“Too small”

Sedona Pines Resort
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed here for a week as a timeshare exchange. The two bedroom unit ( with bedroom 2 detached from the main building) was very small in all aspects. Minimum amount of linen provided. Quite a distance outside main town area. Not advisable for teenagers. Would not stay here again.Beds extremely uncomfortable. Heated pool, freezing!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank JoyLeese

Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at Sedona Pines and were later joined by our two friends and their son in a very charming and efficient two bedroom/two bathroom unit at Sedona Pines. Everything was immaculate and the staff couldn't be any friendly and accomdating. The units were a little on the small size, but realy perfect and had all that was needed. The resort is located about 5 miles south of Sedona on 89a, but really not far away from all of the sights and stores in Sedona. We transferred out week to this resort and would definitely go back. A perfect stay. The laudry room was close by and washers and dryers were freee for the use of guests of th resort, a nice touch.. Hank & Pan

Room Tip: All the units are pretty much the same, so no bad choices in this resort.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Roscoe T
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed here with my sister, her bf and his friend. I believe it was the friend's time share so I am not sure what he paid for our cottage. With that said it is hard for me to determine the value. However, as a hotel manager myself (of a Hampton Inn) I was very pleased with the cottage. The cottages were built in 1998 I believe and for being 14 years old they are extremely well maintained. I slept on the pull-out sofa and it was probably one of the more comfortable pull-out sofas I've ever had to sleep on. I did not feel the bars in my back like you normally do. The kitchen is well stocked with cooking utensils. Although the kitchen is small it was better than being stuck in a hotel room all week! We were able to make breakfast each morning with no problems. The landscaping is very pretty with fountains pouring into man-made creeks running through each row of cottages. The location was perfect- it took us no time to get to restaurants and shops. The most important thing was the cleanliness. I did my usual dust check on several surfaces throughout the cottage and was pleasantly surprised by how clean it was. I'm not sure how someone could label this place as a trailer park- surely they have not been in a trailer park before. I stayed at a Waldorf-Astoria (Casa Marina) in Key West just one week prior to staying here and I must say the cottage was much more clean than my hotel room in the Waldorf was. Although there is no view of the red rocks there is still a very pretty sunset as you can see in my pictures.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kellymatera
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stayed here for a week with a group of friends, we had two units side by side. Peaceful sunrises, watched the hot air balloons go over every morning. Place was clean and up to day. Didn't try the restaurant on site, so many other places in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beachkat1
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We carefully weighed our options for our stay in Sedona in July. After reading the description :"serenity and comfort", "luxury and tranquility, "natural beauty", we decided to book Sedona Pines through RCI exchange.We were shocked when we saw a trailer park layout and no view of the beautiful Sedona red rocks from anywhere on the property. The "trailers" have a facade that prevents them from actually being trailers, even though the inside feels like a trailer. Narrow galley kitchen that only one person can be in at a time. Have to turn sideways to get from one side of the bed to the other....the bath has a large soaking tub, taking up a lot of room. I wonder who takes a bath here? There are a couple of spas on the property if you want a hot soak. And, they are still hot in the middle of July. The pool lacks any character and seems neglected. There were a pile of towels thrown in a corner to be used for pool towels. You could call to the "Bistro" next door for some food as the piece of paper tacked on to a wall said. The Bistro itself trys to be nice however, dispensing a so-called Margarita out of a tap is not nice. The deck outside the trailers has no umbrella or other way to shelter from rain or sun so it is pretty useless. There is a campgroud-type briquet grill on the ground that we couldn't use because it was July. There needs to be a gas grill on the deck so you can actually grill when you want to. There are two community grills: one by the basketball courts, which we tried. It was noisy and unattractive. The other one is up by the maintainance shed...actually looks nicer. The grounds are not that attractive but are well maintained. There are a couple of water features that are unimpressive and a sickly artificial "creek" that goes through. There are stern signs that tells you that you may not put hand or feet in it.
We still enjoyed are Sedona trip. We did lots of hikes and drove through the beautiful red rocks.
Next time we are in Sedona, we will be booking the Wyndam property that has views of the Red Rocks we came to see. We would never stay here again and would advise anyone who asks the same.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fisches
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just think before you accept their offer. The dollars don't add up to what your cost will be. With the maintenance fee and the daily and or weekly use fee ($450 maint fee and $189 week fee + the puchase price $$$) WOW. They are slick talkers but think before you accept the offer. We said no to the sales presenter, we then said no to her manager, then we said no to another guy and then we said no to a fourth guy. The fourth guy said I just want to ask you one more time, and offered a lower price (one more time HA HA). The fourth guy asked and offered better deals 3 times. He then walked us out the back door. And then into the rear where we were given a $25 coupon for lunch at the Bistro. This lunch was also a rip off. We couldn't order the lunch "TO-GO". The lady said it is the rule of the coupon, which she couldn't prove. We ate our lunch two sandwiches and one ice tea $31. of which she had tacked on 15% for her tip. Sandwich was average, service was poor. The park models are permanent RV units. They look nice inside and out, but we couldn't stay or try.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank rbemiller
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We did a time share exchange and ended up at this resort as it was the only one available in Sedona for the week we wanted to go. I was very nervous about the "trailer" type housing, but since most of the previous reviews were positive, we were willing to try. Yes, they are trailers, and are quite small. However, they are very well maintained, nicely decorated and quite comfortable in spite of their size. For such a small kitchen, the kitchen was one of the best stocked kitchens we have ever used (and we have stayed a lot of time shares). They even had really sharp knives (usually the knives are as sharp as butter knives!). The resort is attractively landscaped, has a nice pool and several spas. They also have free laundry in one building which is quite handy. The restaurant on site is pretty good - we only had lunch there once, but heard that dinner was actually very good. The resort is located about 10 minutes from town, but that was not a disadvantage at all as it was an easy drive into Sedona, and there were many grocery stores (3 in fact!) and restaurants much closer. We stayed in the "2-bedroom" which is as described, 2 units connected by a porch. Yes, the living room was a bit tight, but not un-usable. I would say that for small kids this would not be a good place. It would be too small to have 4 people stay in one unit, and you would not want the kids across the porch in another building unless they were older (we have teenagers). Overall, it was a decent place, just maybe not as luxurious as we would have liked for a week's stay.

Room Tip: They all actually good - some closer to pool, some closer to laundry, some better views - you really...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family