“Great motel!”
Review of Matterhorn Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedona
Matterhorn Inn
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 12 January 2009

This is a great little motel in the middle of town! It's within walking distance of all the shops, many of the restaurants, and right up the street from the Pink Jeeps Tours, which many people take while they're there. The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice and clean, what else do you need? And considering the prices of some of the other places, I would say this place offers the best value in Sedona.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank destinationsomewhere
There are newer reviews for Matterhorn Inn

Reviewed 5 January 2009

We were headed to California to visit family & seeing some sights along the way. We planned to see Sedona, but did not have a reservation anywhere. We needed a place to stay that accepted pets. We were completely pleased with our choice, not only because of the price! Our total price per night including $20 for our small dog & taxes, was $110.00. While the rooms are not spacious, they are very well appointed, extremely clean and great fresh bedding. We were also pleased with the friendliness & helpfulness of the management & employees. But the best is the view & location! We were on the ground floor because of our pet. Our patio had a small table & two chairs. We kept a chilled bottle of wine in our small fridge & made a point to return to our room in time to enjoy the view of the sunset on the mountains from our patio. We hope to return again to Sedona & will without a doubt stay here again...even if we do not have our pet with us! By the way, December is a great time to visit Sedona & the Grand Canyon because there are no crowds & lower rates!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sissy317
Reviewed 11 December 2008

My husband & I stayed one night in Sedona on 11-29-08. We chose the Matterhorn b/c of the reviews on TA. It was perfect for what we needed. We were on the 2nd room, overlooking uptown.
The room has a fridge & coffee maker. The bathroom is a little small, but it was fine. I would stay again.

2  Thank hogfans
Reviewed 8 December 2008

This is a no-frills but very clean and comfortable motel with spectacular views and a very handy location right on the main street in Sedona. Good beds, spacious rooms. The price cannot be beat for all that.

1  Thank Marci_M
Reviewed 6 December 2008

I'd seen the great reviews for this hotel here, and so we went with it! We got a great rate for Sedona ($119/night). We are actually here in the hotel room this moment, using the free WiFi (nice bonus) in our double room with views of the gorgeous red Sedona rocks. Every room has a view and patio overlooking the rocks and the cute little town shops. Tastefully decorated, with nice touches like granite counter tops.
The down side is the size of the beds (full) and they could be more comfortable. The bathroom is also extremely tiny. But those are not deal breakers.
Don't hesistate to stay here at the Matterhorn Inn, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank toulousaine
Reviewed 1 December 2008

We visited Sedona for a Wedding in Oak Creek area. I was torn between this hotel and the Hampton Inn which was around the same price. Even though I usually stick with Hiltons because they are typically clean and reliable and I like to get my points, I decided to take the gamble since the reviews for this hotel were good and we really wanted to be right in town. We were not disappointed.

The rooms are typical size and clean with a great view. The only downside is that the bathroom was very small and on the outside wall - so that if you opened the window you felt like the people outside were inside the room. Not a deal breaker.

The nicest part about the hotel is that it is quaint. I would guess a family owened/operated, but I did not ask. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived late, after the office is closed for the evening and they were very friendly and happy to accomodate us. Just be sure to call if you are arriving late so that you can get instructions on where to find your room key. They also had great recomendations for things to do. We had little time to spare and I wanted to get my nails done. Since I was low on time, I wasn't really looking for a spa-type experience. The girl at the front desk recommended a great little nail place (Chi Chi's Nails) that served my purpose perfectly. I got a great Manicure and Pedicure for $40 total!

If you are going on the Pink Jeep Tour - highly recomended - they have 10% off coupons at the front desk.

If I visit Sedona again, I would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank MFO-0506
Reviewed 13 November 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Matterhorn for 2 nights during our trip to Sedona. The rooms were spotless, and most, or perhaps all, have beautiful red rock views. It's tempting to leave your blinds open all night so you can catch the sunrise. :) Check-in was easy, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The pool was closed for winter, but we had the squeaky-clean hot tub all to ourselves.

The location is good in that it's close to a lot of shops. They are quite touristy and overpriced shops, and everyone wants to sell you a timeshare. You might want to catch the free shuttlebus right outside the door and see more of Sedona. No breakfast is provided at the hotel --the Wild Bread company at the Hyatt complex, a few blocks south, is excellent for an inexpensive breakfast.

Parking directly behind the hotel is limited, and you may have to park in the dark overflow lot. Fortunately, Sedona isn't a terribly rough place. Overall, the Matterhorn is just fine, and reasonably priced during the low season.