“Take A Walk On The Wild Side...”

Hyatt Residence Club Sedona, Pinon Pointe
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 25 January 2014

First and foremost, we loved this place enough to purchase a timeshare on this trip, so obviously we had a great time and enjoyed the resort thoroughly. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, EXCEPT for one issue, the javelinas. Javelinas are generally quiet boar like animals and keep to themselves, but the staff never told me or my family that they roam freely around the resort and Sedona in general. The staff really needs to at least let the guests know they exist and how to deal with them if they come across them. Otherwise the trip was amazing, the pool area is comfortable with great views of Snoopy Rock, the location is ideal and the rooms were new and clean with all the amenities. I suggest you all give it a try!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank neil1969

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This was a beautiful place in the middle of all the action, mainly for us hiking the magnificent Red Rocks. We exchanged a two bedroom villa and got the second floor, which was great due to some of the views we got. The one bedroom villa had an excellent jacuzzi and a fireplace which we used often due the cold weather at night and early morning. My brother was disappointed with his guest room but I thought it was all right for guests and in light of the fact that he spent most of his time in our room. The facilities were fantastic, especially the fire pit, the family room, jacuzzi, etc. Service was excellent as well as every staff member we met. Overall this was an excellent stay in a classy place. The surrounding area was one of the most beautiful places anyone can visit. The City of Sedona has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. And as a bonus you are only within two hours from the Grand Canyon. So why not 5 stars? Two problems that are not minor: small pillows and a very hard and uncomfortable sofa. If those could be changed solo this Hyatt would be as close to being perfect as possible.

Stayed: December 2013
6  Thank sunseedco
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The location was ideal-- right in the heart of Uptown Sedona, with a good mix amenities all within walking distance.

Service was very good, and all of the staff were pleasant and tried to be helpful.

The rooms were spacious and well provisioned. The views can vary dramatically so inquire when you book or check in--as they can range from outstanding to disappointing. My view was disappointing so I could not give it 5 stars. Also, request a room close to the pool and the reception area. Rooms can be a hike from the pool or amenities.

And finally, lighting in the parking lots and stairwells is poor at best, so be careful.

Room Tip: Select a room with a view of the Red Rock Mountains, and close to the pool so you don't have to...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NYReviewer99999
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed here for 1 week on a timeshare trade. It was such a pleasant surprise when we saw the accommodations and the area! The rooms were wonderful...spacious and comfortable. We were in bldg. 5 and had a king in one room and a queen in the other. There was a fireplace and lovely balcony off the main living room. Of course the views of Sedona from the balcony were breathtaking! Family joined us for a few days and then friends came later in the week. With the mid-week housekeeping this worked out perfectly. The resort is close to shops and restaurants. We were approached by the concierge to attend a presentation about the resort but we declined and thankfully were not contacted about this again. The only drawback we encountered was some noise. We were in a mid-level unit and we could here footsteps and noise when chairs were pulled out from the upstairs unit. It would be helpful if the resort put pads on the chair feet to limit the noise. But this was minor. I would recommend this resort to everyone!

Room Tip: Top floors probably have less chance of noise from other guests.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I read some of the recent reviews & was VERY nervous that the Hyatt was going to be a let down. This was a special trip. We had a loss in the family on Thanksgiving & are starting a new tradition of going on vacation instead of the usual traditions.
I helped plan what we are now calling "The Thanksgiving Adventure" using a timeshare exchange thru Interval for my boyfriend, myself & his mother.
Let me just say we stayed in #1113 & it was EXCELLENT! We did indeed have a door that connected the 2 very large units (that would have been a little awkward, but not much) but the way the rooms are situated it was no inconvenience at all. We each had our own bathroom, bedroom, a terrace each, 1 full size kitchen & 1 small kitchenette. I couldn't imagine needing more : )
The kitchen was excellent, Cuisenart blender, pot & pan. The view was STUNNING from our room & the service was above & beyond nice. The pool (heated) area is gorgeous with rock formations & a few hot tubs to choose from & state of the art stainless steel grill area w modern outdoor furnishings. The gym was the best I've seen in YEARS.
The only small down side was that there was a very busy body child staying above us running around at all hours. But when I called & notified the front desk they said they would move us, but the noise stopped since they were checking out the next day.
I would recommend this place for couples (our room had a very large whirlpool bath ; ) or for families & even a girls get away or yoga retreat. There are many activites to do in the area, hiking, yoga, off road or just road tripping. The Hyatt & Sedona really has a wide range of good qualities. It's located in the heart of Sedona. We had a great time & will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, there are TONS of steps! And the way the place is built, you arrive on the to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Lily J
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is about the most over-priced hotel in the area. It looks nice in the pictures - but when in the room it has the feel of a Motel 6. There are adjoining doors to most rooms - in which case you can hear everything from the other guests. This is very awkward and uncomfortable - bad if you are trying to sleep or enjoy a movie. It also does not seem to be family friendly - I saw some naked guys hanging out from the balcony. The rooms are tiny.

Room Tip: There aren't any quiet rooms. I asked to be moved - due to some neighbors. They weren't dr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Outtatoone
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I just spent a week at this Hyatt. It was fantastic! My friend has a timeshare and she invited me to join her there. We had a 2 bedroom unit, on the 2nd floor, both units had king size beds. I think it was unit 1722. We could not believe how beautiful our unit was and the view from our balcony was spectacular. (but I can understand why people are disappointed when they get a downstairs unit without a view.) As others have said, there is no elevator so the tradeoff for getting a spectacular view was that we had to lug own suitcases up the stairs but it was well worth it. It was a great location for walking around town, and was at the intersection of 89A and 179 which made driving from here easy too.

Check in was fast and friendly. The concierge is really just the timeshare desk. They gave us some tourist information, confirmed a reservation we had made with the Pink Jeep Tour, then asked us several times about attending a timeshare presentation. My friend thought they were a little overbearing, but I was pleasantly surprised that they never contacted us again all week.

Our unit could not have been more comfortable. We had gas grills and a fire pit right outside, but it was quite windy most nights so we didn't use it. The kitchen in the main unit was small but beautiful. We used it for breakfast and occasionally to heat up dinner leftovers. Dish soap and coffee were provided in both rooms. Midweek, our trash was picked up, towels were replaced, and coffee, shampoo, etc was restocked. The bathrooms were both huge and beautiful.

The activity center was a bit of a walk from our room and there were no signs throughout the property to point us toward It until we were just about at it, but once we found the best way to get there, we enjoyed the nice pool and hot tubs. The rec room had a good supply of board games, a huge tv over the fireplace and a free pool table. The attendant was a friendly young lady who also provided towels and bathrobes for the pool. One night was "movie night" and there were 2 teenage boys watching The Blind Side, but other than that, we had the place to ourselves each night.

I don't think our Hyatt experience could possibly have been any better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view when you make the reservation.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends