“loss of clothing - be careful ! !”

Los Abrigados Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Los Abrigados Lodge
Ranked #18 of 21 Speciality Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I left clothing that had personal value on the first drawer under the TV.
Right after check out, the supervisor checked the room, then the housekeeper did his/her job and then the supervisor checked again. Nothing was found. Magic ! ! The clothing just desappeared.

I wrote a letter to the manager asking for some kind of compensation. These were the options presented by the manager: claim to the insurance company or report it to the police, which one would you take?

Well, the security is not really good at that resort, and it seems that they do not want to recognize it, I accept the resposibility.

About the resort, what can I say? That incident just ruined any other good thought that I might had about it.

Just this, NEVER AGAIN.

If you leave the room, just take with you anything that might have some value to you.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Los Abrigados Lodge

Reviewed 24 March 2009

We arrived with no reservations. Stumbled on Los Abrigados Lodge. Good value compared to other places we checked ($220 for 3 nights). We loved the view of the red hills to the east from our balcony. Loved the suite - great king size bed, nice living area with gas fire place. Large bathroom, kitchenette. Nice small pool & hot tub for the cool evenings. Great location in the more "quaint area" of Sedona. Good restaurants within walking distance (no construction here).

Lots of hiking in and outside the town. $15 for hiking pass (we bought ours from machine at a trailhead. Luckily we had a 4WD so didn't need to do any jeep tours. Some roads are almost impassable by car.

Great place, would definately go back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2008

We purchased 2 nights at THE LODGE on E Bay for $40.00 . I read alot of reviews about this place, some good ,some bad. I had no idea what to expect. We wanted to check out Sedona and were in the area , soooooooo what did we have to lose ?? $40?? We arrived about 4 pm. We got a very friendly welcome and were checked in right away. The room was clean, had a large bed with a great quilt on it and plenty of pillows. The room had lotion, shampoo, a couple of soaps , a powerful shower ,a hair dryer, a micro wave and a coffee maker.We put our waters in the frige, used the coffee, sugars and creamers to make our coffee in the morning.We looked out the window, over our patio and the view was one of the best we have ever seen. Even the view on the parking lot side was outstanding.Part of the $40. deal was that we had to take a tour of the RESORT. It was a nice place but we have stayed at better. The tour lasted 2 hour and our host could not believe that we did not want to purchase. She was not high pressure but her attitude really changed after we said NO for the 3rd time. We got a $100. gift coupon that we used for a Pink Jeep tour,that was GREAT ( another review ) All in all it was a very nice, cheap time in Sedona. They payed us $60. to stay in their lodge and tour their resort NOT SUCH A BAD DEAL AT ALL if you are a CHEAP smack like me !!!!! The only problem was that they roll up the streets of Sedona after dinner. Everything was closed by 8pm.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CQtopgun
Reviewed 9 November 2008

My husband and I stayed at Los Abrigados for a week.
We exchanged our Palm Desert timeshare for a stay in Sedona.
We had 2 rooms. One for us and one for our friends who traveled with us.
The place is very well located. It's next to Tlequepaque, an amazing shopping and restaurant historical center. It has many galleries with works by local artists and the best restaurant in Sedona called Rene.
I agreee that the rooms are a little dated and could use some renovation. But they are comfortable and the little kitchenette is very functional, considering its small size.
The front desk clerks are very attentive and the concierge service was very good.
We attended a timeshare presentation in exchange for some train tour tickets.
Our friends ended up signing up for a timeshare.
The salesperson was not too pushy.
All and all I would say that it's a pleasant place to stay.
What I love the most is the fact that it's within walking distance of so many restaurants, galleries, hiking tracts etc. etc.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2008

This was my first time I was tricked into checking out a time share. I went into a tourist information center that I later found wasn't really a tourist information center, but an center that leeches on tourist to try to bring them into a time share presentation. The women lured us in by telling us we could get a free nights stay if we go to a 90 minute presentation. Being I am young I thought the presentation wouldn't be pressured into buying time share. I will say it was not worth the $100 dollars to be pressured into time share.

Presenter of the time share, acted like she was our best friend until we would not buy her overpriced timeshare. She even got her "sales manager" who was really rude to try to talk us into buying. He even said, why did you come if you where just coming for the free gift. Which was uncalled for. We were kind of trick into it. I make more then $100/ hr, so doing the time share presentation for a $100 free gift would be a waste of my time.

I will say, the rooms looked really outdated and I honestly you couldn't pay me to stay there. It has an aura of evil about it. They did show us what the remodeled rooms with look like, they did look like. But honestly. overpriced time share isn't worth it. I would rather invest my money in actual property I can visit anytime I want. rather then pretending that I own property, from an overpriced hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank professionalnomad1
Reviewed 24 September 2008

My husband and I had a great stay. The rooms are very nice with a beautiful view and right in the heart of town. Only one very important detail. If you do the tour and do not purchase (I did not find it to be high pressure to buy) they will have you sign a paper saying you received a paper they will give you. We did not purchase and was happy to be leaving and getting on with our vacation, I asked "what is this I am signing", he said that "I gave you this paper". I signed and read the paper afterwards (GOOD THING)! because it instucted that unless you turn that paper in at check out you will be billed for the entire cost fo the room. Many folks don't read these days but this is one time you need to follow thru! I informed the office at check out of what happened, letting them know it would be nice if they would give that heads up when giving the paper to the people. Loved Sedona, I think you will too!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NJTravelbugs
Reviewed 2 September 2008

Came into this deal as I donated a vehicle to Kars for Kids. Received my tax deductible donation receipt , + a free 3 day 2 night stay (contingent upon attending a 90 minute timeshare presentation). So my friend and I complied. I was asked to make a good faith deposit of $50.00 in which would be returned to me at the end of my stay after I attended the 90 minute presentation.Check in time was 4pm but we were able to check in at 3:30pm. The room was clean and cozy, yes the front is the parking lot which houses tour buses and jeeps for the many excursions but by the evening time, that is cleared out. The balcony had wonderful views of the gorgeous red rocks. There was housekeeping service and always a worker ensuring the gounds were tidy. We did not mind the room at all. Especially since we were not going to be staying in it the majority of the time, just for showering and sleeping. The bed was clean and very comfortable, I did not have a bad experience at all.

We attended the required timeshare presentation but it was not 90 minutes as they state- we arrived at 11:45 am in hopes of being able to fulfill our obligation earlier but ended up leaving at 2:45pm. I was forewarned by the locals that the LOS ABRIGADOS Timeshare presentation would : 1)last more than 90 minutes and 2) they are more high pressured sales. This person gave me some advice and stated that the only way to get out of this timeshare game was to state that I had another appointment.
This was true! Although the saleswoman was very delightful, we knew she was doing her sales job. So just like buying a car, they bring in their closers and their corporate rep to triple check that you are not interested in purchasing your $30k timeshare that you can use for a week once a yr, plus your maint fees, etc.....
Yes, I am definately positive that I do not want to pay more than my mortgage at %18 interest for soemthing that I will not be assured I can use- thank you. So then the Corp rep - Trenice or some name like that, was perturbed and irritated with me (aww) and said, "well if you think our timeshare is too expensive I should call DIAMOND Intl ( our 2nd appointment) and give them a heads up", I was like. Ok, when do I get my reimbursement of my deposit here. He led us out of the piranhha cage (aka CLUBHOUSE) and told us to wait in the courtyard. We were given and envelope to give to the hotel concierge. Inside was a check for my reimbursement and the letter stating I met my obligation.
During the presentation we were told that Los Abrigados Lodge is actually the Marketing portion of the Resort. That is to lure people into the presentation and sort of the appetizer.
Yes I did not mind viewing the actual older spanish style condos that they are trying to sell you but, if you are not in the market for it, there will not be any appeal.
But for a free weekend where I just spent a little time, it definately was worth it.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends