“1st Class Trailer”

Sedona Pines Resort
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 1 August 2008

We were dumbfounded when we pulled the car into Sedona Pines. The units are trailers, or small little pre-fab houses. It looks just like a trailer park where every trailer is identical.

Our apprehensions were relieved when we got to our trailer. While very small, it was spotlessly clean, and quite modern.

The only complaint that I had was the wi-fi. The signal was extremely weak and cut in and out all the time. As at most resorts, the people at the front desk have no idea how to fix it, or reboot the router.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank Paul2or3

Reviewed 20 July 2008

We loved our stay at Sedona Pines. We have stayed at several time shares and this is one of the best. It was beautiful, clean, and everyone there did there best to make your stay pleasant. It was not in downtown Sedona it is a few miles west but it is very private. It was so convientant to drive right up to your door. It was the perfect size for the two of us. I wouldn't recommend it for a family of 6. The grounds and ammenities were perfect. We would go back agin in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Silkey51
Reviewed 1 July 2008

I was a little bit worried about staying here… I heard the cottages were too small and this timeshare resort was too far removed from Sedona. What I found was a very pleasant place to stay.
Yes, the cottage could have been bigger, but for my husband and myself it was just fine… no complaints! I found our unit clean and well maintained. The units are not attached and that, coupled with the landscaping, it does have a very private feel to it!
Our unit was right next to the very large, adult-only Jacuzzi spa and it was not noisy at all. The air-conditioning worked wonderfully and my husband really appreciated that!
Every unit has a barbeque grill (bring charcoal) that is cleaned by the ground crew daily. The laundry facility is nice, plenty of washers and dryers, with a TV to help the wait go by quickly.
This timeshare is located about 5 miles away from the town, by the Red Rock Loop and I actually prefer its location! We had no problem taking in all of the sites!
My one complaint is small… there was an odor we reported coming out of the garbage disposal our first morning there… it was immediately looked at, but odor returned the next morning… we reported it a second time and this time they took more time and really investigated the issue… and the problem was gone from that point on. So, it is really a compliment on how quickly they took care of a commonplace issue!
Suggestions for anyone who would want one… We enjoyed:
* A Red Rock Balloon sunrise ride
* A couple hours swimming and sunning at Slide Rock Park
* Seeing Montezuma’s Castle & Well
* Going to V-bar-V site (My favorite! Great petrogylphs!!!)
* Hiking Courthouse Butte Loop Trail
* Hiking Call of the Canyon/West Fork Trail (my husband’s favorite!)
* Spending time at Honanki and Palatki Heritage sites
* Visiting Chapel of the Holy Cross (beware of round-about construction traffic!)
* and shopping and eating in the town of Jerome (I suggest Haunted Hamburger and Belgian Jennie's Bordello Bistro & Pizzeria)

A good day trip is to Page, Arizona to go on the Navajo tour of Antelope Canyon… we had a wonderful time! Page is about 3 hours north, by Lake Powell… but it is not a bad drive at all.

I would also like to mention that the resort has an Arts and Crafts instructor. I took Karlene’s watercolor painting class loved it! She took a lot of time with me and gave me some excellent instruction!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NJoisygirl
Reviewed 28 May 2008

A wonderful report secluded under the Red Rocks of Sedona. This hotel is a timeshare resort, so you get full amenities. It is located about 4 miles away from the town, just far enough to be a nice private location, but still close enough to shops, restaurants and all the sites. The units are small cottages, one bedroom, kitchen, living room and bath. The separate cottages are nice, there are no neighbors or connecting walls. Each cottage has its own parking spot. The resort is well maintained and looks geat. There are water features and fountains all around, creating a calming water sound. The pool is big and the jacuzzi was wonderful after a day of hiking. They close the pool at 10pm, which is late enough to enjoy if you had a full day. The cottages are great, there is everything you need in the kitchen. Full bath with big tub. Plenty of storage in the bedroom. The couch in the living rom pulls out as a bed. There is a breakfast nook as well. Overall, a small home away from home. The housekeeping cleans once a week for timeshare owners, not sure for nightly guests. The front desk staff is wonderfull, the concierge was great at explaining about the area, gave us maps and recommendations. There is a restauant on site, with some nightly all-you-can-eat specials. There are also activities at the resort, in case you didn't find anything to do in town (unlikely...). I liked this resort alot, it's a great change from bland overpriced hotel roooms.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank satrel
Reviewed 1 May 2008

Great Resort!

Like many other people have said, at first glance, it may look like a trailer park...but it really is so much more. Many people stopped in to inquire about the units just by driving by the resort...so they obviously thought the appearance wasn't that bad?! I would rather have an individual "cottage" unit, then be attached to multiple units. The little streams between the units added such a relaxing setting...my favorite!

Very clean units. Units have all you need...everything from an ironing board and toilet plunger, to your own BBQ.

Yes house keeping comes once- mid week...but do you really need them to be coming every single day. If you need extra towels, just call the front desk. I personally don't need someone cleaning up after me everyday...nor do I want to waste extra water cleaning towels and bedding that don't need to be cleaned.

Restaurant was great. Wednesday night all you can eat ribs...they were the best ribs I have ever had. There were people that came to the resort just to eat the ribs. That says a lot.

We will visit again.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank fishewishe
Reviewed 27 April 2008

We stayed here as a swap week for our timeshare. The resort is located several miles away from Sedona, so it takes a few minutes to get to any restaurants and shops. For those wishing to be able to walk to sights, shops or restaurants, be advised that this resort is not within walking distance of ANYTHING. It is in a quiet setting, and we only saw a few people when we went for walks within the resort area.

The unit in which we stayed was very clean and modern, with all the little things you would want while on vacation (iron, hairdryer, good pans and dinnerware). We mostly ate out, except for breakfasts, but found the kitchen all set for larger meals. My only complaint is the size of the bedroom - there is not much space around the bed. There is a wall of built-ins for drawer and closet space, all in fine condition. The bathroom has lots of storage space with a nice shower/jacuzzi set up. The air and heat (we used both depending on the time of day) worked well, and there are lots of windows so it was a bright unit. Each unit has a deck attached with a table - we enjoyed sitting outside after a long day of sight seeing, and we had a view of a small mountain, but not the kind seen down in town. There were flowering trees by each unit and a few fountains with water flowing beside all of the units.

The resort has a sense of a trailer park, and indeed there are spaces rented for RVs and trailers on the lot. We had an end unit in the back of the resort, so we didn't see much of them once we were at our unit. There are laundry facilities and pools, but we didn't use them. We did go to the time share presentation - we got an offer at the Movie Museum in Sedona, which is owned by Sedona Pines, and were given 2 first class tickets to the Verde Canyon train, a great trip, and another time share offer, so it was worth it. She only kept us about 20 minutes when she realized we really werent interested.

The best part was just being near Sedona. It is the most wonderful area. We took a guided tour of Grand Canyon which included lunch and 4 stops at the canyon offered by Great West Adventure Co. (ask for Dave as a driver). I doubt we would stay at Sedona Pines again, simply because it is so far out and the bedroom is so small, but our stay went well.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2008

My husband and I spent a week in Sedona. Anywhere else, this resort would have been sub par, but it was saved by being in beautiful Red Rock country! It is a few miles west of Sedona, very easy to miss especially if you approach after dark! If at all possible, plan your arrival in daylight, to get the most of the drama of seeing the red rocks as you come up Highway 179 (an easier way than Hwy 89A to get to Sedona from Phoenix).

First impressions:
- the front office smells of cigarette smoke although the property is very forceful in prohibiting smoking in the cabins;
- the cabin is compact - bedroom barely big enough for the bed, with built-in closets; we had to put one suitcase in the living room!
- there was a glob of blue toothpaste left on the side of the faucet which did not give us much confidence about the cleanliness of everything else!!
- burned light bulb in bathroom
- alarm clock display numbers defective

Latter 2 were corrected the next day upon my report to the office. But we had to live with the toothpaste until mid-week when housekeeping came for the once weekly cleaning. On that day, housekeeping put our dishes through the dishwasher without detergent, and I had to redo everything that evening. Another indicator of their cleaning standard.

Even though the cabins are not connected, we could hear our neighbour whenever they turn on their faucet at night. Thank goodness that was all we could hear!!

We signed up for a Bottom of the Grand Canyon tour through the office. But they cancelled it on us probably because we declined to attend the timeshare sales pitch in order to save on one tour price..... If it's important to you to visit the Grand Canyon ( we'd been there before), better book off site.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple