“nice, clean, and comfortable”

Sedona Pines Resort
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed at the Sedona Pines after a friend gave me time share points she couldn't use. Overall my stay was quite nice. I had read some reviews about the Sedona Pines Resort being a "trailer park". I wasn't expecting much but I figured it was a free vacation. Yes, these are "pre-fab" type places but they are quite nicely equipped and modernized. Like little cottages. Great AC, equipped kitchen, bath, grill, dish soap, dishwasher, laundry detergent, stove top, microwave, 2 TV's DVD players, sponge, grills tools, etc...No complaints. The one bedroom is great for 1-2 people but for more it would be a tight squeeze. If you have more than 2 people please know the toilet is about 4 feet from the bed! Also, this place had towels galore. Towels everywhere which was nice for the pool. I was impressed. Free laundry too. Parking right in front of the unit.
Actually it was nice not to have other people wall to wall to you. The only thing I heard a night were wild dogs/coyotes howling! The pool was average. Clean and safe and basic.
I saved money by cooking in. 3 supermarkets in town. A Wal-Mart is in Cottonwood. I picked up a cheap cooler there to save on buying snacks and drinks while touring around.
The resort is just few miles from down town Sedona. I found it very touristy. Many shops selling the same 10 things (t-shirts, dream catchers, shot glasses, magnets). I highly recommend Jerome where real artists are selling unique art, jewelry, etc...The prices were good. I was able to complete most of my Christmas shopping. Very cool area.
At the Sedona Pines I purposely did not go to the orientation so I wouldn't get sucked into the time share! Skip it!
This is not a 4 star luxurious place but nice, clean, and comfortable!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank SandraBoston

Reviewed 26 September 2011

there is so much to do in sedona. Especially site seeing. The resort was ok. I was hoping it would have a little more character to it. It wasn't very resorting just a bunch of condo type dwellings in the desert. they do have minature golf which is good for kids.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dolphinnikki83
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed at the Sedona Pines Resort over the Labor Day weekend and loved it. The cottage style units were perfect. They have a fully equipped kitchen, a deck, dining room and queen size bed. It's like a miniature house. It's a couple of miles from downtown Sedona. It has a very nice bistro and restaurant. The food was great. You can walk easily to the pool and restaurant. It's close to the parks. It's a easy drive to the Grand Canyon. We will stay at this resort again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry47087
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Best things about resort:
Having know one above, below or attached to you and being able to park right in front. The grounds are also really lovely with rivers and waterfalls flowing through out.

Best attractions or restaurants nearby:
Sedona center is just a few minutes away giving you all the amenities you could need. Don't miss going on the Verde Canyon Railroad for the 4 hour train ride. Check out Jerome, the trolley tours, Slide Rock State Park (very cool!) and ofcourse The Grand Canyon. Great restaurants to try were L'Auberge Hotel - dine right beside the Oak Creek, Enchantment Hotel - beautiful view of the red rock from the restaurant, The Barking Frog, The Cowboy Club - great burgers, Javelina Cantina - great mexicana, and the best we experienced was at The Asylum in the Jerome Grand Hotel - fabulous views and food!

Review:
We had read many of the reviews here and are sooooo happy we ignored the negative ones. We own at a Gold Crown Resort so compare all others to our home resort. We were very pleased with Sedona Pines Resort in all aspects and would definitely return one day. The staff were excellent including the maintenance workers that are continually working to keep the grounds, rivers, waterfalls, gardens and BBQ's clean. The cottages are small but very well designed and the use of the space is excellent. There is tons of storage space in the bedroom. The bed was really comfortable. There are lots of towels. The furniture was in good condition.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank micheleholmes1
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We totally enjoyed our stay at Sedona Pines.

Had read reviews before going so expected the smaller footprint of the casita. Actually it felt bigger than we anticipated, except the bedroom which was a little close, but not terrible either. It was cute and very different from a normal hotel or resort stay - liked the privacy of the individual units. Would certainly stay here again.

We spent most of our week here offsite hiking and exploring. You do need a car to fully enjoy the area. Spent most nights in town - good variety of restaurants available. Not really much to do here in the evening. We did play tennis once - free rackets and balls at the front desk - and enjoyed mini-golf on there free course another evening.

We did use the pool a couple of days, was clean but simple with a small hot tub. No poolside service, although you could place an order inside at the bar and pay and they would bring it out to you.

For such a small and unimposing restaurant the food was remarkably good - rated right up there with a couple of the top end downtown establishments.

Based on unit and amenities I would give it a solid 3.5*. It doesn't pretend to be a 5* star resort and as long as that is not what you are expecting you should enjoy yourself. RCI has it rated a Gold Crown - which is based on amenities not necessarily luxury - and I feel it deserves it.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the pool and restaurant the better.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Very Clean! Lovely pool. Beautiful star gazing! Staff is very friendly and the program presented was interesting. We would come back. We traveled with another couple and we had a 3 bedroom combo unit with a deck in between. Worked out very well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TXAnne
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Me and my family visited the Sedona Pines Resort and enjoyed our stay. The property is well kept, as well as the unit we stayed in (the Casita). We especially enjoyed the pool and the mini golf course on site. If we go back to Sedona, I would definitely consider staying at Sedona Pines again.

Room Tip: The Casita has more amenities than the other units. It has lndry, kng sz bd, flt scrn tvs, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family