. Everything was old - bright green carpet, kitchen appliances, etc. Enjoyed the jacuzzi - but not so easy to get towels. Had to wait until the employee in the clubhouse was done doing an activity to check them out.

Overall enjoyed - our friends stayed at Sedona Springs and their villa was updated and beautiful. It was more expensive too - - but if a little more per night doesn't matter to you then stay there.

2  Thank cherell