“LOVED Mattorhorn Inn.”
Review of Matterhorn Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sedona
Matterhorn Inn
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Torrance, CA
“LOVED Mattorhorn Inn.”
Reviewed 14 March 2007

My friend and I had a very satisfying stay at the Mattorhorn. The view was excellent, and I remember trying to decide between Best Western and Mattorhorn, but opted for the cheaper option of the Mattorhorn for financial reasons, thinking I would have to compromise the view... to my pleasant surprise, I felt I got the better deal with just as great a view! (They are located right across the street from each other) The room was spacious and comfortable. Location is ideal as its right in the middle of the shopping area) I was also very pleased by the man at the front desk who kindly called me on my cell many times to let me know that my airline company was trying to contact me regarding delayed luggage.

• Liked — Location and price
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank mellamochiko

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Ottawa
Reviewed 11 March 2007

We loved the Matterhorn Inn. Read the reviews before we booked and were a bit leary of the bathroom reviews but were pleasantly surprised with our room. Balcony looking at scenery to die for, large airy room. Shelley greeted us at the desk when we arrived. She gave us lots of touring tips, made reservations for us at Rene's (Wow! Expensive but food to die for in a very lovely setting). We took a Pink Jeep tour to the Indian Ruins. Had a very informative guide named John! Had a great breakfast at The Wildflower Bread Company (tip from Shelley) just a few blocks away from the Matterhorn. Loved Sedona. The scenery is breathtaking. Oak Canyon was beautiful also, toured it on our way to Sedona travelling from Grand Canyon.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with friends
7 Thank KanataLady
Chicago
Reviewed 8 March 2007

Well, when I was there in Jan-07, it was still not completed at the road next to the hotel. But they let me stay the room as far as possible to the construction and I had no issue. Now, i just wanted to everyone to know that the construction is OVER, DONE-DONE!!! I was at Sedona from 2/28 to 3/4. This time, I tried one of vacation rentals instead of any hotels. But I did visit Uptown Sedona to see how things are done. It was beautifully done and no more construction trucks or noise. So, I will be back Matterhorn Inn if my stay is short and need a hotel.

• Stayed January 2007
6 Thank LovTripAlways
Germany
Reviewed 2 March 2007

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in Oct 2006 on the way back from Grand Canyon. Took day trips to Prescott, Jerome, Clarkdale, Tuzigoot NM, Montezuma Castle and of course the lovely serene Walnut Creek. Despite the unavoidable construction going on in front of the hotel (main road), my husband and I still enjoyed our stay. A lovely elderly man manning the reception was very helpful. Free internet, smack in the middle of Sedona - shopping, restaurant, 2 hrs from Grand Canyon South Rim.

Stayed October 2006
5 Thank Global_Citizen18
ca
Reviewed 23 February 2007

What a wonderful place. The views were amazing. The rooms were tastefully done and clean. I have read other reviews with complaints of road construction, but all of that is completed. The Matterhorn is easy to access by car and/or foot. Being right in the heart of "Uptown Sedona" was great for my husband and I with our three small children. Close to lots of shopping and many choices of great restuarants.

Thanks, Matterhorn Staff.
The livelys

Stayed February 2007
6 Thank eandslively
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 February 2007

We were impressed with the hotel for the price. We paid $150 for two nights using an online special on the Matterhorn Inn webiste. Thisis a no frills hotel but the rooms were clean and looked well maintained.

When we arrived, the hotel staff who checked us in was very friendly. The hotel has two stories (request a room on the second floor). We stayed on the second floor were the views are spectacular and it was nice to sit out on the balcony. There is a mini frig in the room. No microwave in the room.

The bathroom is very small , but the water pressure was good and there was plenty of hot water. The walls seem to be paper thin but the hotel AC/Heat has a fan that is loud enough to keep you from hearing your neighbors.

There is a free trolley that stops in front of Matterhorn Inn that takes you to the shops and resturants. Be sure to visit Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village and eat at the Oak Creek Pub & Grill. They have great food and large portions.

• Liked — Views from Room
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
7 Thank TravelMel72
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2007

We paid $150 per night (AAA rate) for a family of four sharing one room (plus tax of about $20). For the price, the location and accomodations were excellent. The motel is two stories - parking outside the lower level is convenient and free and reserved for motel guests. Rooms have fantastic views directly across to the red rocks - you can watch the sunrise while lying in bed! The bathrooms were small, but clean - not modern, but had a fridge, coffee maker, hairdryer. Located right in the middle of town - easy walking to local restaurants and food spots. No breakfast / food at motel. We were here over a weekend so no construction noise, but there was evidence of major construction going on outside both directly in front of the south end of the hotel and on the road on the south side of the motel. I would ask about it before booking, or request a room at the north end of the motel, where there didn't appear to be any construction

• Liked — fantastic view, great central location, great price
  • Disliked — small shower / bathroom (minor issue)
  • Tips/Secrets — ask about construction outside to see if finished yet
  • Stayed December 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank LondonUnveiled