“Overall Exceptional Facility”
Review of Villas of Sedona

and 1 more site!
Villas of Sedona
Reviewed 18 December 2012

First off, I agree with most other reviewers that this is a real gem in a timeshare resort. For the first time in more than 30 years of vacationing, I was not pressured with an RCI pitch. How refreshing! This is three resorts in one (Villas at Poco Diablo, Villas of Sedona, and Sedona Springs Resort). The main clubhouse and activity center is located in Villas of Sedona, where we stayed. The check-in desk is located at Sedona Springs Resort. Confused? Don't be ... it's easy. Visualize a round lollipop on a short stick. The drive up the rectangular shape is the short stick entrance, which is the Sedona Springs Resort and the residences line the left and right side of the street. You stop on the left, check in, and proceed to the round side of the lollipop where the Villas of Sedona residences are arranged in a circle. The very center of the circle is the clubhouse and activities, the residences surround them, and then the drive and parking area go all the way around. More confused? It's really pretty simple, actually. Maybe I've made it more complicated by my explanation. Sorry about that.

The villa. It was a two story with a loft. 2 BR/2 BA. Bottom floor is a bedroom with two twin beds, a bathroom, the separate kitchen, separate dining room, and separate living room with a fireplace and big LCD TV. Couch pulls out into a sleeper. Like another reviewer mentioned, it's a bit dated so the couch is soft (we solved this by putting some of the harder bed pillows under the couch cushions). Up the stairs to the second floor, there is a murphy/futon bed that pulls out of the wall. This is in the "foyer/entry" area of the loft, so it's open to below with but a wrought iron rail. Thus, if guests were to use this bed, they'd be the last ones to sleep. The master bedroom and master bathroom are on the 2nd floor with a balcony and sitting area.

Well appointed. Lots of towels, linens, pillows, kitchen ware. Starter kit with amenities like shampoo, soap, and lotion plus dishwasher detergent and the little bottle of dishwashing liquid. We loved the house brand that smells like oranges, and the shampoo was surprisingly nice,

Activities are the norm with painting, crafting, artsy, movies, etc. for the kids. There is both an indoor (heated) and outdoor (unheated) swimming pool. There is a jacuzzi next to the pool which is comfortable but not as hot as some. Inside the clubhouse reside the obligatory pool table, table tennis, air hockey, and games & DVD rental. There's a small laundry room here as well. Took a few water exercise classes in the mornings. Also liked the fitness center albeit small with a few treadmills, eliptical, free weights, and weight machines. The fitness center is on the "sister" property - Sedona Springs Resort, and you can use it any time. We went virtually every morning to kick start our day. Free wifi throughout with plenty of reliable service was a blessing for those of us who travel with our tech.

We spent most our days out exploring the gorgeous area. Hiking and biking trails are everywhere for the most inexperienced or the most advanced rock climber. It snowed our first day and the result was glorious, gorgeous scenery.

Food? Abounds! With several natural foods stores within easy walking distance, several varied types of restaurants also within easy walking distance, and a gamut of virtually anything you need within a short drive. Troia Italian restaurant is at the back entrance of the property and is very good. Natural grocers is across the street and has a good selection of natural and organic food if that's what you like, or there's a grocery a block away and a Safeway less than a mile away. Seriously, you will not want for anything here.

Room Tip: The 2-bedrooms are really all very good with lots of room for four very comfortably.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Navy_Lady

Reviewed 30 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week on an RCI timeshare trade. We had a 1 bedroom/loft, and I couldn't believe all the room we had. We had 2 patios and 2 balconies, all very private and quiet. The unit was furnished very well with kitchen supplies, towels, etc., and very well-maintained. It was a short walk to the outdoor pool, which was quiet and relaxing, and the indoor lap pool, which had windows all around. The location was so convenient--we walked to Basha's (a great grocery store), restaurants (our favorite was Troia's--Italian--small, intimate, great food and service--we went there 3 times, and were treated like old friends), and the movie theater. Also, if you like to walk, you are just next to a residential area, with steep streets to give you a good workout and beautiful views.

One of the best things about this property was the office staff. They were friendly and helpful, and never once bugged us about buying/upgrading a timeshare.

Room Tip: I would only book the one bedroom/loft, as I loved multiple patios/balconies.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We had previously booked Views Inn of Sedona but the week before our trip I did some searching and found Villas of Sedona. On their website they mentioned a 40% discount if booking visit was within the week which was the case with us and it applied. What a bargain it was!

Typically the One King Bedroom plus Loft which accommodates up to 6 people would cost $195 per night plus tax. We were able to get the place for $117 plus tax.

We are a family of five and this really was a very surprisingly comfortable place.

When I booked I asked to be locted close to the pool - we were in unit 27 which back directly to the club house and the pool - it could not have been more convenient location wise.

Our king bedroom had a flat screen tv and door to the shared upstairs bathroom - with a shower, no tub. The bathroom was nicely appointed with tiling and a sky light. Travel size soaps, lotions, shampoo and conditioners were provided.

There was a loft with a sleeper sofa just across the hall from our bedroom. It could sleep two people. We had thought our girls 6 and 12 could sleep there but the railing came up about 3 feet or so and opened up to the livng room below - we decided to be safe we would have our 18 year old nephew sleep in there and girls share the pull our sofa bed in the living room.

We used the kitchen for dinner once and had breakfast in each day. Everything we needed was provided - coffee maker - even a few coffee filters. Silverware, plates, cups, glasses, wineglasses, wine bottle opener - all provided.

Dish soap and dish washer tablets provided.

Lots of towels, even paper towels in the kitchen with backups.

Everything was extremely clean.

Flatscreen tv and gas fireplace in the living room.

We very much enjoyed the area in which Villas of Sedona is positioned. It is western Sedona outside of the very touristy/ commercial downtown which we liked. It's surrounded by supermakets - Basha's and Safeway along with a variety of restaurants - we recommend Palace of India. The Coffee Pot (once owned by Jane Russell) is also just up the road and is a good place for breakfast and nostalgia.

The pool had terrific hours - open from 8am until 10pm. There is a hot tub too next to the pool.

The clubhouse has lots of activities for children. We had the pleasure of seeing Cowboy Bob one night - he sang songs and told some funny stories.

Ping Pong and Pool table located in the club house for added kid entertainment.

Check in was a breeze. Check out was very simple too.

I have to say I was surprised at how happy we were with EVERYTHING from location to amenities in the unit.

I would absolutely stay here again.

Website www.sedonaescape.com

They take credit cards - I do believe though the deposit on the first night is non refundable if you book within the week you are traveling.

Great stay at a really incredible rate with last minute booking discount!

Room Tip: Ask to be near the pool and clubhouse if you have kids.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
15  Thank LinnyR
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed at the Villas of Sedona two years ago and came back with friends over Memorial weekebd because I like the small intimate feel of the resort, all the units are in an oval around the pool and recreational building so it is easy to get around. Units could use some freshening, but I really like the place. Loved having the upstairs balcony and the small porch out back. Had the loft units and the Murphy beds are just as comfy as the regular beds. Sedona Summit down the highway is newer and fancier, but is huge and busy. If you like a quiet place that you can walk to restaurants and shopping, the Villas off Sedona is for you!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank LBevan
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on a timeshare swap. We came with some friends. It was very clean. The 2 upstairs bedrooms were quite large & both had bathrooms. The location was great & the staff was extremely helpful & friendly. They recommended restaurants & places to go. What a great time. Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2012
9  Thank StevenHScher
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here on a time share exchange for something much nicer. The floorplan like the decoration was dated. While the unit is spacious there's a lot of wasted space that could be better utilized. The lower floor was dark with a windowless dining room and the outside deck rather spartan. Only two BBQ's for over 30 units and they were out behind the parking area. Only one BBQ was working and we has to "borrow" a lighter each time we cooked our dinner. There's a nice sized pool area with hot tub which made for a family friendly set up. If you're trading on RCI and looking for something a bit more luxurious you can do better at the Sedona Summit. If you're travelling with a group and you want space then this would work.

Room Tip: Phone ahead to make your reqests. You could be poolside or away from the pool
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SecheltWanderer
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We liked our room at the Villas of Sedona but did not have a good check-in or check-out experience. We arrived around 3:30 for check-in and were told I could do the paperwork now but was encouraged to drive around for 30 min or more since check in was not until 4:00 p.m. My son was not feeling well, which I told them so driving around was not an option. They said we could go to the clubhouse on property and wait there, which we did but since the resort was empty would have appreciated being able to check in 20 -30 minutes early. The staff in the clubhouse were great, friendly, personable and helped us feel comfortable as we waited. They had a wii, tv's on and pet snakes for the kids to look at. I received a call close to 4:00 saying my room was now ready. We went to get the keys and entered the room. We found the room had a queen bed downstairs, and master suite upstairs and a murphy bed in the loft outside the mastersuite. We have two kids so this layout was not appropriate for us. I returned to the office to inquire if they had any other configurations, was told no since they don't have 3 bedrooms. I said I didn't want a 3 bedroom just a two bedroom with two bed in one room. The manager then came out, selected another room and walked us over. This unit had 2 twin beds in the downstairs bedroom and the mastersuite upstairs. I wished they would have offered me some choices when I checked in initally to avoid this hassle of having to haggle for the right configuration for us. Ask when you check in what the room configuration will be before you leave the office. Once in our room we had a great time. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook here and eat our meals. The area had lots of hiking trails, shopping and restaurants. We ate at the Cowboy Club on our last night, expensive but a fun atmosphere and menu (rattlesnake meatballs and catus fries are still being talked about in our house). We also at at Picazzo's pizza, which we walked to from our unit. Yummy fresh organic food. We wanted to return but ran out of time. We hiked Doe Mountain and Bell mountain and took a side overnight trip to the Grand Canyon. At time of check out we were loading the car at 11:00 a.m. We had a knock at the front door which was housekeeping indicating that we were supposed to be out by 11:00. We apologized we were running a few minutes late and said we would be out as quickly as we could. A minute after housekeeping left our front door, the phone rang. It was the housekeeping office telling me we were supposed to be out at 11:00 and they would give us 10 min. If we were not out by 11:15 they would need to charge us a late fee. I said yes I was just informed we needed to be out and we were loading up the car. Less than 3 minutes later as we are cleaning up the kitchen and carrying luggage out the phone rang again. This time is was the office letting us know we were supposed to be out. I told them I had been so informed, did not want a late fee and that if they stopped calling me to tell me to leave then I could help pack up the car. We rushed to get everything out of the unit. We have done trades with RCI for 10 years and have never been so harrased at check-out time. It took away some of the nice times we had at this resort. If check out is so strict then there should be some communication about that at check in or a reminder call at 10:30 to all guests about this very strict check out policy.

We did use the pool which was nice. We used the laundry which was not far from the unit and not busy. We stayed here as an RCI trade of our 2 bedroom unit for another 2 bedroom unit. Good trade if you can avoid the check in and check out issues we had.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family