“Nice Resort, Well Maintained, Comfortable, Accommodating”

Sedona Pines Resort
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Vista, California
“Nice Resort, Well Maintained, Comfortable, Accommodating”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed here for a week. Very comfortable, clean, bright, well appointed. We enjoyed our stay. The staff were very accommodating. They have a mid week cleaning service which is really nice The food and service at the Bistro are excellent. Trent is the Chef and his wife, Kelly is an excellent hostess. The menu is very creative and delicious. We will return!

Room Tip: The rooms with the stream running behind are very nice. We were in cabin 712. I would suggest a un...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank steve c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Knightdale, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My friend and I just returned from a week at the Sedona Pines resort in Sedona, AZ. What adorable cottages, with every comfort of home. They packed a lot of amenities in a small space, and used every nook and cranny for storage.

There was just enough room for two of us in the one-bedroom unit, using the pull out sofa and the bedroom. It took a little maneuvering to get around one another, but it was really quite comfortable overall.

Big beautiful windows allowed natural light in every room, and the water features running throughout the resort were soothing and peaceful.

The location was great - just outside the city limits.

I'd definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Every cottage has a lovely deck, with access to the 'creek' bubbling just outside the bedroo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank MarieB605
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We really liked Sedona Pines - they have thought of just about everything one could want. The cottage was very clean, and the grounds were lovely and well-landscaped. The kitchen had just about every implement one could want, and there are windows everywhere, plus high ceilings. There are all kinds of cabinets in every room. It was nice to have cleaning service once during midweek, as well as DVD rentals at the office (although it is time for them to upgrade the tvs). The laundry room was quite nice, too. The only negative was the lack of space in the bedroom for a king-size bed and the sheets and towels - they were not soft. I would recommend at least bringing your own pillow cases. But these issues will not deter us from coming to SP again. We really liked having our own, stand-alone cottage with parking right outside the front door and a lovely, large deck.

Room Tip: Cottages at the back of the property are in the quietest setting.
3 Thank JillPC
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 28 May 2012

If you're expecting a lavish, spacious five star facility, keep looking. These cottages are single wide trailers. Ours was beautifully furnished and equipped. Parking was available right by the door. The resort was clean, quiet and well cared for.
Free laundry facility. Adults only hot tub. The lady who checked us in seemed bored and tired but every other person we dealt with was great.
The wifi is spotty but you can get a strong signal in the reception area. AT and T does not reach this resort. I was unable to use my phone or iPad. Apparently this is a known problem that the resort has tried to remedy but the phone company can't help.

Room Tip: If you need wifi, tell the clerk. Some rooms have better reception than others.
2 Thank SilverPenguin
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We were there 4 nights and had a great time. The cottage (as they call them) was close to the pool and was in excellent condition. We were told they were 15 years old but that is hard to believe because they looked fairly new. The cottage was like a single wide modular home. It was too narrow. The bedroom was too small and the kitchen area too narrow (people had a hard time passing through the kitchen when others were cooking). The bathroom (toilet) was about 4 feet from my head while in bed. Side door has see-through material covering the glass. You need to close the bathroom door so that people outside don't see you (at night). Internet (wireless) worked great and was fairly fast. Be careful to log out after using since the wireless isn't secure and doesn't require a password. It was enjoyable walking around in the mornings and evenings. There is a swing that we found and enjoyed swinging and listening to music (on my phone). Pool was nice and clean and good size. They have a lagoon spa just for adults to enjoy. The tennis court was very small and not in very good condition (see photo). I don't think kids would have a lot to do here at the resort except swim. They did have a minature golf setup which was okay but nothing special. The food in the Bistro was excellent but a little high for what you get. Drinks were good. We didn't use the laundry or gym. The people there were all very friendly. The maintenance crew picks up your trash (put it out before 10 am) and they are constantly raking the rocks to have everything perfect. The location was very close to Sedona (gas, Safeway store, etc.). The literature we read said you can't bring pets but we were told by a salesman that they are dog friendly (didn't see any dogs). You can park your car in front of the cottage (this is very convenient). We had a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage near the pool/bistro to cut down on walking. Stay away from the cottages on the l...
5 Thank Ted W
North Carolina
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed for 4 nights and had a fairly nice time. We booked through RCI. Our unit was close to the laundry which was great because I really needed to do some. Check-in was quick and easy, checking out was fine except for the $45 resort fee that we were charged (which probably pays for the "free" internet wifi, "free" laundromat, "free" gym, etc). I think that since the resort fee is a mandatory charge, they should just charge it at the beginning of your stay instead of zapping you with it when you're about to leave. It really was the only irritating thing about our stay.

The resort is a few miles outside of the tourist area of downtown Sedona so a car is necessary. It's quiet and the units (or cottages) are spaced far enough apart that you don't hear your neighbors at all. I liked that we don't share a wall with anybody unlike a hotel where you can hear your neighbors flushing the toilet, taking a shower or talking. My husband I took daily walks at dusk and except for the maintenance golf carts, we sometimes felt like we were all alone.

The one-bedroom unit is small. We're not big people and it was still tight in both the bedroom and bathroom. The shower/tub was pretty spacious, though and the water pressure was nice. There was plenty of storage in the bedroom and bathroom for all our stuff. The kitchen is galley-style and has room for only one person to work in there. But we ate only breakfast in the cottage and spent our days out. When we arrived in our unit, the table was set and the radio was on and playing some very relaxing music. The kitchen was stocked with everything we needed and there were more than enough towels for the two of us. The unit has lots of windows so it feels very open and spacious. I liked all the light coming in but my husband didn't like it so much early in the morning when he was trying to sleep in!

We used the laundromat, the adult spa, and played mini-golf but we didn't do any of the scheduled activities.

I found that most of the recent photos I found on the internet of Sedona Pines were accurate. The resort itself is very clean and looks to be regularly maintained. Frankly it was way better than I thought it would be despite reading some unhappy reviews about it being in a "mobile home with stucco". The units are so much better than that. I'm really glad I stayed here. Overall, it was a great stay and I would consider it again next time we're in Sedona.

2 Thank MollyMick
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 15 May 2012

After my first visit I became an owner via internet resale. I have returned every other year for 10 years and I am still enchanted by the impeccable grounds and fine service delivered by all the personnel at Sedona Pines.
The pool and spa are excellent along with the gym and laundry areas.
Something I learned recently is that The Bistro restaurant on site is owned by a separate company. The food was simply amazing and I think it's sad that this hidden treasure is unknown in the rest of Sedona proper. If you stay here, eat at home! There is no need to go out to all the other fine restaurants in the area.
When I asked the membership director she advised me that rooms should be booked via Expedia.
If you are there on a day when all the activities are discussed, be certain to go. Many different vendors come in to describe their tours so you have a great idea of what to expect. On this trip we did the Verde Valley Railway and it was outstanding. Last time we went to the Grand Canyon and it too was very well assembled.
You will be quite content at Sedona Pines and be grateful that you are not in the middle of the tourist chaos in downtown Sedona.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends