“Unhappy”

Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Phoenix, Arizona
“Unhappy”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband and I came down to Sedona to join the time share. Because my husband is unemployed we were disqualified from taking the tour even though I make close to 4,000 a month. We were treated like we had the plague. We weren't allowed to take the tour either and I know it's because they didn't want to give us the cruise or airline voucher. . I will never stay at this resort and I can't believe you treat people so unkindly just because they don't work. When I called to make the reservations I was not asked about our income and was not told that both spouses had to be working. As soon as my husband said he was unemployed they disqualified us.People shouldn’t be treated unfairly no matter what their financial situation is. I understand you have to make sure people can afford to join the time share but I also know you don’t treat people unkindly.
belindaziegman@yahoo.com

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank belindazi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2010

My husband and I have just returned home to the UK from a 2-week stay in Sedona Pines. Whilst we cannot fault the cleanliness and general service provided by the staff, we felt that in comparison to other American Units we have stayed in, they were very small and similar in size to studio units we have been to. This is the first Resort we've stayed in where laundry facilities were separate from the Unit and the Resort requested that you stay with your laundry whilst the machines were running. This didn't cause us a problem, but may be an issue for others. WiFi was almost non-existent from within the unit (SSID SedonaPinesRV) and we were only able to get very limited access during our stay. Even where we were told access was good, in public areas, we still found it very patchy. However, 2 public desktop computers which were connected to the internet were available at the Front Desk.
The bistro was expensive and as this was the only source of on-site entertainment we had to drive into the local town for any meals and evening entertainment.
Although the fitness centre was small, it was well appointed with weight, running and biking machines.
However, we loved Sedona and the surrounding areas and as we were only using the cottage as a base location, it ticked all the boxes.

Walnut Creek, Ca
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Stayed at Sedona Pines on an RCI exchange and was prepared for the modular units. Since I had a 2 bedroom unit and there were only 2 of us, the size of units was adequate. The second bedroom across the deck was of adequate size and provided plenty of privacy.The Main Bedroom was adequate, but there was only room to walk around the bed!!! There was ample space to store clothes, suitcases in the built in spaces in the bedrrom.The flowing water behind all units was very soothing if windiws were opened at night. The units were spotless and the grounds were well manicured with mature plants and trees. The free breakfast wa very good and totally organized. The tour vendors were brief in their presentations, but the time was well used by all!! Enjoyed the Verde Canyon Railway, but would pay for it rather than do the Time Share Tour!! Restraunt, was good and reasonably priced, especially the free Margaritas!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank barbaraj62
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 September 2010

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights as an RCI points exchange. The units were small, but very clean, and very adequate for 2 people that do not spend a lot of time in room. The pool was very nice with music as many have no music. Advertised as heated, but that could be argued. Workout room was fine. Front desk help was very nice and friendly. Our biggest objection is absolutely no internet in the units. Because of this, we gave it an average rating. We also had no cell service, but AT&T could be to blame for that. We would stay there again, but not bring computer. Owners really should break down and install wireless or tell people there is no service.

2 Thank dpruett
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Wonderful place to stay, within short distance of Sedona and other great things and places to see. Many activities within the park and much to do in the area. Park is quiet; units are very nice and everything you need is supplied. (Cannot say as much for many condo resorts.)

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2010

After reading previous reviews wasn't sure what to expect. Arrived late so nice surprise on wake up. The resort was very quiet clean And not too far from sedona for restaurants and shopping. Accommodation was comfortable newish looking and had everything you needed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jackysparkle
Springfield, PA
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My wife and I spent a week at Sedona Pines with our 7 yr-old son. The location is good as it is a quick 5 minute ride to the heart of Sedona. We stayed in a one bedroom cottage. Each cottage is essentially a modular home with a deck outside. If it was maybe one foot wider it would've been so much easier to maneuver around. Two adults can barely pass each other in the kitchen and getting around the foot of the bed was a tight squeeze. My son slept in the couchbed and that was fine, but I wouldn't recommend using a one bedroom for any more than 2 adults and one or two small children as it would just be too cramped. The two-bedroom units are interesting because the 2nd bedroom is a separate building across from the deck. One couple we met had an 8 yr-old daughter and had a 2 bedroom but didn't feel comfortable letting her sleep in essentially her own cottage, so consider this if you're booking. The units seemed quite clean and the kitchen supplies were quite sufficient. The fact that each unit is free-standing is nice noise-wise. No slamming hotel doors or hearing other people's tv through the wall.
The one time I called maintenance with a request the response was immediate.
Front desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Pool area was never too crowded and they play decent soft rock music through the speakers. There are three outdoor hot tubs, including one in an area that is adults only.
The lack of wireless internet across the entire location is inexcusable in 2010. We had to carry our laptop down the road to a "common area" to get a signal. I understand vacation isn't supposed to be about lingering over your computer, most people like to check in on hometown news, send pictures from the trip to family, etc.
There is an independently owned & operated restaurant on site whose prices were a joke. We would've considered at least breakfast there a couple times that week if the prices weren't ridiculous. When at the pool one day my wife ran in and got a fountain soda for my son and it was close to $3.00.
The free 18 hole mini golf was a real treat and provided for hours of entertainment during our stay. The course itself is kept very clean of debris but most of the golf clubs were a little wobbly.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family